CL Day 6 FC Porto x Besiktas

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by wtf_SCOLARI!!, Dec 10, 2007.

1. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooorto, Poooooooooooooooooooooorto

The Dragoes just need a point to advance but I predict a 3-1 win for the blue and whites, Lisandro, Tarik and Quaresma. (Providing Jes doesn't start Mariano)

2. Correia

Correia Member

Dec 5, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Here are the callups: Adriano, Bolatti, Bosingwa, Bruno Alves, Cech, Fucile, Hélder Postiga, Helton, João Paulo, Lisandro, Lucho González, Mariano, Nuno, Paulo Assunção, Pedro Emanuel, Quaresma, Raul Meireles and Tarik Sektioui.

I would be very worried if this game was being played in Istambul as opposed to Porto but at home I think we have a good chance of coming away with a win. I'm curious to hear what the Besiktas fans think of this match/their chances?

3. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I fear that if we only play for the point we might be in danger. We are at home and need to play as if our lives depends on the 3 points. Being at home does not guarantee anything even if we should win this one. Mariano hopefully does not start.

4. kruG

kruG New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Lisbon
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I demand a win! :)

5. UWIC

UWIC New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Hello gents.
    This game will be a hard hard game for both teams. we only have chance cos MUST win, if a draw would be good for us we definitely would loose. we cant defend but attack well. you might remmeber the game in Istanbul in my opinnion we played shit but still did not deserve to loose. this game will be differant we got nothing to loose and will attack with no fear.
    good luck:)

6. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
    Quaresma needs to play good today he has been very underestimated and this game will be crucial.

If Porto want to cash in on Quaresma then they have to finish in 1st in the group, if not

7. Correia

Correia Member

Dec 5, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    2-0 Porto!!!!!

45min - Lucho
    62min - Quaresma

8. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    lol Quaresma almost scored a header before he got his goal, I've never seen him head on goal EVER... would've been funny

9. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looks like Porto will win the group...good job boys.

10. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If nothing CRAZY happens in the last 2 minutes+ injury time, were thru on top of group A!:)

Now bring on Celtic/Olympiacos or maybe even Roma!!

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Congrats on winning the game and the group. Avoided a lot of strong teams for the next round.

12. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Strong feeling we're gonna get either Schalke (Porto revisit the arena where they were crown european champions 2004) or Celtic (replay of the 2003 Uefa cup final). Maybe even Olympiacos.

13. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    I missed the game cuz of work, can anyone give a summary of the game and maybe even some ratings on the players?Thanks.

14. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Lisandro's goal wrongly ruled offside, I mean come on this guy is the best player i've ever seen at staying onsides. ridiculous refs.