Christmas Evaluations

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by mellon002, Dec 20, 2005.

1. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    I haven't been following Leeds forever and I certainly don't know much about the English Championship, but last year I remember us putting together a great run at this time that had us sniffing at the playoffs. I'm not sure if this is really the time to begin a big push, but certainly the way we play in the next few months determine the position we will have when it comes to the stretch run. Here are some positives and negatives:

Positive: Look at our upcoming schedule
    vs. Coventry (16th)
    at Stoke (5th)
    vs. Hull (18th)
    at Plymouth (20th)
    at Brighton (21st)
    vs. Sheff Wed.(22nd)
    at Ipswich (15th)
    vs. QPR (14th)
    vs. Crystal Palace (11th)

We've hit a rough bump here, but between Wolves and Coventry we will have had 9 days to re-group and re-energize. Before the past couple of games we had a great run of results and I think we will have another great opportunity to get on a role.

Negatives: Rob Hulse could miss 4 months if he has surgery. This would be a huge blow and means that Cresswell would really have to step it up.

What are some of the other positives and negatives that you guys think we have?

2. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    this worries me a lot, actually, as im not quite sure that leeds is over the huge problem of playing down to thier opponents level.

3. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    Yeah but these are games we have to win if we expect to win promotion this year.

4. leeds fan

leeds fan New Member

Dec 3, 2005
    leeds
    I think we can win a few of those games. For some reason we always struggle against the crappier teams -- conventry, sheff wed, brighton. As long as we stay in the top six over xmas, i will be happy.

5. TheYank

TheYank New Member

May 3, 2005
    Manhattan, KS
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know when we are scheduled to make up the game we have in hand?

6. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    I believe it was a game at Leicester that has been rescheduled for February, but I could be wrong.

7. leeds fan

leeds fan New Member

Dec 3, 2005
    leeds
    It's actually a match with crystal palace. I remember it was scheduled to be played in september on sky sports. Some players were called up for international duty and the match was postponed.