CLUB BRUGGE vs REAL MADRID | Champions League Group Stage Day 6 | 11.12.19 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Dec 9, 2019.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The cup format changed, no more early round pushing lower tier teams around. We might get a second division team in the beginning but that guarantees that they have the home advantage and its a 1 off game. Jovic messes that up and it's curtains. Lots of pressure.

Digital repped this.
  2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #277 janos audron, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Rodrygo played 247 minutes more than Jovič. That is more than half of the playing time Jović has received in all competitions - 396 minutes.

Not to mention distribution of minutes per match. Rodrygo has had much more coherent playing time. Started more matches and in general played more minutes per match, and has continuity in last month+. Plus, he plays more with A-squad which hit form in last month+, unlike Jović whose most of the minutes came when we were struggling with form. Another key element, at least from my perspective is wingers will adapt much easier in Zizu`s system than strikers. There were situations y-day, when he made quality movement and he did not receive the ball in depth, because we are simply not set up in such a way. He also had 2-3 chances, of which he would burry at least 1 last season considering he had confidence and continuity.

I doubt Zidane rates the player to the point he considers him as RM future. Mbappe is that guy. Jović is a back-up. Expensive version of Mariano basically.

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good point

4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    His header to rodrygo should have led to a goal and was eventually settled and scored by Jr.

Jovic isn't having the start to his career that I'd like to see but it's clear to me that his teammates are just as confused about how to play with him as he is rusty/out of form. Zidane needs to be playing him more.

Anon. repped this.
  5. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I actually went to watch this game live.
    It was not a particularly captivating game, but it was nice to see my favourite team in the world play against my favourite team in Belgium. Second time I've seen Real Madrid play live.

Attached Files: