ChivasUSA on tv

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Octavius Agustus, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Octavius Agustus

Octavius Agustus New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    33RD sTREET
    First game vs. DC United on ABC?

I thought I heard one of the announcers say that the first game on ABC would be DC United vs. CD Chivas USA @ Estadio de Chivas. Did anyone else hear this or was I imagining things?!?!?!?!? :)

2. FCGalaxy1996

FCGalaxy1996 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    LA
    Re: First game vs. DC United on ABC?

Yes you heard right April 2 vs DC united IN LA but its not appreciated when you call it estadio de chivas it will never be estadio de chivas. It will always be home of the LA's team the galaxy! :)

3. socksgov

socksgov New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    california
    Chivas USA on tv

a friend told me that a while ago when he was watching a chivas game on azteca america the anouncers mentioned that they had a surprise, for the chivas fans in the us, to be announced later. i kind of also remeber hearing a rumor that they may be showing all of the chivas usa games

4. snbdrenzo

snbdrenzo Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Northern Virginia

Actually, its neither the galaxy's or Chivas' stadium... its DC United's stadium as is every stadium they play in.

If you don't believe me, just look at the road attendance stats (not just 2004 because it would be too easy to say it was the ADU factor) over the 9 seasons.

5. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom

Yes the Freddie Factor was impresive. He was worth at least 5,000 per game in almost every stadium on the road. But, will Chivas eclipse him? I think so. I wouldn't be surprised if Chivas sell out in Chicago and Denver. Something Freddie couldn't do.

As for whose stadium it is, I thought that HDC part of the National Team training center, in which case it's the home of the Yanks.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

estadio chivas? or Home depot center?

any chance they put over 20k for the home opener?

7. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You are joking .......................... right????

8. Old Cosmos Fan

Jun 8, 2002
    Originally NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think it will be a sellout. I'd love to go to the game if i can get tickets(and time off from work).