Clint's future in the MLS

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by NJ Landon Fan, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    I read in the newspaper like 10 days ago that they (MLS official people), arent sure if Clint is going to be in the MLS next season. Rumor has it that he may go to Europe. There were some weird different reasons, they say that Arena didnt play him in Korea because he partied and drank too much. That somehow has to do with the MLS ? I dont know. CLint doesnt know and doesnt seem to care either. I just think, if Clint scored that great goal on Sunday against D.C. and saved the MetroStars's asses, then why would they try making a deal w/an European Club? He should stay. He's awesome! So , did anyone else hear this too? Clarification would be nice! Thanks !

2. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    All I know is that Clint has beer on tap in his basement.

3. kwikstah

kwikstah New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    I think Bruce is homophobic.

4. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Great goal against D.C., eh?

5. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mathis is a great player and I hope the best for him, but there does seem to be some signs that he would need a dose of humility in order to succeed in Europe.
    Not lose his cockiness, just maybe work a little hard to take his game to the next level.

Keep in mind, of course, that I think Clint has SERIOUS game already!

6. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    Clint is a great player and if he worked to smooth out the rough around the edges it would help him a lot. If he can rediscover all that 2001 form then he could hold his own in just about any team Europe except Real Madrid, Manchester United, the real big powerhouses. Although if he worked his hardest maybe he could get on those teams.

And how was that a great goals against DC? I could've finished that. It was a tap in.

7. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    kwikstah...you think Bruce is homophobic? Does that imply something about certain players? Clue me in, please. Thanks.

8. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    Watching Clint in 2001, it was clear to me that he was a thousand times better than any other US finisher. He could score from everywhere. I hope he uses this offseason to play some soccer somewhere so he can regain form. He could use another year in the MLS because if he is not fit, he will not play for any decent Euro side.

9. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    There is tons of speculation that Clint is gay.
    - soft spoken
    - dresses in blouses
    - brings a guy to the ESPY's with him
    - plays for the Metrodonkeys

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

10. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Please put a stop to the gaybaiting. "Not anything wrong with that" doesn't cover it.

11. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    How is it "gaybaiting" to restate what has already been said? I never forward a position. A person asked why the "homophobia" comment was made.

As much as you in your liberal world would like to think something like the possibility of the biggest US soccer star being gay doesn't matter, the fact is that it does.
    It has nothing to do with "hating" or "bashing". It has more to do with the fact that there are not ANY openly gay athletes in any major sport.

Some people can have discussion on sexuality without being called a homophobe, but I imagine you are one of the people who will call anyone who discusses race relations a racist.

12. dsylvest

dsylvest Member

Jan 18, 1999
    DC
    interesting soccer discussion. perhaps we'll get a post from le saux or robbie fowler next.

13. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--

That's a load of crap. You posted a list of gay stereotypes, and concluded by gay baiting a rival team and its fans.

You can't take the high road on this-- you weren't trying to discuss the possibility of a gay athelete. It's disgusting that you're trying to claim that you were having a serious discussion-- it can't be done, based on what you previously wrote.

14. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    grow the hell up.

thread closed.