Closest KNT Encounter

Discussion in 'Korea' started by melonbarmonster, May 23, 2011.

1. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    What's your closest interaction with KNT player former or current?

I saw Seol in Spain during off season with his teammates while he was at Anderlecht I think and yelled at him but he pretended to not hear me. Unfriendly bastard.

My parents met Cha senior and my mom said Cha said he wasn't special as a player during his younger years but then he started finding goals more and more easily as he got older but isn't sure what it was that made him get better.

2. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    I yelled, "what the ******** are you doing?" at park chu young at from my seat at seoul wc stadium when he fluffed a free kick against iran.

not a very close encounter

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I guess my parents had a different take than yours. My mom went to school with him. He was a phenom, and a hero on campus, b/c her university never lost their matches against Yonsei when he played (or that's how she recalls it). She has some funny annecdotes as well about CBK from their time at school.

I ran into Yoo Sang Chul once. Really nice. And I rode an elevator w/ Choi Yong Soo as well.

4. Hyunstickystuff

Jan 10, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I saw Lee Young Pyo in Anyang. In a fancy spaghetti restaurant up in the mountains... Wanted to get his autograph but didn't want to bother his meal. Should of anyways.:(

5. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    The fish store 아저씨 looks remarkably like our old coach, the guy at Incheon FC now.
    He denies any link to the KNT but damn they look the same. 큰집 식당 has a picture of PJS hanging on the wall with a thousand other celebs.

That's the closest I've been.

6. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Does staff count as well? Mr. Chung is a family friend.

7. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I meet Park Ji Sung every week....through my TV ahaha!

8. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Lee Woon Jae... spitting distance when they came to home depot center to play sweden, does that count?

9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Well 'young' and 'older' are relative terms so who knows. Maybe Cha was being humble about his exploits. Tell us more about your mom's stories about Cha.

10. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    haha the closest I get to KNT players is quite indirect: i know a noona that lived in the netherlands and went to church with Song Jong-gook and LYP. She was pretty close to Song and his wife (now ex-wife). She also said PJS would come once in a while cuz he was bored.

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My first KNT encounter was with Choi Yong-soo. Or at least it was with someone who looked very much like him. I saw him play Virtua Striker near Kangnam Station so I joined in. This was after I watched the other guys give up after numerous games. He was pretty good. It got to a point where we had to commit fouls to prevent each other from making goals. I got the hang of it on my third game against him. Even after he walked out, he came back for more. He continued to play more games until I got six wins in a row. This was back in 199something.

My second close encounter was the older Cha. He goes to church in Ichon(or Icheon), Seoul. Me and my mom saw him next to his car after he walked out the church. I honked the Korean chant to him. He smiled. He seemed to be shy about it too.
    Another guy who didn't see Cha was walking by. He thought I was honking at him and got angry. His friend explained and pushed him ahead to where they were walking to.

My third encounter was with Lee Young-pyo. I believe that he loves pasta because we saw him in an Italian restaurant by Baekoon Lake near Anyang and judging from Hyunstickystuff's post. He was with his wife and his kid.

I saw plenty of other players in the games against Czechoslovakia, Brazil, USA, and Iran.

13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I bet rome had better pastas to serve

14. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Does being in stadiums count?

15. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i got to shake hands with Hong Myung-Bo in so cal when he was still a LA Galaxy player and he had a football academy for kids. My church was invited to a tourney (his footy academy was the main sponsor)

i also got to know the 친누님 of Lee Min-Sung and they are so identical!

16. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Choi Yong Soo is one Korean I personally saw 20 times in downtown Seoul when I was in Korea. Walking down Kangnam streets, loading up butcher trucks, walking the dog.

There are a lot of Korean doods who look like Choi YS.

I almost got in a fist fight with Choi YS in San Francisco too.

17. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Choi YS is tall and the one I met was really tall. There were very few tall Koreans in those days. But I didn't look carefully at his face so I could be wrong.

Cha BG and Lee YP have very distinctive features. I'm sure I met them.

18. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I saw shin tae yong(former KNT player and currrent sungnam manager) right in front of me in yatap, bundang. I saw some players getting on the bus as well, although I didn't recognize any of them lol.

19. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was a fan club member of Busan Royals during the first year of K-League. I attended the football clinique with Cha Boom, and exchanged a few passes with him. He said a few things to me which I can't remember. I just remember staring at his thighs. They were HUGE.

20. delllogo

delllogo Member

Nov 19, 2007
    i was in seoul restaurant when i saw lee chun soo taking an ojum in the stalls.
    i quickly grabed opportunity to meet him, and i took stall next to him, but his ojum was so rancid smelly. i looked at him weirdly, then he made pucker fase , and lft washroom without washing hands.

amybe that why he look like ojum face

[​IMG]

21. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lololololololo

22. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Was out last night in a noraebong with a few players from the 2010 WC. Choi Sung Guk wanted to practice his English with me and introduced himself with the English name "David Beckham". His English is decent, his wife and sister are living in England.

23. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    At least google a name for the restaurant to make your story seem a little more authentic. :D

24. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Did you ask him if he was really bribed?

25. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    히히히히히 ~