City 06 Summer Transfer News & Rumours

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Alan D, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Man City to double Richards wages to ward off Chelsea
    tribalfooball.com - March 27, 2007

Manchester City are ready to double Micah Richards' wages to keep him at Eastlands.

The Mirror says Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has made known his interest in Richards, but Chelsea's attempt to buy him in January to solve their chronic shortage of defensive cover never materialised.

But City are bracing themselves for several bids for Richards this summer, which is why the board are ready to open talks with the player and his representatives aimed at more than doubling his £10,000-a-week wages.

City officials aim to open preliminary talks with Richards and his agents in the next few weeks, with the club hopeful of tying the player down to a new deal before the squad departs for their summer break.

But it seems likely that City, at around £50m in debt, would not be able to afford to turn down a bid of around £20m. Richards and his advisers also know the player would be able to command around £50,000- a-week - a salary they would be unable to come close to matching.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=33752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Stoke ahead of Man City for Crewe's Jones
    tribalfooball.com - March 25, 2007

Stoke City boss Tony Pulis is attempting to trump Manchester City for Crewe Alexandra defender Billy Jones.

Jones is off contract in June and City have held compensation talks with Crewe for the youngster.

However, Stoke are now regarded as favourites for Jones.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=33538
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Everton, Bolton, Man City battle for Nugent
    tribalfooball.com - March 25, 2007

Preston North End striker David Nugent is sure to be the hottest property in the summer market.

Everton, Bolton and Manchester City head the interested clubs. Everton chief David Moyes has been trying for Goodison fan Nugent on and off for more than a year, but he is yet to be convinced.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce - hoping for a transfer windfall in the summer - is also looking at Nugent.

And so is City manager Stuart Pearce, his England Under-21s gaffer, but he may not be in charge of the lowly Premiership outfit next season.

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan has also looked, but ironically went off Nugent on the night that England chief Steve McClaren decided he was worth an international call.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=33523
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Kewell sparks tug of war
    Trevor Baxter
    27/ 3/2007

HARRY Kewell is set to spark a tug of war between City and Bolton.

Stuart Pearce and Sam Allardyce are keeping tabs on the Aussie star and could swoop if he leaves Liverpool at the end of the season.

Kewell, who is sidelined with a foot injury, has not played a single game for Liverpool this season, and it is understood that Rafael Benitez's patience has run out.

City and Bolton are both believed to favour a pay-as-you-play deal for the 28-year-old, as do Tottenham, who are also tracking him.

That is because Kewell's career has been blighted by injuries since he left Leeds to join Liverpool for £5m in 2003.

He managed just 23 minutes of the club's 2005 Champions League success before a torn abductor muscle forced his exit.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../s/1002/1002949_kewell_sparks_tug_of_war.html

2. Giallorossiguy

Giallorossiguy New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    id rather nnot get nugent hell steal all of mpenzas and sturridges goals!:D

3. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    lol, but wouldn't you rather have strikers fighting over the places because they are scoring goals rather than Pearce changing them cos they aren't! :)

4. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Panathinaikos eyeing Man City striker Corradi
    tribalfooball.com - March 29, 2007

Panathinaikos are eyeing Manchester City striker Bernardo Corradi.
    Corradi is well known to the Greek club's Spanish coach, Victor Munoz, who knows the Italian from his time at Valencia.

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=34108

Blues set for fresh Mido swoop
    Mike Whalley
    29/ 3/2007

CITY are preparing to make another bid to sign Egyptian striker Mido from Tottenham in the summer.

But manager Stuart Pearce knows that any attempt to sign the forward may hang on the success of ongoing investment talks.

Pearce tried to sign Mido for £4m during the January transfer window, but the deal collapsed just 30 minutes before the deadline when Spurs boss Martin Jol pulled out of thd deal.

Mido made it clear over the weekend that he would still consider a move to Eastlands in the summer.

PSV Eindhoven are also reportedly interested in the 24-year-old former Ajax striker, who has been linked with a move to Spain to join Celta Vigo, where he had a loan spell in 2003.

Investors

With City's board still in talks with potential investors regarding a possible takeover, the club's summer transfer kitty may yet receive a significant boost.

And Pearce is hoping that extra money does become available to sign a top-quality striker in the transfer window.

Weakness

The manager openly admits that his team's major weakness has been in front of goal, with the Blues scoring just 22 times in 29 Premiership matches.

And he has refused to rule out another move for Mido.

"It's well documented that we attempted to sign him in the window, and that broke down on the stroke of midnight when the window shut," said Pearce.

"We've spent the time between January and the end of the season re-focusing on everybody that we feel might benefit the club.

"Now we're waiting to see if there is investment into the club and what funds that might throw up.

"At that stage, it will make it slightly easier for me to know exactly what targets we can and can't go for in respect of how much we've got to play with."

Meanwhile, Panathinaikos are the latest club to be linked with a move for Blues striker Bernardo Corradi.

Sources in Athens suggest that the Greek side are interested in bringing the Italian striker's unhappy spell at City to an end.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...3/1003126_blues_set_for_fresh_mido_swoop.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------

City keep Brunt on target list

31/ 3/2007

CITY are set to step up their interest in Chris Brunt after he helped Northern Ireland to the top of their Euro 2008 group.

The Sheffield Wednesday winger played his part for his national side as the Irish beat Sweden 2-1 in Belfast on Wednesday night.

Brunt who has established himself in the Northern Ireland side would be available for around £2m but is still under contract to the Championship side.

The impressive 22-year-old has scored 10 times this season for Wednesday but he has yet to get off the mark for the Irish.

City boss Stuart Pearce said: "While we wouldn't comment about Chris or any individual, it would be fair to say that we look everywhere for players.

Speculation

"I don' t say: `We're a Premiership club, I can only sign a Premiership player, or a player from abroad with international caps.' We're always looking for somebody who's on the up."

Brunt has already been linked with Premiership strugglers West Ham and Charlton, but has been keen to play down speculation linking him with a move away from Hillsborough.

He said: "There was a story saying that Alan Pardew and Alan Curbishley were watching us play and that it was me who they were taking a look at.

"But no-one from my club has said anything to me. I have another year to run on my contract and, while I want to play in the Premiership someday, the plan would be to do it with Wednesday."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...3/1003333_city_keep_brunt_on_target_list.html

5. Giallorossiguy

Feb 2, 2007
    Good point How about getting healy cos leeds lok to be going tdown

6. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Daily Telegraph

Tottenham and Manchester City are both interested in Swedish international Johan Elmander. Tottenham manager Martin Jol saw Elmander, currently playing in France for Toulouse, score in the 2-1 defeat by Northern Ireland.

City manager Stuart Pearce is also keen on Southend United striker Freddy Eastwood, for around £5m.

Man City must outbid Portsmouth, Charlton for Eastwood
    tribalfooball.com - April 01, 2007

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce is keen on Southend United hotshot Freddy Eastwood.
    The People says Pearce and his spies want to draft in two new strikers - and Eastwood and England new boy David Nugent are on the list.

Eastwood's class has shone through despite Southend's survival fight.

Portsmouth and Charlton will renew their interest after backing off from moves in the last transfer window because of the size of the fee - based on Southend's reluctance to sell. The price could still be £5million for the one-time West Ham hopeful, but one of the interested parties is sure to take the plunge.

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=34419
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    I have been saying this for a while on another forum and get slated for it. But I believe that Healy would do better at a club like City, rather than a floundering club like Leeds. If he can score against top international teams, he can do a job for City.
    As for Nugent, does anyone remember the last time the club took on a regular scoring player from Preston?

And on SKY http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...=43&lid=&title=CLUBS+HANKER+AFTER+GERMAN+STAR

Mike Hanke? No thanks. He was impressive coming on as a sub for Schalke, but since being at Wolfsburg, he's done nothing of note to impress.

8. Giallorossiguy

Feb 2, 2007
    elmanders good

9. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think Kewell could be a really good player for city.

Has enormous skill. Would get a new fanbase in australia that's for sure. Kewell's our Golden Boy.

What's the odd's of us getting him ?

If we get him on a Pay-per-game contract, I think his injury "worries" may disapear if you get what i mean.

10. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Kewell's an arse. Bad news. Injury prone. If City buy him, it would be a huge mistake. He should be big at Liverpool, as that, let's face it, is a top European/world club. If he can't take his chance there, why should moving to City be any different?

11. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I dunno. If he get's on the park he is "possibly" one of the best wingers, Put him on a pay-per-game and he'll play more than he is i can guarentee.

12. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    I'd put him on a pay-as-you-play deal for a season - he could be a decent signing as he has to prove himself again. I wouldn't pay a transfer fee for him though and only get him on a free would be the best option.

13. South East Citizen

South East Citizen New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Exiled in Kent
    I'm a bit unsure about Kewell.

On the one hand he's undoubtedly a quality player, and the fact that we play Vass on the left wing every game shows we're not spoilt for choice in that position.

On the other hand the last quality player we signed on a free from Liverpool - Hamman - has been pretty awful for us, and it's getting a bit ridiculous the amount of players we've signed from the scouce over the years when they decide they don't want them any more. Also, I reckon Beasley has always done well when he's come and I'm surprised he hasn't been given more of a chance.

On the whole though, I think if we can get him on a free and a play per game contract he'd be worth going for, maybe playing him as the creative player just behind the forwards in a more central role.

14. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    US mystery men meet Pearce
    Chris Bailey
    10/ 4/2007

CITY manager Stuart Pearce has met the club's prospective buyers.

The mystery Americans, who are thought to be in the driving seat to take control, visited the training ground over Easter though the boss is not clear about their plans or timetable.

And he insists that he does not see the rest of the season as a job interview after the Blues reached the accepted 40-point safety mark with a 3-1 win at Fulham.

"I am kept informed of takeover discussions. I have met individuals and various parties have been to the training ground and they have been to watch games," he revealed.

"The chairman and chief executive tell me as much as they can and as much as I want to know.

"I don't feel any more secure in my job now than I ever have. You can never feel secure in this job. It is physically impossible to feel secure as a football manager.

Takeover

"In the summer there may be a takeover and they might say they need a new man at the helm.

"What I will say is that it does not affect my planning. In some ways with regards planning for the future it is of no relevance to me what the club tell me. I know my job, what is coming through from the Academy and what areas we need to strengthen.

"I have list of targets to give to the chief executive and I will tell him that's what I want and that he has to deliver it for me if he can. The chairman and board will, I am sure, do everything they can to support me.

"I don't see the rest of the season as an audition for my own job."

Despite his side recording a fifth away win in seven attempts, Pearce insisted that he went home from Craven Cottage slightly disappointed.

"Safety from relegation is something I haven't thought about, my coaches haven't thought about and the players haven't thought about," he said.

"My only thought now is can we go to the end of the season unbeaten - that is the challenge. We want to finish as high up the league as we can and conceding a goal at Fulham cost us a place in the table.

"I will never turn around and say I am happy with the 40 points. That is a million miles away from how I think. I love the high expectations of our fans."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...1004/1004025_us_mystery_men_meet_pearce_.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want Pearce to stay next season! I know it sounds crazy but he does prove me wrong and I think if he had some assistance like with an experienced assistant manager who knew what they were doing then he would learn from his mistakes. If the rumours about Healy and Nugent are true and Pearce is after them then he is after the right sort of players.

15. Giallorossiguy

Feb 2, 2007
    Well if he can get them great! hopefully he will exile corradi to italian 3rd division hell. More good news we have 40 pts no relegation for us!

16. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Hart makes Seasiders debut

10/ 4/2007

JOE Hart made his debut for Blackpool in Monday's 2-0 win over Huddersfield after agreeing an emergency loan move.

The 19-year-old has already enjoyed a loan spell with Tranmere this season as he looks to gain more first-team experience.

Hart is expected to return to City after Blackpool's clash with Northampton Town this weekend, report www.mcfc.co.uk.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../1004/1004080_hart_makes_seasiders_debut.html

Blues home in on Nugent
    Chris Bailey and Peter Spencer
    9/ 4/2007

DAVID Nugent is top of City's summer shopping list as the Blues prepare to spend big.

City could be armed with as much as £10m to splash out on attacking reinforcements once the club secures its Premiership status and the proposed investment from a group of Americans is completed.

Ex-Crewe ace Dean Ashton - currently injured at West Ham - is also on the shortlist as is German sensation Mike Hanke and David Healy at Leeds.

Representatives of the US consortium, who are leading the four-way battle for control of the Blues, watched City inch closer to safety with a draw against Charlton at the City of Manchester Stadium on Friday and spent Saturday at the club's Carrington training HQ - a complex that is on long-term lease.

They were shown around by chairman John Wardle, who has bankrolled the club to the tune of £20m and who could still retain his place on any reconstructed board. Wardle has been determined to win the best possible deal from the would-be investors and, significantly, at least £10m for new players.

Boss Stuart Pearce, who was close to losing his job last month, will do much to secure his position with a strong finish to the season.

Resolved

His future will be resolved in the summer once the new board has been formulated.

If Preston North End fail to make the leap from Championship to Premiership, their prized asset, ex-Bury striker Nugent, who scored on his England debut earlier this month, will be Pearce's number one target.

And in a bid to completely re-invent a strikeforce that had bagged a miserable 23 Premiership goals in 31 starts before today's trip to Fulham, the manager will also be keeping tabs on German sensation Hanke and Healy, who has already privately expressed an interest in joining the Blues and is still based in Manchester.

Pearce will also be watching closely the strikers at the clubs who are relegated from the Premiership, particularly if West Ham go down and the Hammers indicate they will sell either Bobby Zamora or Ashton.

Wolfsburg's former Schalke forward Hanke, who has recently been sidelined with a knee injury, is considering his options.

Pearce has already worked closely with Liverpudlian Nugent (below) during England Under-21 get-togethers and will do so again in June.

The City chief is aware that any takeover deal will include a clause stating new investors must pump £10m into recruitment of new players and Pearce plans to use the majority of that to entice the £8m-rated 21-year-old.

City face stiff competition for Nugent from his boyhood favourites Everton, but Pearce will be in charge of coaching the 16-goal hot-shot at this summer's Under-21 European Championships being held in Holland.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../s/1003/1003939_blues_home_in_on_nugent_.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

US reps in more talks with Man City
    tribalfootball.com - April 09, 2007

Representatives of the US consortium seeking to takeover Manchester City were again in the country on the weekend.

The Manchester Evening News says the group are leading the four-way battle for control of the Blues and their representatives watched City inch closer to safety with a draw against Charlton at the City of Manchester Stadium on Friday and spent Saturday at the club's Carrington training HQ - a complex that is on long-term lease.

They were shown around by chairman John Wardle, who has bankrolled the club to the tune of £20m and who could still retain his place on any reconstructed board. Wardle has been determined to win the best possible deal from the would-be investors and, significantly, at least £10m for new players.

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=35415

Preston ace Nugent tops Man City shopping list
    tribalfooball.com - April 09, 2007
    Preston North End striker David Nugent tops Manchester City's summer shopping list.
    The Manchester Evening News says if Preston North End fail to make the leap from Championship to Premiership, their prized asset, ex-Bury striker Nugent, who scored on his England debut earlier this month, will be Stuart Pearce's number one target.

The City manager could have over £10 million to spend this summer.

Pearce has already worked closely with Liverpudlian Nugent during England Under-21 get-togethers and will do so again in June.

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=35400
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Man City tracking Leeds striker Healy

Leeds United striker David Healy is interesting Manchester City.
    City boss Stuart Pearce wants to boost his attack and has the Northern Ireland international high on his shopping list.

Wolfsburg striker Mike Hanke is also wanted by Pearce, who knows Healy has already expressed interest in moving to Eastlands.

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=35403
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Man City boss plans Mpenza contract talks

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce has revealed he expects to hold new contract talks with striker Emile Mpenza this week.
    "All being well, this week we will speak to him and his representatives," said Pearce in the Daily Star.

"He has done extremely well.

"Against Charlton, he put in another performance of the type that said 'I want to stay at this club'."

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=35404

17. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Be careful what you believe and don't believe it til is has actually happened!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New owners to hand Man City boss £30M transfer kitty
    tribalfooball.com - April 11, 2007

The American consortium preparing to takeover Manchester City could put together a massive £30 million transfer kitty for the summer market.

The Daily Mail says the wealthy Americans, who have insisted on strict secrecy as part of the deal, visited City's training complex over Easter.

They are expected to pay £70m for the Premiership club, but are also ready to inject up to £30m more into the deal, signalling a summer transfer windfall for Stuart Pearce - or his successor.

Pearce said: "I'm being kept informed of the takeover discussions. The chairman and chief executive tell me as much as they can, but I don't feel any more secure in my job now than I ever have.

"In the summer there may be a takeover and they might say they need a new man at the helm. But I don't see the rest of the season as an audition for my own job."

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=35655
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunne won't consider leaving Man City
    tribalfooball.com - April 11, 2007

Manchester City captain Richard Dunne won't consider moving from Eastlands.

The Sun says Sunderland boss Roy Keane was recently informed by his contacts a move for Dunne would be a complete non-starter.

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=35676

18. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Wow .. I can't wait !! That would be more than Pearce has EVER spent at the club

19. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    That is a worrying thought.

20. Giallorossiguy

Feb 2, 2007
    Hopefully he won't mess up like keegan and buy some worthless young player.
    Vincent Matias Vuoso ring any bells

21. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Barton seems to be set for Newcastle... decent transfer fee... I'm gonna miss what he does on the field...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=436589&cc=%

Joey Barton has committed his future to Newcastle United after a whirlwind day on Tyneside. The 24-year-old Manchester City midfielder has put pen to paper on a five-year deal at St James' Park, according to his agent Willie McKay, after the Magpies fended off competition from West Ham United to clinch his £5.5million signing.

22. Brava Rookie

Brava Rookie Member

Oct 4, 2005
    VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barton gone... good riddance. I only wish that Onyewu played well enough to earn a full-time gig there. I would have taken great pleasure seeing Barton try to pull something on Gooch and then getting the piss stomped out of him.

23. Giallorossiguy

Feb 2, 2007
    Goood Riddance i continuously became disenchanted with him as the season wore on Him And his ass showing crime evading French guy attacking antics. Like to See someone like Feilhaber or bradley.
    I am really annoyed with this takeover how ********ing long is it going to take:mad: