CL Matchday # 4:Dynamo Kiev v. Real Madrid (11.03.04) [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by La China Poblana, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is right. If we beats Leverkusen, neither Leverkusen cannot overtake Real Madrid in points. They can only be equal in points. We then assumed Kiev beats Roma.

On the last matches, if Leverkusen beats Kiev, Real Madrid will qualify because RM had a better head-to-head result against Kiev. If Kiev beats or draws Leverkusen, Leverkusen then cannot overtake Real Madrid in points, regardless of the Roma-RM match.

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Canada
    Re: Dyanmo Kyiv v Real Madrid webstream

Juve vs Bayern Mun. Boring as heck. Thank goodness you posted the video link.

Here comes the stream of consciousness...Madrid should have won this. Many opportunities in the 2nd half to go up 3-2. Very impressed by Ronnie's work ethic and passing. Owen was invisible for most of the match but then again, so was Zizou. Not sure why some people are so pro-Guti because I don't think he did much other than a few back heel passes - methinks Real benefits more from Becks' dead ball skills and passing. Figo was amazing again. I can't wait to see the proposed formation where Becks will play behind him on the right. The fouls on Raul scared the bejeezus out of me since he's finding his form again. Felt bad for Morientes coming in so late. I would have thought for sure he would have subbed in for Owen instead of Celades. Also too bad that Solari didn't have much playing time but Figo was phenomenal and subbing him off early would have been a bad idea.

Defensively, Helguerra was great. RC needs to learn how to aim instead of just blasting the ball. Can't comment too much on Michel but was effective running up the right flank on the attack. Pavon's still a toss-up - some good robs but just as many risky mistakes (he commits far too early and is left in a poor position). Why not start Meija or another CB in the next league game? [R Bravo sux]

Casillas = MOTM. I would sign him up longterm and have a buyout clause similar to that of Raul.

3. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will need to run up the goals in one of the next two games for insurance in the group table.

4. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The direct quote from the Marca write-up on the match was Guti sensacional.

Hmmm.

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:eek: they didnt show this in germany?

btw, are you an ex-pat or just working in germany? what city? and how is it?

6. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

I saw this game in the States :D . It was in Spanish though.

-N1

7. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston

I thought Guti played very well, like I said in my post-game post. He did a good job of quickly moving the ball from Figo to Zidane and back to Pavon/Helguera, never really got caught in posession, bogged down the middle defensively so that Zidane didn't have to work as hard defensively, and drew a few fouls without commiting many. I think Guti, like Solari, is one of those players that are vastly underrated by everyone except Real Madrid fans. I think that if Beckham were just another player, and not super-metrosexual-pop-star-expensivePerezSigning, that Guti would have a very good chance to start over him in the midfield. I'd like to see Figo---Guti---Zidane---Raul, but we'll see if GRemon agrees.

8. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

how cool, do you want some rep? :rolleyes:

9. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    This is a damn shame....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and he ONLY got a yellow card! :eek: I wonder what the hell he had to do extra to earn a red. Just awful!

10. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Ugh.. No seing how your rep is worthless. Id give you some but I think I have to spread it around. :D .

-N1

11. ilferrari

ilferrari New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Apparently Ramelow was booked aswell! I hope UEFA hit Totti hard for this.

12. ilferrari

ilferrari New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    To me Guti was good again, I didn't know he could steal the ball and hit killer passes like that. Ronaldo is not in the best of form, again he received the ball several times and lost it. Zidane was good but he needs to come looking for the ball more.

13. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am an American & live in Heidelberg. German is a great place to live. German premium cable showed the game, but I don't subscribe. I have Sky Digital, a satellite service, which is supposed to let you choose the Champions League game you want to watch, but that feature doen't work for me.

14. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Real fight back to draw 2-2 in Kiev

KIEV, Nov 3 (Reuters) - Real Madrid fought back from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Dynamo Kiev in their Champions League match on Wednesday, leaving Group B wide open with two rounds remaining.

Nigerian midfielder Ayila Yussuf, who turns 20 on Thursday, gave himself a birthday present with his first Champions League goal, firing home in the 13th minute after his shot deflected off Michael Owen and wrong-footed Real keeper Iker Casillas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-championskiev&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Kiev 2, Madrid 2 as Champions League Group B stays wide open

KIEV, Ukraine (AP) - Real Madrid came back from two goals down to salvage a 2-2 draw against Dynamo Kiev in their Champions League match Wednesday, leaving Group B wide open with two matches remaining.

Bayer Leverkusen tied AS Roma 1-1 in the other game, meaning Kiev, Madrid and Leverkusen have seven points each and are separated by goal difference at the top of the fiercely competitive group.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3133910

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Canada

First off, I have to admit that I do have a slight bias as I'm a fan of the English Spice Boy. He may have limited skills but they're pretty good ones to have.

However, Marca is a tabloid and cantera players are generally favoured sons, so I take everything I read with a grain of salt.

I mean, the press is ready to turn on others (w/ the exception of Zizou) for a sub-par performance at the drop of the hat. Despite up and moving to another country + club, Owen was flogged for his initial few performances right away whereas Raul had been slumping for much longer but recieved far less criticism. I don't think I've read anything bad written about Guti and I highly doubt it's because he's never played a poor game.

Then again, someone else in this thread mentioned something about 'steals' and 'killer passes', so maybe I just wasn't watching carefully enough and missed a fine game by the Spanish Spice Boy.

P.S. Waiting for my customized jersey - thanks for the suggestion!

16. Gonzalo

Gonzalo New Member

May 15, 2000
    London (UK)

17. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    guti MUST start when beckhams fit. he is getting good at this new role, and i like him playing there. we shouldnt put beckham in just because he sells shirts and has a more famous wife!

18. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Beckham should play on the Right Wing, Figo should move to the Let, and Zidane should play right behind Raul and Ronaldo.

-N1

19. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia

Raul did receive criticism, but there weren't any real competitors for the striker position last year with Morientes at Monaco. And how do you drop a professional and inspirational player like Raul. The work he does, even if he doesn't score, makes him one of the most important players. And i thought everyone would've realized that by now. Raul is too good a player to simply be judged on how many goals he's scored.

And when you compare Owen's flogging to Raul's, don't forget that Owen himself didn't have good seasons at Liverpool for the last couple of years, and there seemed to be no reason why Madrid should sign another striker whose form should be in doubt. I know he's playing well now, but those who criticized his signing and performances early on had every right to do so.

20. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US

Thats the whole reason Owen was glad to come to RM, if anyone saw him score any goals for Liverpool in the past few years, you could really see the fire was gone in him. His celebration just everything was gone, it was rather sad, but as he said he was just too comfortable and maybe bored with just being at the club.

21. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Totti really is a skilled player, but hes such a little prick. I dont like Rooney much but it be great to see roma play united, im sure something would happen eventually.