Club Quake end of Yr Party?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by 1Bri Fanatic333, Nov 7, 2004.

1. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Do we have any idea as to when this might be scheduled, and where? Getting time off from work has to be done pratically 2 weeks ahead of the date, and even then, I have to make up some grand excuse, then BEG, and PRAY for the night off. I need to know ASAP as to when this might be.....

I'm not trying to be rude and rush you all, Imean, the season isn't even over for everyone yet, but still, like, I need to know as soon as possible.

2. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    Rumor is: it will be held Saturday, 11/20. I don't know if it will be afternoon or evening.

Mike

3. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to work that weekend. If it is that weekend. Please announce it soon!!!!! Please please please!!! I have to get a plane ticket and figure out how to make it there if that's the case. The longer I wait the harder and more expensive it will be.

4. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's in the afternoon, that's fine. If it's at night, there's a possible conflict since the Uptones are playing in Oakland.

Decide on the time and I'm there. And, be very good to know since we can get sj_quakes_fan to make another trip over here. :)

5. bcguy4quakes

bcguy4quakes BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 27, 2000
    Santa Cruz, CA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC they announced at the KC-Quakes Semifinal game viewieng party that the Club Quake end of year party would be at the Downtown Brit on Nov 20. No time was announced, that I recall.

6. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UGH! What about those of us members who couldn't be there? I love Club Quake! You guys work very hard! But it was hard enough for me to miss the last game at Spartan this season. I can't miss this. So please please let us all know!

7. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just the date, but it's unconfirmed... like I say, when it's official... :)

8. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    So, would it be safe to put in a "request off notice" for that night? I mean, working at a grocery store, getting any time off during the holidays is like an act of congress, but I think I have to go to Bakersfield for some family time with my fiance...yeah, thats it, SOUNDS GOOD! ;) :D
    so, everyone is saying "tentative"....should I even bother putting this is now, or should I wait? I mean, this is gonna be REALLY hard to get off. I predict another fight between my boss and I coming....but I'm not missing this party for nuffin! Man, please let us know ASAP!

9. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    The date is firm, only the time is unannounced at this point.

I was asked to put together the player awards and have them available by Saturday, 11/20 (and no, I'm not telling who won).

Mike

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I can book a flight and plan on Saturday? It's not going to change correct? I'll book tonight if I can.

11. porkrind

porkrind Member+

Quakes
    United States
    Sep 27, 2001
    Bostonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I put in a request to have the date and time confirmed. I guess the date has been confirmed, but everyone needs to know the time.

-JM

12. harddrv

harddrv New Member

Sep 16, 2001
    As it stands now - it will be on Saturday, 11/20 from 1-5p at the downtown Brit - details to follow

13. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I just booked my flight. So this better happen. I have to work until 8-10pm on Friday. Be at the airport at 5am on Saturday. Club Quake party. Be at the airport at 5am on Sunday. Go directly from PDX to work for 8-10 hours.

So this better happen on the 20th! :D

14. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Otherwise, we get a visit from Cousin Vito?

15. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    :D
    Cousin Vito is not a very nice man! Man, do I have stories about Cousin Vito!! HAHA! No, he really is nice, sometimes...when you play by his rules....lol... :eek:

16. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    Is the Earthquake's FO hosting this party? Looks like the Rapid's season ticket holders are getting appreciated by the orginization.

"The Rapids are pleased to announce that the club will be hosting the annual Season Ticket Holder Picnic (indoors!) on Sunday, November 14th in conjunction with the 2004 MLS Cup Final! All Rapids Full Season Ticket Holders are invited to join the team at Brooklyn’s at the Pepsi Center for an afternoon of festivities, food, and fun with the whole Rapids organization! "Full Release.

17. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, this party is hosted by Club Quake.

18. europa1057

europa1057 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    California
    Poo. We'll be out of town that weekend. Have an extra beer (or 5) for us.

19. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View
    We had 'Shake with the Quakes' when it was still nice enough to have it outdoors.

20. raindawg

raindawg Member

Sep 22, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just out of curiosity, are folks from the SC City Council (Kevin Moore and others) being invited to this as well? It'd be good to have them there...

21. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    Good idea. SSV will look into it...

Mike

22. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe you could invite Ron Gonzales (and the rest of the SJ establishment), too?

23. Aquari

Aquari New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Darn! I will be seeing Nigela Lawson in Napa on that day!

Have fun you guys :) IrishQuake might make it though.

24. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nigella Lawson!
    Yum. (and I ain't talkin' about her food)

Here the offical invite:
    It's the Club Quake End of the Season Party!

Every year, Club Quake throws a bash to celebrate the season we've had. And there is much to celebrate this year, now that we know the team will be here in 2005. Now for the details:

The End of Year Party will be on Saturday November 20th, at the Downtown Britannia Arms, from 12:30 to 5PM. Videos of our best games, awards to player, raffles prizes, a silent auction, music, and karaoke are just some of the planned activities.

Tickets for the event will be limited to the first 250 Fanatics that sign up via e-mail. Tickets will be $20 for Adults and $10 for Children. Send your request for tickets to Events at clubquake.org. Confirmation will be sent via e-mail, and you can pay for tickets at the door. Ticket price includes hot & cold sandwiches, finger foods, 1 beverage from the bar, and a raffle ticket. Non-members are welcome. Price for non-members/new members will be $30 and will include a 2005 CQ membership.

and just because:
    [​IMG]
    le sigh.

25. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    anyone wanna give me some easy directions from 680 on? Remember, I get lost easily......