Chrome Vapors and Silver Mania's

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by ViNo GiNo, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    air retention is usually a bad thing because it stretchs the seams of the ball, but since it's more of a training/novelty ball it's alright

The weight of boots are subjective, for example what size of boot do they weigh etc

2. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    Yeh you're right about the seam stretching thing, another weird thing I found is the ball is somehow a magnet to cross bars, in one of the games I played in with mates I hit the cross bar 4 times in the space of an hour...

On Eurosport when they mention the weight of a boot, what size shoe are they aiming at or is it averaged out?

3. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    i think they weigh the smallest size...i had a pair of Match Mercurials, and they weighed about 11 oz instead of the 9.2 oz (or whatever) that the website stated. Mine were size 11

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think but dont quote me on this I think they use a size 9 as the judge of weight because its the most common size

5. Soccernut7

Soccernut7 New Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Re: Chrome Vapors

Do you know where I can Find the chrome/black/white vapors FG in a size 7.5 US?
    Regards kevsalmac@mn.rr.com

6. zz.db.5

zz.db.5 New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    the mountains
    Yeah they use size 9 - samples and everything.
    I'd go with Manias - Vapors give a lot of people blisters and you said that you get blisters easily. Manias have nice soft leather with some protection and aren't really heavy-feeling on your feet. And the Lunar version is beautiful.

7. nfc- Z 3 )2 ()

nfc- Z 3 )2 () New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Omaha
    Umm...this thread is from 2002...I tihnk the guy has the boots he wants lol :rolleyes:

8. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    Jeepers this ones a bit of an oldy.

I actually ended up gettin both the vapors and manias for that season and wore them in different circumstances.

You're right about the blisters zz.db.5 the vapors gave me quite a few before i modified them but even still they're not really cut out for the harsh aussie environment.

went with the Mizuno Wave Cup Rivaldos the season after and the Mizunos wipe the floor with the mania and vapor :)