Chrome Vapors and Silver Mania's

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by ViNo GiNo, Sep 5, 2002.

1. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    Hey Peoples,

I was wondering whether anyone has some links to sites which show either of these two boots:

Adidas Predator Mania's - the 2003 edition Silver/White ones (not the champagne)

and

Nike Vapor - the chrome looking ones that Ronlado wore in the WC2002 final (not the normal silver ones)...

Thanks

P.s. has anyone with Mania's cut the tongue off like Del Piero does? if so has it stuffed the boot up?

2. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Nike Vapor-the chrome one:
    [​IMG]
    Sweet!!!

3. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    here are the white/silver mania's

[​IMG]

4. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    Thanks for that!

Now there's the problem of which ones to get (and which suit my foot better) for season 2003, seeing as though my Sheva's have conked it!

5. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    what's your foot shape like?

6. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    I'd say my foot is probably regular in width though I've heard only people with thin feet find Nikes - and the Vapors in particular - comfortable.

I wore the Adidas Accelerator boots for about 2 yrs and their not overly wide as compared to other predator boots ive used or seen.

The lightness and low profile of the Vapors interests me particularly as I'm a forward but the durability and ankle cover are pluses of the Mania's.

One of the biggest concerns I have about the Mania's is whether the thinness of the Rubber fins means they have no effect at all or very little compared to the older versions such as the Accelerators and Rapiers.

Any comments?

7. cmh1414

cmh1414 New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    i heard eurosport is getting the nike chrome vapors, probably be in the next catalog if what the person on the phone said is right.

8. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    I agree that the predator vamp doesn't "stick out" like previous versions of the Predator. I think the Precision Predator was the best so far.

9. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Predator vamp doesnt even make the ball move any faster its all a bunch of bull*************** that adidas wants you to beilive I did a test on it for my 9th grade science class with a rader gun that a police officer used to time the shots the preadtors slowed the ball down to be honest this was when they were the Preadtor Touch version( the first ones with a red tounge)

10. GreenDay

GreenDay New Member

Sep 15, 2001
    Estonia
    They're not supposed to make the ball faster, they're supposed to make the ball curve more. Geez!

11. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    they said that it adds power to your shot as well a curve

12. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    Yeh that's true the 3 things -

Power
    Curve
    Control

No doubt the rubber aids in control n curve but only the older ones i'd say helped in power due to the fin size...

Anyone with the Mania's feel the rubber is too thin to be noticed? any review of the boot would be appreciated (ie. weight, maintenance etc)

13. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Honestly...I don't really pay attention to any of that stuff. I have the Mania's and they are one of the best boots I've ever worn...but I didn't get them thinking they would make my shot harder or the bend in my free kicks really wicked. I just bought them because they were incredibly comfortable. In my opinion...a good player shouldn't have to rely on an outside force to make them a better player.

14. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    I agree, I've tried the Mania's on in a store and even without 'wearing' them in they feel great, didn't buy them there and then coz it's the end of my season and I'm thinking of getting the Lunar/Silver ones.

Is their weight a factor during games?

15. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    i think they are quite light actually for a boot...definitely don't feel like the 11 oz. they are listed as. I had the Precision before the Mania's and after wearing the Mania's, the precisions feel like wearing a cement block on your foot.

16. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    i don't think weight should be too big of a factor in a game, if u train with boots that have the same/comparable weight then u shouldn't feel a differnece.

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i think the chrome vapors look bad ass but i am wondering how long they will look nice because all the chrome nike stuff that has been coming out scuffs real easy i know that doesnt matter performance wise but if you are buying chrome shoes your are not just buying them for teh fact they are light shoes, another thing I am wonder if tehy are made from the nikesking stuff still in chrome the chrome ball isnt made from that stuff and the material fells real weird even hard at time but i guess we will see soon enough?

18. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    maybe the chrome is just a coating...which in that case would be really bad cuz it would scuff liek u ssaid

19. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    Yeh I've actually got the Nike Geo Chrome ball and it kills my feet after a while coz it's so damn hard...hope the boots arent like that but in that case Mania's are lookin the right option..

20. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    u can't release some air from the ball? Or is there no flexibility in the material?

21. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    yeh tried that even when it's like semi pumped is very hard
    good to kick power shots with and curve but after a while its takes it toll on your foot...looks nice thu haha

Does anyone know if the heel of the Vapor's are soft? Coz my heels are very prone to blisters and require soft lining like that of the mania's

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    that chrome stuff is hard, I have tried the vapors on but do not own a pair but the heal was pretty nice and it doesnt rub as much due to external heel counter or so I am told

23. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have the chrome ball as well, and the only thing i see wrong with it is that it is too heavy. its not hard. the chrome stuff on the ball hasnt chipped off or anythin like that. just some strech marks because i couldnt pump it up for a few weeks.

cheers

24. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    Yeh you're right the ball is heavy...

One of the best features about it is that fact that it retains its air very well, havent had the need to pump it even after a month or so of use...

The heaviness of the ball was felt by one of my mates who was hit by the ball back of his head from a goal kick and only standing about 1 metre away...fell to the floor like a sack of potatoes haha

Does anyone know the weight of the Manias in grams not ounces?

25. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    check prodirect soccer they will have on threre they are a metric based site