Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    I’m glad he is staying back. I want to see him start at San Siro vs BvB.
    And while I have seen some USMNT sh** show performances in my day, especially against teams like T&T, I have confidence the squad will get the job done, even without Weah and CP.

uniteo repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    How do you mean?

3. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad he is staying back as well.

He is aware - I mean we are all "aware" ...

yes the team needs to beat T&T w/o him.

Marsch said it well - our better American players in Europe really get put through the wringer with the match competition and intensity, the travel, the schedule, and the Transatlantic travel.

Their club managers and Egg need to keep that in mind and occasionally tell them to stay put and rest.

4. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn’t realize he wasn’t at the wcq but now that I think about it I think Reyna, Pulisic and maybe even Wes were out. All I remember from that day was Pepi being great.

5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Yikes

Second time Pioli gave up 2 goals lead in 3 games.

adam tash repped this.
  6. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    smokarz, abw, mattjens and 3 others repped this.
  7. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like how Pioli has managed Pulisic....think he's been the best manager of Pulisic specifically in his career.

But overall, this season, havent been too impressed.

cant tell what it is - if the squad just has holes or what but....theyve left a lot of meat on the bone imo

8. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    I think they're just thin, not built for two games per week.

Being alive in the CL and top 3 in the league seems pretty satisfactory all things considered, but they'll struggle to maintain one or both of those unless they have good luck with injuries. The January reinforcements will also need to work out well.

Namdynamo, mattjens, Gacm32 and 4 others repped this.
  9. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Taremi deal falling apart really hurt them.

And Chukwueze being incapable of even being a trusted sub, when originally many thought he'd lock down that RW position and Puli would be the sub, also has killed any real depth in the attack.

I read Jovic doesn't even have a SOG this season.

Heavy rumors they want Jonathan David....who doesn't have a goal in his last 10 Lille appearances.

They should have just gotten Balo. I don't say that just becuz I'm American. It made a lot of sense.

Namdynamo and HScoach13 repped this.
  10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan certainly needs help in the winter window. David is a super streaky striker. It seems like every year he hits a slump and people start to question his ability then he catches fire and starts hitting the net on the regular. I know most players go in and out of form at some level but David seems to have particularly wide swings in form. AAR, not sure he is the best target but they sure need a 9 that can share time with Giroud.

majspike and bittercask repped this.
  11. bittercask

bittercask Member

Dec 25, 2020
    So true about David. I wish he didn't have his slump during the WC - he was absolutely terrible during it. Maybe he gets too much in his own head; no idea.

12. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sciopero is actually government regulated with some mandatory times for transportation to go, if it stops in the middle of a field it's bcs it broke down, but with high speed trains it's rare.

13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Hmmm... I have not lived there in a bunch of years, but in the good old day, I think they could do a "flash strike" for under an hour and it always seemed to be on the train into or out of Milan, about 45 minutes out and we figured it was just the conductor or one of the ticket workers stopping for a quickie on company time. But folks with sticks holding 1/2 bottles of cheap Chianti always seemed to appear out of nowhere, so we never minded too much, unless there was a connection to catch. Only spend a few weeks at a time in Italy the last couple of years and for sure we did not stop in any field for a flash strike... Alas, perhaps the good old days have changed...

14. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMHO, the defense is just weak, plus the team lacks depth almost everywhere.

15. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If only we got botman instead of cdk. Huge miss

16. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, a lot of things have changed from years ago, under many different aspects. Others - unfortunately - haven't.

freisland repped this.
  17. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Contrary to some in the game day thread, I thought Pulisoc had a good outing. Often when he received the ball he turned and left his man in the dust and made a good, progressive pass. He forced more than two turnovers. He was definitely a factor in the teams performance. Was he a world beater? I don’t think so. He had a couple lame corners/crosses and I wish he would stop shooting the ball right at the keeper (granted today’s shot wasn’t simple and he was beyond fantastic to set it up like he did). His last goal was also at the keeper but it just happened the ball went through his hands. Puli seems to hit the target but his shots lately seem to be drilled at the keeper.

mattjens, Namdynamo and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  18. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he played well too. Looked especially dangerous when making runs thru the center of the pitch. Slowed down a bit in the 2nd half but the O was completely absent when he left the pitch. Glad he only played 60 with the mid-week game coming.

TimB4Last repped this.
  19. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    He looked good, unlike at Chelsea he’s continuously involved in plays and how they develop. Just needs to score a bit more frequently to really take that next step and put a stamp on the team.

mattjens repped this.
  20. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too lazy to seek the player ratings again, but my perusal yesterday showed them all over the place for both CP and Musah, with a bit more consistency for the latter. Not surprising and reflected the comments on BS.

21. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I thought he was pretty good. Was involved in most of their chances in the first half.

22. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starts as expected. Working so I'll have to catch the replay.

23. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The issue right now is aside from Tomori (who himself can be wildly inconsistent) Milan does not have anybody in their backline playing well... even the usually reliable Theo Hernandez has looked off the pace but Milan also has a ton of injuries (including to 2 CBs) so they cannot really make changes.

They do have a deal to sign Juan Miranda from Betis in the summer, but are trying to come up with something to get him in January.

Also worth noting that rumors have popped up in the last few days that Milan are considering making a change at manager and the favorite would be Thiago Motta

24. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    I don't mind when the ratings don't favor our guys...normally. The world doesn't revolve aroubd them. But Football Italia had Chukwueze rated *higher* than CP--absolutely ridiculous ("hidden on the left flank"--which was not true in the slightest, completely aside from the performance itself).They kind of made up for it by giving Musah a high mark, but sometimes I really wonder what game these guys are watching.