City open talks with Milan over Kaka transfer

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by 51BLU, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    i think that's the heart of the issue.when you buy probally the best player in the world but pay such an over the top price every tom dick and harry will turn up spouting their opinions, and the thread's title is a little misleading as anyone with half a brain knows you won't just be buying Kaka.but that is going to come with the territory. your club is never going to be the same again i'm afraid. maybe it's jealousy but i don't think i would want what you have for west ham. exciting times ahead for your long term supporters for sure but your going to attract some complete bell ends as supporters and detractors.i'm not sure i would continue to fork out £600 a year to watch someone on 500 grand a week either. like i say it could be the green eyed monster talking so good luck and enjoy your football.

2. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I agree with you our club is never going to be the same; from moment to moment nothing is ever exactly the same. You are a slightly different person having merely written your response just now. I think as supporters, barring atrocity, we are willing to accommodate change, be it in the form of high-profile players, extreme media scrutiny, or general high expectations. We are one of the most cautious and embittered sort in the world of football and have a tendency to take everything with extreme apprehension. I think we will be able to move on and acclimate, for however long this lasts.

That said, the point of my post was the continuing task taken on by all of the regulars of this board of furthering the discourse, rather than repeating it endlessly. Quite enough said about that.

3. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    yes good points, as football is getting the have and have nots it's was going to take a guy like your new owner to come in for any other club to compete with the big 2,3 or 4. but my fear is you have to go the right way about it to acheive ther success.
    man city has always been a club that plays football in the right way on the pitch, most other teams supporters had a soft spot for them from the days gone by (much like west ham till the tevez debarcle).
    i just feel this could go the wrong way, yes you should buy as many great players as you can, but by paying 100 million for one you will set your stall out. you could end up with a steady turnover of the worlds top talent, signing on for outrageous fees, getting their share for a year and then asking for a transfer.
    or it could all work out perfectly for you and i suppose theres only one way to find out.

4. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. DetroitTFC

DetroitTFC BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'd say that'd just be a wind-up.

As if Hughes would give credence to the rumours if they weren't true.

7. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    this is nothing new. we all know that Kaka is reluctant to join city. we all know that he doesn't want to leave. however, this is not finalized yet. Kaka is upset that AC Milan allowed the negotiation, which gave him the impression that they are willing to sell.

again, it's too much money to turn down. however, the fact that kaka played yesterday shows that maybe AC Milan won't sell him, otherwise why risk the possibility of an injury?

i just want to find out and get it over with.

8. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...till-million-miles-away-admit-manchester-city

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24928108-23210,00.html

Hughes is contradicting his previous statement that he was confident. looks like there's some pushbacks that we don't know about

i previously stated that the deal was 75% done. After reading these articles, I will slide back to say it's a 40/60 split in favor of Kaka staying at AC Milan.

What I am sick of is the likes of Torres and Furgie putting in their stupid 2 cents. They just don't want to see City getting stronger. Keep their mouth shut and mind their own business is what I am saying.

9. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  10. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Until I got to goal.com and see OFFICIAL in any stories involving Kaka I'm going to just ignore all the Kaka talk. This has gotten downright ridiculous.

11. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004
    btw, this is garbage.

Tottenham's problem has been shit ownership and undercutting their progress on a regular basis by a need to tinker with the squad. Right when the squad looked on the verge of becoming a member of the Big 4 they sold their midfield engine to United and failed to properly replace Davids. Since Carrick and David's departure they've been utter crap in the centre of midfield and their whole team has suffered. Jenas / Zokora haven't been a CM pairing worthy of a top half finish, let alone a CL qualification challenge.

Point is, you can make a pretty tolerable argument that Tottenham were pretty much there with the top 4 in the 2005/2006 season, as barring the health issues they were hit with they likely would have been into the CL proper.

12. phishnchipz

phishnchipz Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Manchester City, my assumption is CORRECT because any well that isn't bottomless, no matter how deep it may seem, should be used with consideration.

And like we've seen with Chelsea, the money isn't always necessarily going to keep flowing in outrageous amounts, so better to spend it wisely from the beginning.

AC Milan should take the deal by any means because then they could do what I mentioned previously, that is completely refurbish their aging squad.

You can't compare this to Tottenham who basically bought Zokora on the basis of one tournament. Milan know better than that.

13. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Umm, I am not entirely sure how your response proves your point. I said your assumption was faulty in that there has been no indication to date that we will not sign other players. I said nothing of effecient use of resources nor returns on investments, merely that spending this amount on Kaka does not mean we will not spend more (hence the Bridge signing, as well as potentially purchasing de Jong, among others). You are using a different argument for a different point, of which is not lost on me, as I am an development economist, and have studied allocation and use of varying forms of resources for most my adult life.

14. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what concerns me. Especially in this time of economic hardship, you can never take you wealth for granted. Maybe I'm a bit too concerned, but you just never know.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    btw, this is garbage. Spurs didn't make the top four now did they. Saying they'd have made it if they were healthy is bullshit as Arsenal had their fair share of injuries throughout that season.

16. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    aaagh! this tension is killing me. will he, wont he, how much. havent been this tense about a transfer since the manutd/barcelona standoff for ronaldinho, hope we get to see another of the worlds greats in the epl soon. i think we will know in the next couple of days at the most, the most recent reports are that his dad and gary cook have finnished their meeting in milan, kaka has waved to some fans and waved a milan shirt around a bit, and thats where it is at. galliani is preparing fans for the worst and getting excuses in about how great this milan administration has been since its arrival, berlusconi is saying that he cant keep kaka now withou totally disrupting his squad and pay structure, kaka cant talk as he is blubbing too hard, and bosco lite , sorry, leite, (sounds like a soft drink) is busy with a calculator i guess.

i guess now that we have taken shevs and if we can get kaks we can start to call milan the epl feeder club.

17. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
  18. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I heard about the whole Kaka beating his chest with a Milan shirt in hand story earlier. Now that. I doubt that BBC would publish a story that's not true, so could this be it? Is it over?

19. b1gs341

b1gs341 New Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Kaka is an absolute legend

Just shows that some people don't only care about money. I can't wait till he gets his chance to be captain of one of the most historic clubs in football. He's truly earned it.

20. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kaka bleeds Milan and this is a great day for football in general.

Proves that honor is still around money can't buy everything.

21. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Thank goodness this piece of madness is over (I think the wet weather in Manchester was the deciding factor!).

Come the summer, anyone wanting to put in an offer for Kaka will have to bear in mind the fee City was willing to pay for him. Great bit of marketing by Milan.

22. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i just think that if we had a better start to the season, if we were 6th place right now in position to challenge the top 4 spot, Kaka might have came. All this rumour about how he was threathened by the mafia to stay, i don't believe it. He stayed because he wants to win and play in the Champion's League, which is admirable. Also, he is too deeply embedded in the AC Milan culture to leave it.

However, I am not too sure if AC Milan will make the CL. It is currently in UEFA Cup and far from securing a CL spot. Whatever........... it's over. Bring on other transfers.

23. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ooh the irony of vanity...

24. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, are we going to now turn our attention to David Villa, or are we going to be engaged in more conventional transfers in the 10-20 mil range? It is bizarre that for City, a 10 to 20 mil pound player is considered how hum.