CL - Liverpool v. Atalanta - 3pm - Nov. 25 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by newterp, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #76 Red Bird, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    We never regained money after conceding it to Atalanta, never looked like scoring in a month of Sundays. Liverpool looked like a bunch of strangers who had been thrown together.

Hopefully that was a reality check— any slackening of standards will be punished.

2. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, and it makes me wonder what went on in training and whether Klopp realized that this was a game that could be lost without dire consequences.

3. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I doubt there's been too much training tbh. Games coming every three days plus the need for a recovery period doesn't leave much time for training.

4. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm sure they had some sessions using the starting lineup.

5. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I saw a Klopp interview the other days saying tactics stuff is mostly in a classroom type of setting due to lack of time .

6. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Klopp said: “When would we do extra work? We’re here or we’re playing. There’s no time for extra work.

“Thank God I have a pretty smart team, the work is in the meeting room. Not a lot on training pitch.

“There are so many games to play and we will try to be as spot on as we can in specific games. Different line-ups but we cannot change that.

“The boys have to adapt immediately. Interesting situation. It’s not all worked on the pitch because the schedule doesn’t give us that time.”

7. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I saw the first half live, then had to do morning stuff, saw the result- and didn't bother watching the second half. :(