Christian Cappis all games PBP thread

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Casper, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Cappis starting a Conference League game. Home leg after a 1-1 road leg. Off we go. TV says he'll be left mid in a 4-4-2.

Winoman repped this.
  2. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    I'm seeing more of a 4-3-3 - Cappis is on the left, but not playing at all wide.

3. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Pyrotechnics delay - just as well because I could barely tell which player was which behind the smoke.

4. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Hedlund scores a second goal on the night - left back for Pogon brilliantly curled a perfectly weighted ball over his own center back and into a position where only Hedlund could collect. Decent first touch and calm finish 1 v 1 against a keeper who barely had time to come off of his line. 2-0, 3-1.

5. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Cappis looks to have switched to the right side at the half. Similar role.

6. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Kvistgaarden collects an excellent throughball from I think Cappis and finishes nutmegging the keeper. Announcer said it was Radosevic with the pass, but I think it was Cappis. Either way, 3-0 / 4-1 and this is probably over.

Winoman repped this.
  7. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Cappis starts against Horsens. Brondby go up early in the second half on a well-executed play finished by a header that takes a lucky deflection.

Cappis looks to be the left back. Just broke up the line well but his cross went over the goal.

8. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    2-0 Brondby - great ball over the top to Hedlund and he only needs one touch of his own to score, accidentally settled perfectly for him by a defender deflection. Came up the right side, Cappis a spectator.

Cappis has only looked OK since I've been watching. Aggressive, but a couple turnovers in attack and bailed out by good teammate plays on defense.

9. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cappis is on the bench for Molde in their home Europa League match vs Bayer Leverkusen. Match is on Paramount+.

10. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Cappis comes on in the 80th minute for Molde. Looks like LWB, trailing 2-0 to Leverkusen.

11. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    And Breivik scores to make it 2-1 as Molde chase late drama.

12. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Cappis earned a corner that led to a great save, as Molde continue to push for it.

13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Wow - Ref blows the full time whistle after counterattack-ending foul by Leverkusen at midfield that I would have given a yellow. That sucks. 100% chance I would have let Molde have one more attack. 2-1 final score.

Winoman repped this.