CL on espn2

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by SLO-Gunner, Oct 8, 2003.

1. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    It appears as if the clowns over at espn2 have chosen to show the Real-Partizan match as their matchday #3 feature. Didn't someone here mention a few weeks back that espn2 was going to become Realtv? Good call.

2. dbergkamp10du

dbergkamp10du New Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Tennessee USA
    It's probably just a plan to enlarge Beck's image in America, like he tried to do at the MTV Awards in the early summer of this year.

On another note, I was reading about this so called "England Strike", and it mentioned something about the "disgraceful behavior of Chelsea FC players on 9/11." It got me interested, but I looked and I couldn't find anything about it. Anyone know what it was talking about?

3. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Yeah, apparently 4 of them (including John Terry and Jody Morris) were drunk out of their minds at a Heathrow bar laughing at the 9/11 images shown on TV.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Better than nothing.

I know it's not the Gunners, but it's better than nothing. USA is so anti-soccer, I will take any footie I can get.

When is the Real match on? I love Zidane and Figo.

5. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Arsenal v. Inter now "tentative"

The Match Day 5 match vs. Inter, scheduled to be on ESPN2, is now listed as "tentative," according to soccertv.com.

No conspiracy theory or anything - other matches are listed as tentative, too. Just wanted to point it out.

6. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    just goes to show that ESPN thinks that everyone in the states is a becks fan and are caught up in his hype... i mean, i truly enjoy all those players on REAL but i dont want to be forced fed all their champions league games.. sheesh... id rather see nearly any other match... NO MANYOO OR REAL ON ESPN I SAY!!! there actually ARE other clubs out there espn!!! and im still perplexed as to why direct tv shows us ENGLAND/LIECHENSTEIN/MACEDONIA/SOUTH AFRICA ect, and the biggest match of all isn't shown... there just isn't any justice man...

7. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Most likely because the bastards at Setanta know that with this game, people are almost certain to get up and go to a pub to watch the match and thus pay a $20 cover each whereas 1.) a number of people would congregate at a residence and 2.) they'd have to split the revenue with the cable/satellite provider with PPV.

8. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The only dates Arsenal was scheduled to be on was match day 1 and 5. They are still schedule for matchay 5 but thats a month off, they may change it.

9. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    C'mon SLO~~ im not thinking rationally!! let me rant at those setanta bastards!!! and throw ESPN into that mix as well... f em~~

didnt federov look odd in a ducks sweater last nite?

hehe

phishy

10. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    setanta.....well I just can't find any good words to describe them.

11. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    ....and taking the piss out of American tourists as they were watching.

12. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    why would you post that "parlour"? to infuritate americans? seems to be something that you could of left to yourself mate~