Class of 2009 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by cbg2004, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Soccer1919

Soccer1919 New Member

Sep 28, 2008
    I maybe able to help with some over the border.

GK Victoria Correa-Parsons 2010 interest from USF, UNC Charlette, Oklahmo, GMU, Indiana, and Texas. She has not verb yet but has been on a couple of un-officials.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/nationals/profile.asp?playerid=1514&sub=2

FW Christine Exeter 2010 interst from Indiana, Texas, and UWV No Verbal

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/nationals/profile.asp?playerid=1553&sub=2

MD Nicole Mitchell 2010 interest from Florida State, UM, Tennesee, and UWV

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/nationals/profile.asp?playerid=1524&sub=2

MD/FW Erin King interest from Notra Dame

2. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    West Virginia damn near has a monopoly on Canada. They really go after the girls hard.

3. thesoccerphantom

Nov 4, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    I was looking at the 2009 spreadsheet for recruiting comittments.

How does a 2009 at this late stage in the game change a verbal comittment from Notre Dame to North Carolina?

Doesn't that break about a thousand unwritten rules for verbal comittments?

4. cbg2004

cbg2004 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    She had offers from both ND and UNC and was deciding between the two. I had reason to believe she had committed to ND, as two different people told me she had. I have since learned that she was committed to UNC from the beginning and recently went on her official visit to Chapel Hill. So, she actually didn't change her commitment ... I was just provided with incorrect information.

5. Lesia

Lesia New Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Please post ones that you know about here (it doesn't have to be a NT player) and I will update the list throughout the year.[/quote]

Michelle Young, FcDallas Blue, Mesquitte, tx,
    UNT

6. Lesia

Lesia New Member

Oct 17, 2008
  7. Soccercrazed

Soccercrazed New Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Jade Davis, 2009 Goalkeeper - Currently at IMG (U19 team) for senior year, committed to Ole Miss in March 2008

8. Northwinds

Northwinds Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin
    Two players that we see often up our way....Chicagoland kids.

Erin DiGiovanni, F, Rocford Dactyls, Southern Illinois Univ. Edwardsville
    Brittany Taylor, Mid, NSA Premier, same school.

I don't think SIUE is on the list, but here you go.

9. Northwinds

Northwinds Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin
    Found out more on the girls from our region, down south.
    Jennifer Humphrey, Edwardsville, IL, St.Louis Scott Gallagher-Huber, Def.
    Kristen Dailey, St.Louis, MO, St. Louis Scott Gallagher-Schilly, F/M.

10. Northwinds

Northwinds Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin
    Found out the following SIUE commits from the STL area to add to the spreadsheet:

Jenny Humphrey, Edwardsville, IL, D, Saint Louis Scott Gallagher
    Kristen Dailey, St.Louis, MO, F, Saint Louis Scott Gallagher
    Jennifer Tucker, Saint Charles, MO, D, Saint Louis Scott Gallagher

11. theguru

theguru Member

May 7, 2008
    How many top 2010 girls are not committed? I hear that several to almost all of the 2010's in Florida this week are committed can that be true? Where can you find out who is in Florida? Is there a publication for the players and teams?

12. thesoccerphantom

Nov 4, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Guru, early bird gets the worm.......
    I've recently had some conversations with parents and coaches that their scholarship money is spent for 2010. Their seasons over, they evaluated their returning players and balanced the books, took care of their needs for 2010 and are moving on. Stuff happens along the way and maybe their is a change. I also think you need to look a little deeper into "the list". This is probably the top 200+ talent pool in the US, missing a few here and there. Also its primarily the top schools. There is still plenty of money out there for good players at smaller schools. Fun ehh...........

13. Northwinds

Northwinds Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin
    Don't try to scare Guru. There are a ton of schools who are still recruiting 2010. Every conference, region, size and affiliation. A school who says they're done, just means they probably don't have the need your player would fill. No one is ever done. If a player is wanted, a coach will find a way. That, by no means, should discourage anyone.

So often, I find its the parents who want their child to go to Big Time Univ. so they can tell everyone and blah, blah, blah. Or at the very least, they want it so badly for the kid, that they are crushed if the top 10 schools don't call. If you haven't heard from UNC, UCLA, FSU, Portland, etc....don't let your kid live in a dream world. Along with their coaches, they need to move forward and find the best fit for the player and her family.
    And what do you mean by smaller schools? Most BCS schools are still very much actively recruiting. And a coach who is done is crazy. Are you aware of some of the players in that class that are still out there? Players any coach in the country would love to have.

14. thesoccerphantom

Nov 4, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Not necessarily smaller but out of the top 80 to 100 schools, for 2009 and even 2010. Look at the list. I am sure there are schools out their actively recruiting right now for 2009 still. But, most of these kids already have applications in for their schools of choice. Soccer or not. Correct in that no one is every done, I am sure their depth charts include back up plans for everyone.

My point all along in the 2010 and 2009 forum is for parents of players to set a game plan and take action. Yes, I do know of 5/6 players in northern new england that are state odp players or better and can absolutely play at the D1 level. 3 of these are 2009's and it just makes me angry to see the parents do nothing to help their player. They don't make phone calls, send emails or letters or invite the coaches to see them play. They just expect the coach to say "here is your scholarship" on a silver platter. I know the kids want to play soccer. I just don't like to see kids who can play, miss an opportunity to do it because they don't have a game plan or information on how the process works.
    Its easy for the top drawer 100. Schools are climbing over each other for these kids.
    How many HS seniors will be freshman soccer players in the NCAA next year? Its a big number and its competitive.

So, I am not scaring guru or any other parent on this forum. I don't want to see any kids miss a chance to play because they didn't know what to do, waited too long or thought the silver platter would just appear. The early bird does get the worm..............

15. Northwinds

Northwinds Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin
    Phantom...absolutely agree. I guess I don't know where parents get that impression, that its just going to happen without some effort on their part. They are either misguided or misinformed. Which is unfortunate for the players.

16. multisport

multisport Member

Nov 9, 2008
    www.soccerscholarshipcoach.com a service to help parents. practically free service, does research on academics/soccer all the way from junior college, naia, d 1,2,3. how to contact coaches, be realistic about who will appreciate you. like you said the top 100 have it easy.

17. psusoccerfan

psusoccerfan Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Copngratulations Hayley

I look forward to seeing you in action. Erica is putting together impressive 2009 and 2010 recruiting classes. The string of Big 10 consecutive regular season championships may get longer and here's hoping for some deep runs in future NCAA tournaments.

Edit: Make that Congratulations

18. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Copngratulations Hayley

IMG Soccer Academy in FLA. Is that were the wealthly send there kids to develop their soccer skills? They always have girls going to good programs, but none of the girls are actually from FLA.

19. reusch1

reusch1 New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Re: Copngratulations Hayley

sort of--- epecially about the wealthy but some of the kids are from fla

20. IKNOSOCR

IKNOSOCR New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2009 NLI is just around the corner. At this point how many verbals are kept with approx one month to go. Do coaches ever back out in the last 30 days?

21. PlayboiXL

PlayboiXL Member

Apr 5, 2008
  22. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    These recruiting services do have some usefullness but it is limited - players in remote areas and schools in remote areas with $$ to attract kids but not for staff to travel much. Lots of D2's or NAIA's for example. As I read the article, I asked myself "but did those kids really want to go there, or that far from home?"

As a coach, I've found the free listings for club team rosters at places like www.gotsoccer.com and soccerincollege.com very useful. I almost never follow up when a recruiting service e-mails or faxes me a profile. I read once that over 90% of college coaches surveyed said they preferred to be contacted directly by the prospect. If they include a link to a nice berecruited.com website, OR one that's free on myspace or facebook, that's a bonus.
    In soccer though, most decent coaches know the established recruiting pipelines pretty well and so there aren't too many top-tier schools that would benefit from these services. In other words, most of those kids on the google spreadsheet are usually pretty well known.

As a parent, you need to educate yourself on this process and figure out what school's really meet your kids needs - athletically and academically - and have multiple sources of money available. Someone referred me to this new book and I think it's a great start for parents:
    http://rightfitpress.com/

School's closed for the holidays so happy surfing.....or skiiing!

24. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did Maddy Laddish switch, I read an article a few months ago about how much she loved Missouri. I dont blame her though, I think most of these girls should wait until the fall of their senior years to commit. Commiting during the summer before your junior year seems premature. Some would argue girls worry about not having a scholarship availiable if they wait too long, well if they are good enough a ship will be availiable.

25. thesoccerphantom

Nov 4, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    I'd say she just upgraded. I'd be more interested to know how that happens. Do people not understand the meaning of the word "comittment".
    Do you think the folks at ND were in contact with her after the verbal?