Chivas @ United POST Match Press [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by jmsdoc, Apr 9, 2006.

1. jmsdoc

jmsdoc Member

Jun 25, 2000
    The Valley
  2. AB727

AB727 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Re: Goff is up...

Re: the goal that wasn't.....unless someone has a shot across the mouth of the goal, we'll never know. Any other angle will not tell the correct story. And to me, it doesn't matter anyway. If you want a goal, put it into the back of the net. Otherwise, quit whining and move on.

Re: Adu not starting......I wonder if this was Nowak's power play? He seems like an awfully stubborn guy, and yes, I do believe he would choose to sit Adu just to show him who's boss. They made a big fuss over last year, and how everything is fine between the two of them, but if Adu starts every game it gives the appearance that Nowak gave in. By not starting him occasionally, well, Nowak shows who's in charge.

3. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.

And the more experienced, seasoned player gets the minutes he needs this season to gel as future leader, ie Gomito.

Mark

4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think Nowak was trying to show anybody anything. Freddy's been saying the right things all through preseason and now, and he did well enough last week. In order to get Gomez and Boz back on the field, someone had to sit. I really think that's all there was to it. I could be wrong, but I thought this was just tactics. It's not as if Freddy's been a regular starter before, no?

5. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just to add: Eski certainly earned a start with his week one performance as well.

The team probably has 15 players who can start on almost any other MLS team. Some egos will need to give a little so the team can succeed.

6. kirchhausen

kirchhausen Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly. Quaranta couldn't even get in the game as a sub, and Namoff is still out with his injury.

We have more depth than just about any other team in the league. The burning question is, do we trade some of that depth for an upgrade at either keeper (unlikely, as there are not many options to trade for) or a stellar defensive player? Or, do we sit back, enjoy the depth, while other teams suffer through injuries and/or World Cup callups?

7. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD

:rolleyes:

If only Chivas could take advantage of random bounces off the shin, like Jaime can.

Face it, we got lucky with this one.