CL Live PBP: Arsenal v. Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Ian Lozada, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note to dwinkler:

1. Veal Parm: 1W, 0D, 0L, +2 differential.

2. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    I'm really putting the cart before the horse here, but it's something that the guys on uefa.com just brought up.....

How cool would it be for Arsenal to play in the Final in Old Trafford? Especially after winning the league there last season. God, that would be great.

3. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't jinx it, boy.

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    BBC

5. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Apparently, this guy doesn't know anything about jinxes....

...mental note... Rapids fans are idiots!!!!

p.s. Why does Dennis "the menace" always have to score amazing goals???? He can never do the ugly one can he?? Well, our gain!

Here's hoping for Continental away form wins!

6. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Easy, tiger. It was just a thought. Besides, I'm sure I said something similar towards the end of last seasons EPL matches, and we all know what happened there.

7. Senor Askew

Senor Askew Member

Jan 19, 2001
    San Francisco, CA.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell yes.

I was one of those who thought he should be held back, but this is why Mr. Wenger is the manager and I'm not.

:)

Did Freddie still have the red streak? I'd do it to my hair if I thought there was a chance in hell anyone would get it but there's not so my loss. :(

8. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No red streak any more, but as long a sthe goals keep coming, we'll keep singing.

A good solid start to the CL campaign. I thought we were steady and unspectacular in the first half, but after the break we upped it a couple of gears and could have had more. Great the see Dennis get off the mark and to see Fred back in the team and among the goals. The lads at the back dealt with the giant Koller very well too.

9. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    Sorry I missed the PBP. I taped the Real-Roma match and watched it praying for that break into the action....."theres been a goal at Highbury". I like when the break comes and theres God swinging an 18 yard shot in to the corner. It makes it worth sitting through 60 minutes of boring Madrid football. And then to have the second break come showing an outstanding counter started by Wiltord and suddenly Ljungberg is putting it home and you didnt even know he was playing. Great result!

Freddie is sporting a "burr" hairstyle. No streak and about an eigth of an inch about his whole head. Looks like a coconut.

Funny how Ian lists Koller at 6'7" and Anderlecht listed him at 6'10" when they sold him. Reminds me of Charles Barkley, 6'8" my foot!

10. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    I'm not sure if someone has posted this somewhere else, but for those who weren't able to watch the game, there are about 2 1/2 minutes of highlights of the match at uefa.com in their Champs league/multimedia section. It basically shows a near goal by BVB, Henry's goal that was called back for offsides, and then Dennis and Freddy's goals.