Chivas USA GM Fired?

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by LArocks1968, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While this may be a great move for the organization it may hurt the average fan. The financial turnaround for the Kings and Coyotes was based purely on gaining corporate clients. Individual/mini plan ticket holders have suffered massive price increases while corpoate season ticket holders have been pandered to. Even the design of new stadiums has been based purely with corporate client interests (Three levels of luxury boxes/Fans in the rafters) in mind. In any case I tend to be leary of anything related to AEG. Just look at our not so friendly neighbors.

2. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    im surprised no one's worried he might work to ship us out of LA. he has a history. (especially since we're not really tied to the city as it is)

3. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SOJ I am very curious as to the origin of the quote regarding the Kings. Their attendence has been pretty solid depsite the product they have in the ice the last 5 years. I have also never heard of them even mention moving the Kings to KC. I know AEG owns the arena but the NHL would not even entertain this as a possibility with all the other teams on the brink if bankruptcy in the NHL

4. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I think a lot of you are thinking that Antonio Cue will just let him call all the shots. Cue will definitely continue to have his input on the team....
    Just like he said, He is building an office team to match the "on the field" team.

I have no doubts that Antonio will continue to trust Preki on the decision making in regards to players, and the game itself.
    In regards to Shawn, all I have to say is that I welcome him and any marketing of the team he will do. We all know that there is nothing or almost nothing in regards to marketing Chivas right now.

In regards to the marketing guy that was here... Haven't you all noticed in the Chivas webpage the job posting that is currently open? :D

5. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm with you Ranka, and at least hope you're right. The new GM is here to run the office first. Of course, he should have some input on player decisions but that part of the organization is proving to be sound. If it ain't broke....

As for Alex G - I see he's still listed on the staff list so maybe he's around. Going public on Big Soccer was probably never the best move....I bet he's been told not to post. I'm thinking Alex is here with us, but maybe not under the same name!

6. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't mind as long as you aren't leaking info. Of course talking smack against your employer is never a good idea but they certainly haven't said to stop, just be careful.

7. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    http://www.kingshockey.com/articles.cfm?id=190

8. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why should he have imput on player decisions, thats the coaches job. Why let buisnessmen decide field related issues, we all saw whats going on with the Galaxy. Great Marketing the worst team in MLS.

9. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    how dumb am i to fall for an april fools joke when its not even april 1st.
    jesus.

thanks for the heads up.

sorry, shawn.

11. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    On thursday night when we played DC I was walking by one of the guys that came with the Phoenix crowd and I said good luck with getting a team soon, and he said we will thanks, Chivas USA is going to Phoenix. I said HELL NO!!! He said want our team there. After I read the April Fool's hoax, I was thinking, maybe that is the plan, to get our Chivas out of LA. I feel better now that I know it's a hoax, but does anyone think that might be in their heads? I will be one pissed off guy if they even bring that up!!!:mad:

12. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Doubtful. I think Cue really wants chivas to workout in LA and that's why he's hired the big guns.

13. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    I hope your right!!!:D

14. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team is doing its job on the pitch. The FO has to rally around Hunter to do the same.
    Now that I have pointed out the obvious, what is his first order of business?

Attendance?
    Relocation?
    Rebranding?

15. ChivasUSAMktDept

ChivasUSAMktDept New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    im still here fellas. had lost my password then my comp crashed and of course, it doesnt help that im doing the job of three people. we are all very anxious to have Shawn come in and of course. aside from that, someone asked about a focus group, its still in the works and im still here to chat adn answer questions that i can....heres to a win today

16. LArocks1968

LArocks1968 Member

May 20, 2007
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Any question?

Here is one:

Why has the front office not market this team to the non spanish speaking communities of the greater Los Angeles area?

17. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Attendance? Yes
    Relocation?Never
    Rebranding?Maybe to chivas LA or Club Deportivo Chivas LA
    Mexican Players? I think adding a couple quality mexian players will greatly help.

Relocation wont happend because Vergara and Cue want Chivas in LA and will make it work.

18. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Ya, I figured you were still around ! Hey, stop by and say hello some gameday..... Just look for the big red ST PATS banners!

BEAT LA !