Clarke returned and left for Europe

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Clarke retornó y partió a Europa - Diario La Estrella - Denise Isla

Nice article that touches several loose ends.

Clarke returned from his South American trip where he looked at a couple of players in Argentina and Brazil. Clarke has left for Ireland to spend Christmas with his family and then will go to Holland on a scouting/recruiting trip.

Clarke said this year's off-season is easier because he doesn't have as many holes to fill on his roster. His focus is on defense and midfield, although if he does come across a nice forward he will pursue as well.

Clarke's feelings on the Quakes move mirrors how most of us feel. He is happy to have an intrastate rival, but sad for the great fans of San Jose.

Apparently there was a match played at PHP yesterday. FCD Sales vs. the rest of FCD personnel. FCD Sales lost 5-4. Hitch scored two goals for the winning squad.

2. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Impressive.

Didn't he play in college?

3. Pasta and Samba

Pasta and Samba New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Yes, but let's just say the service he was getting from Hammond, Dan Hunt, and Swift all but sealed the deal for him. ;)

It was impressive to see the high level of amateur talent on both teams. FCD's front office is stacked with "ballers."

4. Pasta and Samba

Jun 2, 2004
    And let me add that one Kevin Lindstrom had one helluva of a cross for a goal ...

5. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    'ya know some of us would have paid good money to see this
    fixture had we known about it.... :rolleyes:

-bs

6. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I certainly would have stopped by for a look see....any excuses to get out of the casa for a few.

7. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awww man!

I woulda driven up there to watch too!

8. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fairly nice day to tailgate as well. I could have taken an earlier flight out.

Diego, is your avitar Amy Lee?

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Confirm Alito.

9. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope the av is Kate Beckinsale in character as Selene from the Underworld movies.

[​IMG]

10. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'm in luv...... :p

11. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL And I didn't even post a pic of the full costume she wears for most the movie (leather bustier and pants). You can google for those yourself...

12. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    P&S, thanks for the props, but didn't you feed Hammond for the game winner?

And it was GP who did the hard work with the run and finish with a certain No. 6 midfielder on his back for our first goal. (Although yes, it sure did feel damn good to fire that one in, curl it around the defense, and have Pedro be there ti fire it home.)

BTW, uh, it was real ironical to hear Ronnie O'Brien say a few times say, "There is no honesty in this game."

:D

Yes, folks, Hitch is a baller, and is competitive as hell. Great stuff. Like I've said elsewhere, the paradigm has changed. Its a whole new world for FC Dallas - we've got the resources to be a top flight organization in MLS, and Hitch won't accept anything less. I love it - as a fan and as an employee, I love it.

13. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm trying to remember the boxscore.

I know Hitch had two of the first three for his side. The mystery grounds crew guy who looked and sounded like an Irishman we're all familiar with had the other, I believe (and assisted on at least one of the goals to Hitch....)

My cross to GP (yes, Pedroso, the former Brazilian Sidekicks forward who has been with the team at least a year or so) made it 3-1 and I believe he scored the second as well to make it 3-2 at the half. Jeff White scored on a rebound in the box to tie it up at 3 before they scored four and five (Hammond with the fifth goal.)

Andy Smith scored a nice goal (roofed it with a blast past the keeper) in injury time to make it 5-4.

And yes, it was a lot of fun. Sorry I didn't get a chance to spread the word - we've been pushing real hard to take care of the holiday packs, renewals and Interliga. (BTW, thanks to everyone for their patience as I get used to the new job - some things are the same, but some are completely different. It has been a fun challenge.)

14. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's aline that started years ago and you are WAY back of the bus.

15. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, but I have a secret weapon that should impress her and improve my odds.

I can play "Sweet Home Alabama" with my armpits.

Top That! :)

16. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I can burp it. :p

17. Pasta and Samba

Jun 2, 2004
    aw shucks ... yeah .... :eek:

18. Pasta and Samba

Jun 2, 2004
    Dan Hunt fed Hitch on one of his goals ....

19. Pasta and Samba

Jun 2, 2004
    Just walking around the FCD office, you can notice a definite change in "mood" from the last couple of years (since moving to Southlake really). There is definitely a different mentallity present. And that will only get better as they experience some initial success at the gate early on.

Is there really a more important front office for MLS right now? I think not. FCD's success will clearly dictate how well they can attract investors and expand.

20. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep - I know I feel the energy that brought me in - that this is an important time in the history of the team, if not the league. And that is from the top all the way down to me, the low man on the totem pole.

MLS Cup really opened a lot of eyes, and now we're real hungry to do it again and again and again. Hitch has said a few times something along the line of - We are going to put ourselves in the spotlight, and we are going to succeed. Opening Day probably on national television? Working on USA-Guatemala and Mexico-Ghana? Interliga (may not seem like much, but it took an effort to get it at PHP - and we'd appreciate anyone who has the interest, time and financial ability to come out and support the effort - for all those who think that it is important to reach out to the Hispanic market, this is a big effort - to the point that Swifty has been brought into the mix)? And taking the shot at MLS Cup '06? Oh, and the "massive" club that Hitch mentioned at the supporters party?

We've set very high goals. Very high. That includes on the field. I wouldn't be anywhere else, frankly. It is going to be a lot of hard work, a big challenge, but if we pull it off, 2006 is going to be one hell of a year.

21. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [The Wolf] Let's not start ******* each other's ***** yet.[/The Wolf]

22. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty please, with sugar on top.

;)

All of that, of course, is assuming we work our butts off.

23. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Given that he played, does it mean that Pasta and Samba is back?
    Or is it simply an Inter Liga thing?