CL vs. Celtic [eventual R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Syncope, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Missing for sure are Deisler and Jeremies. As Texan mentioned in the Wolfsburg thread, Pizarro, Sagnol, Ballack, and Ze Roberto are questionable to highly questionable.

Ever more questionable :mad: is Elber's sale, who scored a beautiful goal against Auxerre. One more injury up front and we'll see Zickler on the pitch with crutches...

2. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Celtic have a lot of injuries as well. During their win at the weekend against Dundee quite a few of their players got injured.

3. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    I have a feeling we are going to lose this one which is going to be the catalyst for us being knocked out of the CL again :(

... hopefully we can get a good result on tuesday

I too still don't understand Elber's sale

4. bayernfan1

bayernfan1 New Member

Sep 14, 2003
    elber was sold because of the arrogance of our big mouthed general manager Uli hoeness. I hate this guy with a passion and can't wait till he leaves this wonderful club in 2006.

5. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Could you post names?

6. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    I think it’s good that there is little confidence going into the Celtic game. Last year everyone was talking about the best team ever, and I agreed with that. Overconfidence led to demise last year.
    What’s up with Demichelis? Is he fit?

7. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Hitzfeld doesn't include Demichelis into the rotation system in the defence. Nobody really understands that, but he relies on Linke, Kovac and Kuffour only.

8. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Ulrik Laursen and Paul Lambert are out. And Joos Valgaeren, Steve Guppy and Johan Mjalby are all questionable.

9. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    My source tells me Paul Lambert and defender Stephen Crainey are definetly out, with Joos Valagaeren, Johan Mjallby & Ulrik Laursen all doubtful. If all those players missed the game, Celtic's defense would be severely weakend.

10. Fkesoccer

Fkesoccer New Member

Jul 22, 2001
    My Prediction:

FCB 2 Celtic 0

Pizarro
    Makaay

11. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Scholl is now out 3 weeks with a torn hamstring. :(

12. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    We should just have a Bayern Injury-thread. It'll be the biggest, most successful thread on BS.com, ever.

13. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Another heart-stopper match. Lucky we were, considering all the chances missed (on both sides). I'll take the three points.

14. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    You were dead-on in the "My Bayern Dream" thread. If we are to go far in the CL this year, a commanding centerback is a must during the winter transfer window.

15. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    All I can say is
    Makaay's first goal: WOW!!!
    and his second: HUH??

haha I am so relieved, I thought Celtic were going to steal a win in Munich

Willy Sagnol played very well in my opinion

16. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    From kicker:

Kahn 4.5 – Sagnol 2.5, Kovac 3, Linke 3, Lizarazu 4 – Salihamidzic 5, Hargreaves 3.5, Ballack 3, Ze Roberto 4 – Makaay 2, Pizarro 4.5

Hedman 4 – McNamara 3.5, Balde 3, Varga 3 – Agathe 3.5, Petrov 3.5, Sutton 4, Lennon 3, Thompson 3 – Hartson 4.5, Larsson 4

Chances: 9-3
    Ref: 2
    Game Rating: 3 (where have they been in the first half? ;))
    Player of the Game: Roy Makaay

17. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    God, Salihamidzic played bad.:( But importantly, we won.:)

18. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    I’d like to see Demichelis before signing anyone else