Chivas - Metros Game Thread....

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 13, 2002.

1. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Here's the low down on those Mexican bastards....

Here's who made the trip for Chivas.....

GOALKEEPERS: Oswaldo Sánchez, Martín Zúñiga

DEFENDERS: Guadalupe Castaneda, David Mendoza, Jorge Barrera, Alfonso Loera, Hector Reynoso, Joel Sánchez

MIDFIELDERS: Ramon Ramírez, Ramon Morales, Jorge Garcia, Omar Bravo, Manuel Sol, Mario Bueno, Mariano Varela, Rafael Medina, Johnnie Garcia, Armando Moctezuma.

FORWARDS: Jair Garcia, Emilio Mora, Miguel Sabah, Ignacio Vazquez, Ezequiel Chavez.

HEAD COACH: Daniel Guzman

If your Spanish is any good you can check out the visitors home site here....
    http://www.chivas.com.mx/

PLAYER NEWS......

Metrostars.com has no lineup list for us so here is our injuries list to work from....

METROSTARS - OUT: D Marcelo Balboa (knee bone bruise-R), M Tab Ramos (torn hamstring-L); F Mamadou Diallo (strained lower abdominal); QUESTIONABLE: M/F Clint Mathis (torn meniscus & sprained MCL-R), PROBABLE: M Brad Davis (partial tear, plantar fascia-L)

From the dailynews.com 8/13....
    Almost there: Clint Mathis (knee) and Brad Davis (foot) probably will be used in short stints in the MetroStars' exhibition vs. Chivas (Mexico) at Giants Stadium tomorrow. They should be ready for extended roles Saturday against Dallas.

Transportation Info.........

NJ Transit info...
    http://www.njtransit.com/

New York City transit info.....
    http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/

Weather Outlook :
    Wed Aug 14 Mostly Sunny 92°/65°

Ticket info....
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?
    keyword=metrostars

or end up banging your head into a wall from calling : 1-888-4-METROTIX

2. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    I'm making up a sign that reads "USA 2 - Mexico 0" just in case they may have forgotten :)

3. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    http://www.mural.com/deportes/articulo/203181/

This article talks about how much the Chivas players hate this trip right in the middle of their season (they are coming off a 1-0 loss to their hated rivals, America). Sounds like the last thing they wanted to do. Can't say I blame them.

It does say they are bringing the whole squad, save one guy the under 20 player Alberto Medina.

4. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    Thank God for Babelfish!

Jorge Asdrúbal Gómez/Mural Guadalajara, Jalisco. - (13/Ago./2002) Most of the rojiblancos elements that this morning did the trip to New York to play against the MetroStars was inconforme reason why they considered an obstacle for the continuity in the work in equipment. "It affects, it affects much, in the equipment it was not known who were going to go, but or we are here and it is not necessary to put pretexts, or is given and it is necessary to go to play", said to the Oswaldo doorman Sanchez. The players agreed in which more than a benefit, the friendly one against the New Yorkers will end up harming driving of the equipment in the local match, since the sessions of training will be interrupted. "Unfortunately already they are glided, this type of parties they clear to you, they eat all the week to you to do what you could work between the trips, the party and what you rest, he has just a short time to work", mentioned Manuel Sun. The mediocampista Rafael Medina affirmed that the long trips always end up decreasing the yield of the player, and that the ideal had been, that at least the titular picture, it continued working in the Per it Tapatía. "we in Guadalajara had been better to have left, not she could by this commitment that there is to only fulfill and we hoped that she does not affect much what can be the trip", expressed. Others, like Joel Sanchez and Mariano Varela, preferred to take the encounter with optimism and to remove to all the possible benefit as far as the preparation and work from integration between the elements from the Guadalajara. "the commitment already is and we have to do it by the positive side, it is going to serve for integration and in the soccer thing we must remove the best benefit, and the fact to him of not being in Guadalajara, but working together it also must be good", indicated Sanchez. "(it affects) it is not a commitment that already we had, it is going to serve to take it as intersquares, we are going to go all the establishment and in that aspect we must be calm and not to break the scheme", said on the other hand Varela.

Oswaldo doorman Sanchez :)

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Bring out your American Flags and your USA Scarfs for this one boys and girls. Show them that we mean buisness out there Wednesday night.

If the players are upset to come up here after their derby match against Club America then the coach and management should have allowed them to play Metro in the MercoNorte last year.

Not our fault that Management of Chivas screwed us over as well as their players.

I hope Clint & Brad gets at least 15 to 20 minutes of playing time in the 2nd half of the match. Bring in our secret weapons to score two big goals.

6. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Man, I'se drunk and this still don't make no sense to me.

7. MetroZebra

MetroZebra New Member

May 24, 2002
    My main concern that everybody is overlooking is this: When teams from Mexico on down to South America fall behind in a match, what do they start to do? Hack and slash, attempting to hrt other players for no reason at all, just because they are losing. We've seen this in the two friendlies leading up to WC2002 against both Ecuador and Uruguay. AND let's not forget that USA beat Mexico in quarters of WC to send them home....I think Chivas will come out kicking...not the ball, but Metros ankles and knees. It's sad that teams try to take revenge when their country or club lost fair and square.

8. sachinag

sachinag New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO
    FSW/FSNY?

I don't suppose the match is on TV, is it?

9. PaperDoll

PaperDoll New Member

Apr 6, 2001
    dark side o the moon
  10. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    Re: FSW/FSNY?

I was wondering that myself??? Telemundo and Univision like to show Mex.club's friendlies a couple days after the match, so who knows???

11. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    We've lost 4 games in a row. I just hope we can keep it respectable tonight.