Cisse of Auxerre

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by MadridForLife, Sep 26, 2003.

1. MadridForLife

MadridForLife New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Worcester, MA
    Does anyone think that we should not sign Cisse. It seems in the last season or two he has not been scoring as much for his club. He's got the potential, which he shows in flashes, but I don't think we should sign him. Owen has one striking spot and Heskey has the other for the time being. Then we have Baros when he gets back from injury along with Le Tallec, who I saw for the first time against Leicester. Also what 1st team chance would Neil Mellor have next season. By the way how is he doing at West Ham?? I don't think it is necessary to bring in another striker unless we can get an established striker.

2. Snackbar

Snackbar New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Alachua, FL
    This has been brought up several times on this board. I watched Auxerre's first two matches this season, looking forward to watching Cisse play. I was for the most point disappointed with his showings. Yes, he has great potential, but in those two matches at least, he was very selfish, didn't seem to want to work with his teammates at all. This MAY have something to do with his being unhappy remaining at Auxerre, but it is still very unprofessional. The last thing Liverpool needs is another "great potential" player. We need proven players, Kewell is finally one of these. I do believe we need another proven striker however. Kevin Lisbie perhaps? LOL