CL MD3: Bruges - BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Nov 4, 2020.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    Meunier Akanji Delaney Guerreiro
    Dahoud Witsel
    Hazard Brandt Reyna
    Haaland

Lazio only got a draw against Zenit which keeps the top 3 close together. We need at least a point from this game.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    After 10 minutes there have already been two shaky scenes for our defense. We seem to struggle with high crosses into our penalty area at the moment.

And now Hazard scores.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Haaland 2:0.

4. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    If we were playing a decent team, we'd be down 3-1. The defense is terrible today.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, playing like that against Bayern will be another tennis match result for us.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    3:0 Haaland.

7. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Basically Haaland equals wins versus medium quality or lower teams. We'd need defense also, if we want to beat better teams. Not sure where that is coming if DAZ doesn't get healthy and appear much improved from when we last saw him...

8. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Also, Dahoud's ball to Meunier to set up the 3rd goal was nice. But good teams wouldn't give him to stand there and look around in such a dangerous position.

9. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Well, they sort of settled down but mostly were against a team lacking punch. It was a good and sleepy game to be as rested as possible for Bayern.

10. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A boring and slow-paced final hour. To be honest, I really welcomed that in the middle of the stress over here in the US haha.

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    A great and professional win with 3/4 best playes rested. It was draining and we go top of the group. A perfect week. It was nice to see Witsel go to centre back.

Only thing I will add is that though Reyna is a great talent he needs to spend some time on the bench. He is struggling a bit.

Now for the huge game against Bayern. I hope Favre understands this is not a MUST NOT LOSE match, but a MUST WIN.

astrophyz repped this.
  12. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see Witsel at center back coming (and the lineup formations had Delaney back there), but it was a great solution to the lack of available bodies. I thought Dahoud and Haaland would be brought off earlier, but I don't think they had to work too hard in the second half.