Clint is an *#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by tkgunn, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Yep.

Mathis and Howard.

Hate to see them go at around the same time.

2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

The fans had a chance to give him a proper send off last week after what they should have known was probably his last home game.

I wouldn't acknowledge them either even though he was shown giving a couple of waves as he went down tunnel.

3. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The biggest weaknesses on this team were at left mid and right mid. All the opponents had to do was pack the center and Clint and Guevera were made to look bad. I hope cooler heads prevail in the winter and Clint decides to come back to Metro. Less than 1% chance that will happen because Clint wants to test Europe.

Maybe we can trade for Esko to replace Clint?

4. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can't give jerseys away

I don't know how is it for the Mets, but the DC players don't throw jerseys to fans anymore. Instead, they sell them during silent auctions and raise tons of $ for charities.

With Jolley's and other charities in the area, it's possible that the jersey that Mathis wore for his last MLS game could be used similarly.

You'd definitely have to throw out your 'Clint's a jerk' rhetoric then.

5. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Re: Re: Clint is an *#*#*#*#*#*#*#

I thought we DID give him the proper send off?

6. Vistula

Vistula New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Garfield
    He gave us his send-off on September 6th as far as I'm concerned.

7. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If a few people on a message board and a lippy fan or two were really that damaging to his confidence, then he has no chance to thrive in Europe, period.

8. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Wow, it gets ridiculous after a point. Anyway, I thought he showed well today, especially in the first half (wished he had more touches in the second half, but it's over now). He was all over the place, and he showed a lot of fire. He was the only player who opened up the game. He only had one chance on goal, but he was with Pope Jolley and Walker, the best Metros on the field today. It would have been nice for him to have scored a goal, but he didn't get the chance.

The Ref today was the disgrace. The first pk call was borderline. At first, I thought it clearly warranted a pk, replay at the stadium showed that it wasn't as flagrant (i.e. no scoring chance). He missed a more flagrant one, when Wolyniec's jersey was almost ripped off his body by that punk Heaps.

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Very wrong and insulting? Do you realize how fucking ridiculous you sound?

What's next, a lecture on appropriate behavior?

10. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    Dumbest thread ever.

11. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's been a lot of competition lately.

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont like clint, i think he sucks, he probably is trash, but you are just being a little bitch cuz you couldnt get an autograph.

13. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    I guess my daughter should consider herself lucky that he signed a bunch of stuff for her earlier this year for free.

For what it's worth, I believe Clint moving on is in his best intrest. It seems as if he has worn out his welcome here and anything less than a hat trick per game next season will satisfy anyone. A change of scenery just might do Mathis some benefit while ridding the Metros of a nagging and unnecessary distraction.

14. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    europe, europe, europe!!

i think europe signs the BEST players from the other leagues. mathis is certainly not that!!

look, i'm a huge mathis fan. i still remember some of his sublime moves from 2 years ago. he had only one of those this year - a chest trap/strike off the outside of his right boot that would make rvn proud. that's not good enough. there's tons of guys in other leagues doing better than that who will be signed ahead of clint.

first clint needs to regain the speed and skill he lost after the last 2 injuries. then he can play anywhere.

15. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    There aren't tons of guys with enough caps to get a work permit, available on a free transfer during the winter transfer period, and willing to work for peanuts. I'll be surprised if he ends in the Premiership, but you never know.

16. Redhammer

Redhammer New Member

Aug 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    for cheap too. even with their financial mess they could probably afford him. viduka's gone in january also.

17. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    if those are the qualifications, clint is quality!

still don't see how he helps anybody soccerwise now.

18. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC

Actually, Clint signed a few autographs before going into the tunnel at the half.

And I agree, why would he go over to the "Supporters" section where he got insulted last week? So he could get screamed at some more?

The last image I'll probably have of Mathis as a Metro is his 60 yard sprint at the 90th minute to help defend an NE counterattack. Clint, no matter where youre at next season, thank you for everything, and good luck.

19. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    You know what Bigfoot, shut up. I was making a point that it isn't the whole group that was ripping Mathis, and the "incident" from last week was done by a guy who wasn't even confirmed as having been IN the ESC. It is wrong and insulting to paint the whole group with the same brush as a few people. And if you want to talk about sounding ridiculous, just look at yourself. Not only do you act like the unofficial mouthpiece of the front office, but now you whine more than soccerandy5 on the Crew boards. Get a life.

20. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Me whine? About what?

The MFO Campaign, Mathis not scoring, Kenny Arena being on the team, MLS and the Metro not spending money to promote the USOC, being shat on for 8 years by MFO?

Sorry you have the wrong guy.

Now I feel wronged and insulted.

21. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Me whine? About what?

The MPF Campaign? Mathis not scoring? Kenny Arena being on the team? MLS and the Metro not spending money to promote the USOC? Being shat on for 8 years by MFO?

Sorry you have the wrong guy.

Now I feel wronged and insulted.

Later.

22. Metros#1

Metros#1 New Member

May 14, 2001
    NJ

Who do you think he is -- Paul O'Neill?

O’Neill was NOT the most talented on his team, but fans appreciated what he delivered. For the max salary, Clint has not done a whole lot of delivery to earn it for a long while.

23. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    Clint Mathis will be playing for the mexican fifth division

24. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    come on guys its clint mathis we're talking about hes just in a slump....hopefully mathis will find some european team to take him in....maybe somewhere in the bundesliga thats where i can see him the most, or id take clint back for one more season id hate to see clint go off somewhere into lower divisions or the A-league i know the guy still has a lot in him, a fresh start next season with maybe better players around him i know he'll come through for us, we can't blame the teams failure on just him it was the team as a group that failed not just mathis hasn't someone ever thought maybe its bradley's fault i mean the team couldn' connect for any offensive threat its not mathis's fault i say blame bradley!

25. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    If Mathis is not a Metro next season, I hope he's not in MLS. We can bitch all we want but he's the kind of player that can change a game in a heartbeat.
    Having said that, I would like to wish him well wherever he goes...
    If he's a Metro next year he will have my support again...