City open talks with Milan over Kaka transfer

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by 51BLU, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just been on the BBC that Gary Cook is in Milan having talks with AC Milan over the transfer of Kaka to City :D

2. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    MEN report - 100million pound sterling! It's mad, mad money, 250k pound sterling per week.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...er_city/s/1090271_city_in_100m_swoop_for_kaka

"Milan then said they had taken ‘official notice’ of City’s offer.

“This time they are here for real with an official delegation," said the report.

“City want Kaka at all costs and they have shown their cards. Garry Cook, two representatives of Sheik Mansour and Kia Joorabchian, who is acting as a mediator, met with Adriano Galliani and Ernesto Bronzetti (Milan’s chief executive and commercial director) and made their offer.”"

3. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kaka is pure class and is one of the few reasons to watch Serie A. This would be an insane signing, but given we are the second highest scoring team in the league this year, I wonder if its necessary so much as just showing off, flashing the cash, and trying to build our brand into something global. Kaka and Robinho in the same team would turn heads all over the world, even if Elano and Jo are shown the door.

I wish we would offer crazy money for some world class defenders and see how teams respond. How about sending a £60,000,000 bid Real's way for Fabio Cannavaro? :)

4. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Half that for the next Cannavaro, whoever he is, would seem to make sense, but in general I agree with this.

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=609368&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Kaka rejected the bid. This proves that money can't solve everything in high level football. Kaka is already very wealthy and I think all he cares about is winning. What I don't understand is that he actually has a choice. Doesn't AC Milan own him as an asset and can sell him at will? This isn't North America where some players have no trade clause is it?

I feel bad because the more times we get rejected, the more teams will increase the transfer price. West Ham and Blackburn is going to do that for sure on Bellamy and RSC, respectively. We really need to start winning before any player will take us seriously.

Right now, on the team, players are wondering who's next to go, which is why they are not committed to playing good football. It's a huge distraction and it is understandable. If you are Elano, why play hard, risk injury just so that tomorrow you're shipped off to who knows where??? Hughes undoubtedly has a lot of issues to deal with.

6. Shamrock Rovers

Oct 4, 2007
    Lima, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said, Elano will get no playing time and have zero desire to play for the club. We do not need Kaka right now. We need to replace Dunne unfortunately. He is just too slow for some reason this season. We need to solve the center of midfield. We have no spine as a team. Just as a side note Hamann injured his toe and this could be the of his city career with his contract running out in the summer.

7. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an ass his rep was to compare Kaka's situation to Robinho's. Apples and oranges mate, apples and oranges.

8. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Giorgio Chiellini:confused:

9. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see he's ten years younger than Cannavaro, which is mostly what I was thinking about.

10. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    I think it's the same problem we had at the end of last season, ie all the talk about SGE & Thaksin not seeing eye to eye and all the media comments.

11. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe this should serve a lesson to the owners, that you can't just buy people. They gotta let Hughes build this team, try and keep it afloat. I still can't believe all this talk about Buffon, that we're seriously thinking of offering 100mil for him. Put those 100mil into building a team up, not bringing one superstar into a team with serious problems.

12. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised that Jimmy Bullard is available for 5 mil and we don't seem to be interested in him...

As for Kaka, he is as much of a luxury to us as an Aston Martin is to a homeless man. We need at least 1 CB and a DM before we start getting attacking players in. Figure out which clubs are financially distressed and make some offers for 5 to 10 mil players. Kaka, Buffon, etc. can wait till summer.

13. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Chiellini or Fabiano Santacroce would be very good.

That said, would you really say no to Kaka ?

Rumours are that AC have accepted the bid, but Kaka want's to meet Sheikh Mansour before he agree's to sign.

We appear to be putting the roof on our house, before the wall's, but i think Hughes knows this.

14. novastar400

novastar400 New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is absolutely crazy... I agree with the general sentiment of buying players that the team actually needs atm... They definitely need another CB and DM... I like Kompany, but I don't like his role in the team, I think he gives the ball away too much for me... I'd like to seem him in a position where his technical ability is not that much of a requirement... Even then, with Kaka and Robinho, who are they going to supply the ball to? And I would definitely say no to trying to getting Buffon, what is he like 32-33??? I agree in putting the money in players that the team actually needs atm...

15. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've read the same stuff. Supposedly it has a bunch of "get out clauses". Pretty much clauses for Kaka to stay/leave depending on how City progresses.

To be honest I'm not all for this move. Yes, I'd love to get Kaka, but as you said in the final sentence, we are building a roof before we build the walls and it could all fall apart if the right steps aren't taken right after this move.

16. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I like to think it will all end nicely (for us anyhow), Think about it.

We already have Robinho and Ireland, two of the best midfieilders in the world, and perhaps Kaka another world class midfielder joining us, to add to Martin Petrov and Shaun Wright Phillips who are top class wingers. We need alot more defensive players, but that can be achieved in the summer. We will have an incredibly good squad IMO next season, but it's all to be seen if they can gel together

17. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Even with the current squad, I think if we added some world class defensive strength and a hitman up front, we'd be at least a top 6 club quite soon. Kaka isn't needed per se, but in terms of building City as a brand, him alongside Ronaldinho would lead to lots of new fans across the world I think. The talk of £250,000-500,000 a week is completely obscene though, money is clearly no object whatsoever with the Arab owners.

I fear though that if we do all this, then they get bored of the project, we'll be Leeds United all over again.

18. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?p...mmonth=11&fromyear=2008&tomonth=1&toyear=2009

Alright blues brothers, looks like the deal is still on. However, I am not sure if I should be happy about this or sad about this. 100 million pounds for 1 person, I am not sure as a human being, I can say that I am proud of this. In a way, we're going to be the laughing stock of soccer because it took us this much money just to lure 1 superstar to join.

We have got to start winning some trophines so that we never need to do this again.

If the deal goes through, more superstars will want to join City, no doubt about that. Kaka + Robinho, who are we kidding????? Stay tunned guys.

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    €80m thank you very much :p

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Buffon is 30 years old.

21. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Or at least get into the Champions League regularly. I'm still uneasy with this move though. I'm just hoping that if the owners really care about this team that they'd give Hughes at least 20-30mil more to at least get one more defender or defensive midfielder. But at this point, I'm just unsure that the owners would be willing to dish out any more cash, I mean yes their wealth seems limitless, but would they really want to blow off that much cash this quickly in these times of financial hardships?

22. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right I definitely agree about the 20-30mil more to get one more defender. I don't understand this logic at all. I would never say no to receiving Kaka, of course. But by putting a bid in for him like this I think we are giving out all the wrong kinds of signals to potential players and fans. We're just that team with a lot of money who likes to buy up players. We need substance across the board before we can start adding the gems. We as fans are going to have to stop worrying about what everyone else thinks of us, it's part of being a City fan. But at the same time we need to be worried about our reputation as a club in the footballing world.

It's mid January and all I see is Wayne Bridge and some rediculous Kaka talk? Throughouly disappointed so far...

23. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Kaka's 3 conditions

1. Our current owner remains the owner and continues to invest in City football

2. We can't sell Robinho

3. We make the Champion's League within 2 years

If any of these conditions are broken, he gets to walk away to a predetermined club (most likely a club of his choice)

I'd say the only condition that we're not going to meet is 3.

24. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

I was wondering, you guys did well last season with Erikson, why did he leave? As you obviously know, you need defenders or defensive minded players at this point. With 100mil, you could buy a whole new back line of solid youths.

25. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    is it official yet?