Cisneros?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by RobB, Sep 15, 2003.

1. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    What do people know about Venezuelan Gustavo Cisneros? There have been constant rumours in the English press about him buying Aston Villa and spending money to bring over South American players and maybe even a coach. Does anyone think there is any truth in this. Also, would soccer fans follow a mid-size team like Villa if this happened or only their local team + big teams like Real Madrid, Man U. and Juve.

2. MikeyPez

MikeyPez New Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Jersey City NJ
    name sounds familiar

3. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    If he actually does I'm sure is not to benefit anyone in Venezuela.
    As far as I know he doesn't own a single soccer team in Venezuela. There's plenty of investment oportunities in Venezuelan soccer today since it has improved a lot, but he rather take he's money to England and invest it over there.
    As much money as he has, he could easily build a Venezuelan Boca Juniors and a River Plate.

For the people that don't know, Gustavo Cisneros is one of the richest people in the World. Last year he was ranked around 60th in fortune magazine.

http://www.cisneros.com has some information about his assets.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    we need to wait for one the venezuelan mates

we spoke about that in one of the news threads for Liga venezolana here (let me see)

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=23505&perpage=15&pagenumber=4
    Is in spanish: but says, more or less, that cisneros offered to buy 30% of the stock of aston villa, then a poster answers with other news on the deal, Links 3 other venezuelans that compite with a former referee offer.

Cisneros is part of one of the wealthiest families in southamerica, I won be surprised if he lives now on exile... or away from president chavez regime.

5. JuanArango82

JuanArango82 New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Guatire, Venezuela
    Not this again, that guy should make up his mind already. This guy doesnt look like he will be helping our league out by any means.

I am more interested in that new deal Brazil and Venezuela made.

Brazil gets
    Baseball
    Taekwan-do

Venezuela gets
    Football
    Judo

trainers-coaches.

6. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    I doubt that he lives in exile since he owns tv channels in Venezuela, Coca-Cola, Directv. In few words, he almost has a monopoly in Venezuela.

He even owns the "Miss Venezuela" pageantry.

Please, don't say this guy lives in exile because he owns about half of Venezuela.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    half venezuela lives now in miami!

In a way to say....the exodus under el comandante Chavez....