Coentrao vs. Adu

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by bostonf4lyf, Jul 9, 2007.

1. bostonf4lyf

bostonf4lyf Member

Mar 18, 2006
    wmass
    after watching this kid play in the tournament, (he is the blond winger)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nLRzqe0QA8

i couldnt help myself but to create an adu vs coentrao thread.

if you dont know who he is, he played in the portuguese second division, and is rumored to be signed by benfica.

coentrao has better speed and has very quick feet, this kid will no doubt be world class in a few years.

is adu up to his standard?

imo i think adu and coentrao will be very close to the same level of play when they both mature.

what do you guys think?

2. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hes raw, but that was a friendly against New Zeland, what has he done this cup?

3. FurySoccer04

FurySoccer04 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Alberta
    Nah.. that was the first game of the group stage for them, it was part of the U-20 World Cup

4. Musichascolors

Musichascolors Red Card

May 17, 2007
    Adu had a goal and an assist in 45 minutes when USA played New Zealand.

5. PantsB

PantsB New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    What did he do the rest of the way? I mean, NZ has 4 US college players, 5 who play in pro leagues (1 reserve Fulham, 4 for A-League) and the rest play in a semi-pro league.

Now having watched it... um.... how does this performance compare to Adu's this competition? At all?

6. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he didnt even get a decent shot off really, and only made one dangerous play.

7. FurySoccer04

FurySoccer04 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Alberta
    Adu has been playing unreal this tournament but really the main thing for me is not just his play

He's an 89 (which is 2 years younger than most of the players, or a year at least) and he's playing his role as the captain of that team, being a leader and yet still a threat at the same time, which is really something.

Coentrao has skills, but Adu brings more to the team than him, Adu has a presence on the field which is more than than just Coentrao's speed and skills

8. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

DING DING DING!

9. FurySoccer04

FurySoccer04 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Alberta
    as in agreed? haha