College Football 2003 (NOTHING BUT SMACK THREAD)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GringoTex, Aug 28, 2003.

1. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    It's really a shame that Michigan didn't kick Oregon's ugly-uniformed butt, because if we had, we'd be going to New Orleans. I'm convinced that we could at least keep it respectable against OU, which I don't think USC (or anybody else in college football) can.

Saturday was sheer glory, no question about it. I just feel bad for Jason Avant, but he'll get a couple more chances.

2. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite the fact that we sucked all year, Alabama has been the only team to keep it respectable.

20-13.

3. okie

okie New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    OKC,OK
    Hey. Mike do you know if I can buy beer with those food stamps?

P.S. The bet was he said the ACC is a football power and I said the ACC sucked! I WIN.

4. okie

okie New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    OKC,OK
    Bama played hard last year too. Im starting to think, that is the only game they want to win.

5. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the probation that's killing us man. It is finally starting to have an effect...well that and having 3 different coaches in less than a year. They only lost two games by more than 14 points. I know that isn't any kind of consolation, but we're just having to buck up, say we suck now and look to the future. I figure 2-3 years after santctions are over we should be back in the swing of things. Considering sanctions and coaching problems, it was quite a year to have such a tough schedule huh? Oklahoma, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss. Of course, that isn't really different from any other year besides Oklahoma. I keep forgetting that most other conferences suck so bad and don't face that kind of competition year in and year out.

6. okie

okie New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    OKC,OK
    Wasnt there talks about getting rid of their new coach? That would be a shame.

They only lost two games by more than 14 points. I know that isn't any kind of consolation, but we're just having to buck up, say we suck now and look to the future. I figure 2-3 years after santctions are over we should be back in the swing of things. Considering sanctions and coaching problems, it was quite a year to have such a tough schedule huh? Oklahoma, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss. Of course, that isn't really different from any other year besides Oklahoma. I keep forgetting that most other conferences suck so bad and don't face that kind of competition year in and year out. [/QUOTE]

Wow, That is a pretty tough schedule. Better luck next year, unless your playing OU.

7. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. That's just people talking. They'd be insane to get rid of him after one year. Shula got the job less than one month before practice started! That's fall practice, not spring training!

Like I said, that's life in the SEC. We aren't playing OU next year...although I hope we meet again in the future. OU vs. UA seems like a good rivalry could brew. Two teams with long traditions of winning. I respect you guys.