CL Matchday # 4:Dynamo Kiev v. Real Madrid (11.03.04) [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by La China Poblana, Nov 1, 2004.

1. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
  2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    In return, we get Figo back. The players that are going to Kiev:

I really don't have a good feeling about this game, we'll probably get even more shots against us than against Getafe, only with better strikers doing the shooting. :(

3. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Hopefully we get something out of this match -- a win would put us tied with Bayer for the group lead, a draw would leave us in third, level with Kiev on points but behind in goal differential. The best thing that could happen is that we win and Roma beat Bayer (and that might happen, considering we can beat Kiev if we play close to how well we can, and Roma are coming off of an impressive 5-1 victory over the weekend). I think we'll see...
    --------------Casillas
    Salgado--Helguera---RBravo----RCarlos
    Figo---------Guti-----Zidane-----Raul
    -----------Owen-----Ronaldo

With Morientes and Solari coming off of the bench for sure, and maybe Mejia or Celades, depending on the score. Hopefully, again, Ronaldo and Owen score, and it would be nice for Raul to try and get going once again with a goal or assist or something. Tuesday's the election also, don't forget to vote (if you fall into that category)!

4. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think the best thing that can happen is if Leverkusen win their remaining games against Kiev and Roma.

Being number one or number two doesn't really matter much in the CL (you'll get good competition anyhow) and it's better if we end up fighting for the 2nd spot with Kiev than with Leverkusen, who we most likely won't be able to top if we end up with the same amount of points (3-0, hard to beat) A draw away at Kiev would be a great result, because that would mean we would be ahead of them if we end up with the same amount of points.

Of course if Madrid do what they should be doing in the first place, win their games, then there's no need to do the math mumbo jumbo.

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    This is likely to be a really difficult game... Anybody know how the weather is in Kiev these days? i wonder what condition the pitch is going to be in. A draw would be a decent result, but I know there's no way Real is going to play for a draw - i don't think they would be able to even if they wanted to.

Yes, please, I'm a little hung over and all these numbers are making my head hurt.

7. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dyanmo Kyiv v Real Madrid webstream

even though i act like i hate you guys, i want to let you know that i really do, but i am nice :p

mms://media.brturbo.com/scc.wmv

i'll find some more tomorrow.

8. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i think almost evryone is agreed on majia.
    As Gerry Armstrong always says (real madrid commentator on skysports in the UK) Pavon and Raul Bravo both make the same mistake, they get to close to the striker, go for balls they cant win. this means that the striker easily feels the defender and rolls him, resulting in a free-kick or even worse a chance on goal. Being a cb myself (if only for a semi-pro club) their mistakes are abvious, and i cant believe they aint been fixed

mejia has my vote all day long!

9. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I also think Mejia should play instead of RBravo, although I wasn't as dissapointed by RBravo as I was by Pavon, and I think that RBravo could eventually be a solid defender (he's strong and fast, and good with his feet, but just doesn't quite know what he's doing when he needs to be marking, tackling, winning balls in the air, etc.) Personally, I still think Guti and Zidane in the middle without a DMid is risky, but their offense they can create is more of a threat than Celades-Zidane is safe, I think. If/when/(PLEASE PEREZ PLEASE!!) we get Mascherano, and if he isn't a total disaster and plays something like a quality defensive mid, I'd like to see him in there behind Zidane, with Zidane pushed up closer to Ronnie and Owen, like where Ronaldinho or Totti play (in the "hole" behind the strikers.)

10. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    http://uk.weather.yahoo.com/UPXX/UPXX0016/index_c.html

Don't have a good feeling bout this one :(.

A draw will be good. Because CL doesn't look about goal differences but the results between 2 teams. We won them at Bernabeu, so a draw could be vital.

Figo is back, very good news. He is the second at assisting goals in CL.

11. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    It says that it's about 48 degrees F (9 C), with a daily low of just above freezing. While obviously it is much, much colder than in Madrid, it isn't going to be absolutely unbearably freezing. The pitch will be harder, player's feet and shoes will be a little stiffer (unless they wear plastic bags over their feet, like we do!), and unless they are in motion the whole time (Solari, Raul, Owen, NOT Casillas, Ronaldo, etc.) they will be a little stiff and hesitant when the ball comes to them. Also, trapping balls on exposed skin (thighs, for instance) might sting a little bit. However, again, it won't be that cold, so I think Real will be able to play their game, and force the issue. A key will be getting an early goal, I think the longer the game goes scoreless in Kiev they have the advantage. Will be intersting to see what happens.

12. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is VERY good news.

13. pepster

pepster New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    i hope, but one never knows now with these galacticos....

14. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Fighting talk as Dynamo Kiev prepare for Real re-match

KIEV, Nov 2 (Reuters) - Dynamo Kiev are looking to settle a score with Real Madrid when they take on the Spanish giants in Wednesday's Group B game in the Champions League.

Beaten 1-0 by Real at the Bernabeu last month, Kiev are fighting to emerge from the tightest of the eight groups, with the Ukrainians, Real and Bayer Leverkusen all on six points from three games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-championsdynamo_preview&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Dynamo, Real strive for place in Champions League kick-off phase

KIEV, Ukraine(AP) - Dynamo Kiev faces Real Madrid Wednesday knowing a win will likely secure it qualification for the knockout stages of the Champions League.

After losing at Madrid 1-0 two weeks ago, the Ukrainian champions "are not seeking revenge, they simply want to win and now feel it quite possible," said Serbian international Goran Gavrancic, uncertain for the match after suffering a heel injury in a recent Ukrainian league match.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3130172

15. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    Re: Fighting talk as Dynamo Kiev prepare for Real re-match

CASI INVENCIBLES EN CASA

Tras su buen partido en el Bernabéu, el Dinamo recupera a su goleador Verpakovskis y sólo con eso crecen sus posibilidades. Pudo descansar en los últimos días con victorias cómodas ante el Metallurg Zaporzhiya en Liga y el Volyn Lutsk en Copa y se la juega con todas sus cartas ante el Real Madrid.

1 Shovkovsky

Puesto:portero
    Partidos Europa: 75
    En su gran partido en el Bernabéu demostró todo su nivel. Por eso ha sido indiscutible en el Dinamo en las últimas once temporadas. Ya dejó atrás un problema de lesión, y ahora pasa uno de los mejores momentos de su carrera y da poca opción al suplente Reva. A sus 29 años, todavía está en un momento dulce como para ser aprovechado por un grande de Europa. Salió de la cantera del Dinamo y debutó con el primer equipo con 18 años.

17 Ghioane

Puesto: Lateral derecho
    Partidos Europa: 30
    Ofensivo y vertical, ya vimos en Madrid su intención constante de subir al ataque. El Madrid tiene que aprovechar que juega adelantado, ya que le cuesta recuperar la posición.

32 Gavrancic

Puesto: Defensa central
    Partidos Europa: 31
    Duda hasta última hora. El mejor central del equipo. Excelente en el juego aéreo y peligroso a balón parado, aún tiene en mente Casillas el remate de cabeza que le sacó en el Bernabéu.

4 Rodolfo

Partidos Europa: 4
    Brasileño de mucha fuerza pero menos técnica que Gavrancic, acaba de llegar al Dinamo y ya fue titular en el centro de la defensa en el Bernabéu y en Kiev ante el Bayer Leverkusen.

13 Sablic

Partidos Europa: 23
    Titular habitual y buen cabeceador, puede ser mediocentro pero se desempeña mejor como central. A Sabo le funciona bien y por eso le dio un puesto en el Bernabéu.

30 El Kaddouri

Puesto: Lateral izquierdo
    Partidos Europa: 8
    Zurdo, lateral izquierdo en el Bernabéu, suele jugar en la banda aunque prefi ere ser central. Pelea por el puesto con Nesmachny pero tiene más opciones por su mayor velocidad.

20 Husyev

Puesto: Centrocampista
    Partidos Europa: 14
    Es una de las jóvenes promesas con más futuro del fútbol ucranio. Fue titular ante la Roma. Tiene mucha movilidad y normalmente juega por detrás de los puntas.

37 Yussuf

Partidos Europa: 3
    Pieza clave en este Dinamo por su capacidad para marcar al hombre más creativo del rival: anuló a Totti en Roma y a Robson Ponte ante el Bayer para luego fracasar en el Bernabéu.

7 Leko

Partidos Europa: 21
    El gran comodín del Dinamo. Pretendido por el Arsenal por su dinamismo, diestro, puede jugar por delante de la defensa o mucho más adelantado, y siempre rinde.

11 Peev

Partidos Europa: 22
    Volante derecho búlgaro, explotó hace tres temporadas pero no ha mantenido el nivel. Será difícil que actúe esta noche. Puede jugar en la banda izquierda aunque sin solvencia.

10 Cernat

Partidos Europa: 25
    Recambio principal de Sabo en el banquillo por su buena zurda, se mueve muy bien cerca del área rival, tiene un buen disparo y es muy preciso en las jugadas a balón parado.

23 Verpakovskis

Puesto: Delantero
    Partidos Europa: 19
    La gran perla del Dinamo. Se perdió por sanción el partido del Bernabéu y es la esperanza goleadora de un equipo al que faltó puntería en Madrid para ganar. Rápido y eléctrico, fenomenal con espacios y muy peligroso a la contra.

15 Rincón

Partidos Europa: 19
    Hace un mes y medio vivía un momento dulce pero bajó algo su nivel. Brasileño de excelente regate y visión de juego, se mueve con libertad y explotó en el Dinamo nada más llegar muy joven del Internacional de Portoalegre. Campeón del mundo Sub-17 en 1997 con Brasil, en aquella selección que triunfó en Egipto coincidió con el barcelonista Ronaldinho.

16 Shatskykh

Partidos Europa: 47
    Nueve de área capaz de moverse también como segundo punta, lleva demasiado tiempo lejos de sus cifras goleadoras de su primera temporada en el Dinamo. Internacional por Uzbekistán, se le colgó el cartel de heredero en el Dinamo de Andrei Shevchenko y eso le perjudicó. Aun así marcó 32 goles en las dos últimas temporadas.

9 Kleber

Partidos Europa: 4
    Buena técnica con el balón, se mueve como segundo delantero y trabaja bastante en el centro del campo.Falló demasiado en el remate ante el Real Madrid en el Bernabéu. Buena pierna derecha y campeón del mundo Sub-20, llegó del Sao Paulo a principio de temporada y le falta capacidad goleadora para llegar a un grande de Europa.

16. The Real odyssey continues........Kiev is a treacherous place with its low temperatures and a good kiev side will be a handful... but I believe if Real could keep possession and use their considerable experience then a point or even three are possible!

however, the absence of samuel and beckham is a real worry to me, and on the basis of what I saw in the first leg, I'm a little scared of kiev and they are playing at home remember?

this will be the time for the Real stars to rise up to the challenge,the progression to the next stage is firmly in their hands,we need all the points...go get them!

17. kraayzizou

kraayzizou New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    St. Louis
    I think the best we can do as fans is just hope to get a fair result. Obviously if we play to our full potential, we'll win. Playing away versus Kiev is never an easy task, but if ever there is a time to make a statement, this is it. I, too, agree that we should go with Mejia, but hey, not our call...

I'll be tuning in though, let's keep the faith merengues!!! :D

18. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Re: Dyanmo Kyiv v Real Madrid webstream

thanks for the link - the video keeps freezing though. is that because there's too many people on the link? (i've got a cable modem so i don't think it's my computer).

edit: uh-oh. el mundo has Pavon in the starting lineup. :(

19. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Re: Dyanmo Kyiv v Real Madrid webstream

Soccernet's starting lineup:

Iker Casillas 1
    Roberto Carlos 3
    Francisco Pavon 22
    Michel Salgado 2
    Luis Figo 10
    Jose Maria Guti 14
    Ivan Helguera 6
    Zinedine Zidane 5
    Michael Owen 11
    Gonzalez Raul 7
    Luiz Ronaldo 9

Substitutes
    Sanchez Cesar 13
    Fernandez Borja 4
    Raul Bravo 15
    Alvaro Arbeloa 27
    Albert Celades 20
    Santiago Solari 21
    Fernando Morientes 8

Mejia doesn't even make the bench, and Pavon starts!? Come on Garcia Remon, what are you watching? Hopefully Real score a few goals and then Pavon gives up an awful penalty, so we win and get the three points and Garcia Remon realizes that a small dog would do better than Pavon!

20. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    UEFA.com MatchCentre are reporting the following lineup for Madrid:

Casillas

Salgado--------Pavon :rolleyes: --------Helguera--------R.Carlos

Figo--------Guti--------Zidane

Raul--------Owen

Ronaldo​

Bench:
    Cesar
    Borja
    Morientes
    R.Bravo
    Celades
    Solari
    Arbeloa

Don't know why Mejia didn't travel w/ the team. Seems Remon has lost confidence in him for whatever reason. This formation seems rather strange.....at least from the way the team has been starting recently. :confused:

21. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Interesting lineup. Obviously, Pavon sucks, but I am also wondering why he put Guti in the middle and Zizou on the left, considering Zidane is much more dangerous in teh middle, and Guti is a left footed player. I guess it's because Guti is better defensively, but still...

22. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Damn...Dynamo strikes first with a goal from Yussuf in th 13'

23. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Anyone want to guess which defender was involved in that goal?.......That's right Mr. Leg Lugning Pavon.... :rolleyes:

24. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    23' 2-0 to Dynamo on a goal from Verpakovskis......somone please take Pavon out! :mad:

25. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goooooooooooooooooool dynamo.

i love [brazilian] portuguese comentary!