CL: Roma - Bayer Leverkusen (November 4th, 2015) [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    If we win we'll have a good chance to go to the next round.

2. Veselin10

Veselin10 Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    #2 Veselin10, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    We have to win and i believe we will

Is De Rossi fit to start ?

3. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Obviously we have to win this and then hope that BATE either beat or draw with Bayer in that game. That would mean not needing anything vs Barca and leave us with the opportunity to qualify vs BATE at home. Regardless of what happens in this match if Bayer beat BATE they'll have the chance to go thru at home to an already qualified top of the group Barca. Unless of course we beat Barca!

4. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I am indifferent. If we win well and good, if we lose it is probably for the best to just concentrate on Serie A.

Shen-O and Totti=GOAT repped this.
  5. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I hope it's just as entertaining as the last match, i usually root for German clubs against Italian but in this case i hope you please your home fans and grab the win :D

ASRomaUSA, Oban14, wm72 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Quantum

Quantum Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Predictions? 5-5 or 6-6?

7. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    10-9 Roma

Bank on it

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  8. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Keita is back! Let the snooz games begin:sleep:

9. Veselin10

Veselin10 Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    It's good to play him when we are up 1 or 2 goals to put the other team to sleep, but also he is good at shielding the defense and holding the ball something that Ninja and Florenzi are not, but there is a negative side that he is slowing down our attacks too.With De Rossi and Strootman out we can't be that picky

shiboboo, wm72, GamE_Ove12 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  11. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    A zczesny has been making some serious errors, De Sanctis is ready to take back his starting spot. [CorSport]

12. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  13. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Still infinitely better than having to play Florenzi in midfield again.

Salmeen10 repped this.
  14. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Scoring the first goal will be crucial, when we score the first goal we usually win.

If we let them score first our morale will break only to make a return on the 75th minute which is usually too late.

Keep an attacking formation, get Keita in when we are up by two goals :ROFLMAO:

15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope the Florenzi in MF trial is over. By far his worst games have been in the MF and his best games at RB.

16. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    As RB there has been mixed results. He was horrible as RB against BATE, deer in headlights. His best rule is a winger in 433 or 442.

17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His best game, even excluding the goal, was vs Barca at RB. He was also damn good vs Fiorentina and Juve.

18. Quantum

Quantum Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Flo probably just needs some rest. I think he's played in almost all our matches.

19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree but he'll probably have to play at RB vs BL. I can't imagine Maicon can go this game.

God help us if it's Toro at RB. If it is I imagine Rudi has given up on the CL and has chosen to focus on the league.

20. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they worked on corners. If it doesn't bounce of DDR's knee, we aren't scoring on corners.

Shen-O repped this.
  22. Veselin10

Veselin10 Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    In the last 4-5 games the delivery in the box from set pieces was great. I think problem isn't training corners,crosses or free kicks. We have 3 players good in the air - Manalos, Rudiger and Dzeko. The rest are either not good or too short. I think it was De Rossi who made a joke after the game against Empoli, that he was surprised that we scored from corner, because we were playing with the 7 dwarfs.

wm72 repped this.
  23. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We didn't score but corners have been much much better recently. Manolas and Rudiger had very open headers where the play and delivery were perfect but they just missed the headers. Also seems from memory that we had 2 more chances the actual play created but we didn't finish.

Not that you depend too much on corners but it's not new to see Manolas battling like a warrior to get onto the cross but heading it off target. Rudiger is now doing the same.

Hope it's the kind of thing that eventually evens out since adding a few goals from defenders on corners could have already meant an extra 6 points or so. Even more important since Gervinho and Salah get to the end line and win so many corners.

shiboboo and Oban14 repped this.
  24. Shen-O

Shen-O Guest

At this professional level you have to tell players to stay back and work on finishing? Every attacker should be voluntarily staying after practice trying to better their finishing, especially when they convert 1/8 chances...weak mentality

25. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Better to get out of this competition already. Garcia is way out of his league and doesn't have the balls to drop certain players. Usually it would be good to leave the CL at this stage, so we can concentrate on Serie A, but we are pretty rubbish in that aswell, so........