CL Final Ratings?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by gosya, May 29, 2011.

1. gosya

gosya Member

Feb 6, 2001
    New York
    Any word in on TV ratings? Overnights, at least?

On the one hand, I hope the ratings do well. These are the most well-known clubs in the U.S., and it was on a broadcast channel. If they can't draw, hard to see any non-national-team matches doing well on U.S. English-language TV.

On the other hand, slightly conceerned that good raings will encourage Fox to continue its "dumbiing-down" approach to coverage.

Overall, I would still prefer higher ratings to lower:)

2. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I can't take the "dumbiing-down" coverage, I honestly can't listen to those morons without vomiting!

3. RfrancisR

RfrancisR Member+

Aug 7, 2006
    New Orleans Diaspora
    I understand this complaint, but this is only the second time this has been on broadcast TV. I am guessing Fox is treating it like a new event that a good portion of viewers have to be taught about. If it is successful for a few years, I am sure they'll start treating audiences like they know what's going on.

4. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah - look how long it took ESPN to take the game seriously.

5. tk421

tk421 Member

Aug 11, 2007
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this tweet it was 1.8:
    http://twitter.com/#!/ourand_SBJ

6. RfrancisR

RfrancisR Member+

Aug 7, 2006
    New Orleans Diaspora
    Yeh, just saw that. That doesn't include the Fox Deportes ratings. However, that will be over 2 million HH and somewhere around 2.5 - 2.7m viewers. Once you include Fox Deportes the total viewership will probably be around 3.1 to 3.3m viewers.

7. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    How does this compare to last year?

8. RfrancisR

RfrancisR Member+

Aug 7, 2006
    New Orleans Diaspora
    The rating on Fox was up 64% compared to last year which was a 1.1. I believe the combined viewership was about 2 million last year (with Deportes), so if it is around 3 million then that would be up by 50%. Still waiting on the Fox press release on this. The official numbers by Neilson won't be out until Friday.