(CL: Matchday 3) Girondins Bordeaux vs FC Bayern München[R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, Oct 19, 2009.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"Loddar" wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either. But he had "game instinct" that was second to none. I believe this is why "Loddar" was a great player, but can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

"Pig Mounter" doesn't have that. He has the hype that gets overblown whenever he delivers one of his "good" performances. He's much like Hitzlsperger.

Neither player has done much to deserve the "over-accolades" they get in the media whenever they do anything "good", but the media stands ready to over-hype these two whenever they get half a chance.

Shit man, I think "Pig Mounter" gets so much press about his girlfriend these days because he hardly ever does anything on the pitch to write about anymore......

I think all some people (not referring to EQ) choose to remember are the "performances" of his youth. It was much easier for him to "perform" then because others on the pitch demanded more attention.

Now that those guys aren't there anymore and he's been expected to step up and lead the way, he's been exposed.

2. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow, Kicker finally rates Tymoshchuk properly. Butt definitely should have gotten at least a 2,5 and Toni a 3,5. Kicker is rather enamored with Klose sometimes so this is no surprise.

Yup.

When I referenced intelligence I meant game intelligence, which partially has to do with the "game instinct" you mentioned later. Schweinsteiger very much lacks that. A lot of his performances for Bayern are hustle and bustle with some very amateurish mistakes in between.

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

4. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That says he's better in the center.

He can't adjust very well, that is the point.

For LvG, he did say what I stated before and very soon before Klinsi was fired. Whether something he would do or not is irrelevant considering he did do it. Kind of pissed me off at the time, but I understand why he did it when he actually became our coach.

As for Klinsmann, I agree with you. I also am willing to give LvG time, he's known to excell after a certain amount of time though I'm not very optimistic at this moment. It's pissing me off we think about switching coaches so much. With a new coach every season, the club has no identity. It's not a wonder the players can't all adapt as quickly as we want them to.

And I believe the embarrassing French team will play counter-attacking football like Juve at AA, and it makes sense as well. No point for them to attack, 1 point would be amazing in Munich for them. I'm guessing we will see more acting and hopefully they pick a proper f#cking ref to ref this match because I am seriously getting sick of us being on wrong side when the ref gives easy decisions to the other team. I'm not saying I want the ref to favor Bayern as I don't, I just want a capable ref that knows how to do his job. It's been frustrating, we would of won the title last season if it wasn't for the refs (could have would have bla bla bla).

5. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That said he's better than he was before in the center.

Well, he sucked donkey dick in the center before, so I guess now he's up to "doesn't suck all the time??"

So are you insuinating that he's a one-dimensional player??

That he only knows how to play one way??

Look man. I just told you it isn't something LvG would do. You seem to "know" he did it. I'd like to see what the proof is.

Sorry that I won't just take your word for it. I don't expect you to give me the proof either. You simply stated what you "know".

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to go searching for it myself. I've got a message left with a very good Dutch buddy of mine who seems to know every time LvG takes a shit, so I'll see what he has to say.

It would tell me that coaching isn't the problem. As some of us said so much before and after the coaching change, I think it is management who has lost it.

I think they are starting to make the same mistakes Dortmund did back in the day. That is, buying players because of their "names" instead of truly considering how they will fit into the team.

They seem to think "Big Names" automatically equals "Big Talent", which will add up to "Success". It isn't working for them so far.

They aren't signing guys who "fit" like they did in the old days with guys like Linke, Jeremies, Salihamidic, etc.

Perhaps they got frustrated after signing guys like Rau, Hashemian and Schlaudraff.

I don't agree. Almost nobody in CL football fears going to Munich anymore. Their getting one point would be "amazing" to someone like you who thinks anyone in CL football fears going to Munich anymore.

Bordeaux will play for three points. I have no doubt about it. They will want to stay ahead of Juve and try to put a nail into Bayern's CL coffin.

Laurent Blanc isn't your usual French coach either. He may not have been in England long, but it seems he caught something from SAF while he was there.

That's not saying Bordeaux is going to beat Bayern. No way. I learned long ago never to bet against a Bayern team with its back against the wall.

But do not make the mistake of thinking Bordeaux won't go for the jugular.

I think they are coming to Munich with every intention of fighting for three points, not just one.

The Bordeaux flopping was disgusting, but the two penalties were indeed penalties. I don't think Bordeaux will do as much flopping because they know they won't get the calls in Munich.

6. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FF1....

Thanks for posting the ratings. I think Toni was much better than a 4, even if they were reversed. I would dare say that he was one of our best 3 players on the day. Klose did nothing. Tymo is rated fairly... ahead of both Piggy and VanDumass.

Concerning MVB, I personally agree that "Bayern could have done better". I never liked the transfer to begin with, which is why I have limited patience likely for the man, but evenso... he was never even close to the equivalent of a Michael Ballack (the void we were trying to fill when he signed) and moreso he would berate more established players on the pitch, like Owen Hargreaves, who at the time was a better player than MVB.

His flipping off Madrid fans was certainly comedic but showed such a lack of class... I don't care who the player was, that is just classless.

What is the Dutch equivalent of the "Dueling Banjoes" track from Deliverance?? I feel like it should be playing right now... :rolleyes: :)

7. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know why you have trouble understanding the simplest thing here. For Bayern when he's played as a roaming CM, he's been better than any other position he's ever played before in his career. How big that difference is you can try to argue all day when at the end he's still better in this position and any additional bs you can put will be nothing than bs because it still doesn't change this fact.
    Few players can switch from one position to another and be great easily, Schweini is easily no exception. Just ask Ribery, is he as good on the right as he is on the left?

As for LvG you can either belive me or not, I don't really care. I haven't even heard of him for years until he made that comment about Bayern.

I agree Bayern aren't buying the players that fit, also Van Gaal's players so far have all been flops and by the looks of it only Robben will make it here as a player. In this respect, he has been such a failure I'm not even confident of letting him pick any players for other transfer seasons.

I don't see how no one fears going to Bayern? :confused: There were only two teams that really went for it at Allianz Arena last season. Barcelona was one of them, but they are a team that goes at any team no matter where they are, so they don't even count as a proper example. Fiorentina is also the team that tried to attack Bayern and got destroyed 3-0. None of the other teams including Lyon went at it vs Bayern, not even Juve this season. So bar Barcelona and a team that got destroyed when they attacked at AA, I have no idea where you're getting the idea teams don't fear Bayern at home?!

As for them not getting calls in Munich, I'm not sure. It's not as if refs have favored us this or last season. :D

8. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Late post here but with FIFA 10 coming out here in the states been playing that a lot :p

Moving on to the game, I had to stop after the first half. It was the poorest first half I've seen this season and things weren't looking good. Glad I read the comments here instead of watching it. Let's see what comes out of this.