Chivagirls

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by GutBomb, Nov 17, 2004.

1. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
  2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the problem?

3. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  4. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why only questions is, are they going to be at away matches?

5. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Of course they will.

Chivas is going to be HUGE addition to MLS, and they are going to aggresively market their brand in every MLS city. I look forward to them coming to get beat by the Fire at Soldier Field. Chivas is set up to have a sizable "away" fan presence in all the MLS stadiums. Gonna be good for rivalries, atmosphere, and ticket sales. Having some mujares caliente as "ambassadors" sure won't hurt either.

I'm with Northside Rovers here, what's the problem?

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmm... ChivaGirls! [​IMG]

Perhaps other MLS teams will jump on the bandwagon? I know that the Wizards, Crew and Rapids have cheerleaders, and that the Earthquakes had Tremor Girls for a few games (a different entity from the Blue Crew, who throw out the t-shirts into the stands).

Do other MLS teams have something like that (or have tried it at some point)? :confused:

-G

7. kingjackdaniel

Jul 16, 2004
    Dyer, IN
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, sounds good to me.

As many have said anyway, time to stop marketing towards the families and go after young males, such as myself.

I hope the chicas caliente don't chase the families away though.

I look forward to seeing them.

8. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great talk about a Fing streotype. Any Hispanic with an education who is NOT an MLS fan will see this and say, SEE THAT'S WHY I CAN'T TAKE THIS LEAGUE SERIOUSLY!

So hispanics like Soccer, beer, ANYTHING from Mexico, and t & a....

Nice job.

9. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still waiting for the Eurosnobs to weigh in with "There are no cheerleaders at <insert European stadium here>".

10. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Chiva de Corazón"

ahaha

11. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess you'd prefer they NOT have excellent personal hygiene?

12. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just a regular boring white guy and that explains me.

What are you talking about? Where is this diatribe coming from?

13. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I fully expect Chivas to immediately become a powerhouse in MLS and I think they will teach other MLS teams a thing or two about how to get fans to the games.

With regards to the Chivas Girls, if you spend any time at all in a Latin American country you are going to notice companies do this all the time. In Chile durring the summer, the Coca-Cola Girls are all over the beach giving out free little bottles of Coke. The Entel Girls promote Entel cell phones or calling cards. And in Cancun, I hung out at a club for hours once just because they had the Corona Girls. They weren't giving out free Corona or anything, they were just standing there being cute.

Giddy Up.

14. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it works for Univision and Telemundo. How else could you explain their variety shows?

15. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    This has disaster written all over it.

16. mswietek

mswietek Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Norwich, CT
    I'm with Northside on this one. What is the big deal here? They are using attractive women to appeal to a primarily male demographic. I am not really seeing why this denegrates hispanics. Nor do I see why it is surpising in any way. The NFL and NBA does it. So does just about every product maker out there.

My favorite sport and hot girls. What's the problem?

17. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone, a while back, post a number of pics of the cheerleaders for. . . errrr gosh, I think it was Independiente (ARG)?

Didn't seem to hurt them. . .

I don't really care for Cheerleaders. Never did. Hated em in High School, and nothing has changed my mind since. However, I really don't even see how this is even worth a thread, considering the Rapids Cheerleaders, etc.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the try outs, you know, just for research. :D

Besides, we've got Miss Galaxy 2005 - Amanda Lindholm!
    http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/MLS/lag/load.jsp?section=community&content=misslag_final

18. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I worked for Fox Sports en Espanol as an intern. I have seen this before. That is their preception of the Latino Market....

1- In Argentina or MLS I don't agree with cheer leaders. It's a typical American thing for BORING NFL football. After sitting through for 5 hrs you wanna see some tail. But not in Soccer... It's a fast action game and DURING the game so few pay attention to them (cheerleaders) and if they do it's to shout profanaty at them...

2- CHIVAS is marketing to the obvious... Male viewer. SO I can't blame them.

3- There gonna be hot so I won't complain when I see them on TV, but am THINKING ABOUT THE CHILDERN! :D ! No am not... ;) .

4- A intresting story. Independiente was losing to Lanus a few years back something like 2-0 at half time. They sent out the cheer leaders to liven the crowd up... The girls MADE THE FATAL MISTAKE of dancing near the barra brava.. Huge rows of spit and insults came their way, as they we're told to leave the group of girls had a bottle rocket thrown at them and one was hit in the head with a rock... she later sued Independiente... Boca has the boca girls but they always come out BEFORE a game and if boca is winning...

19. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A) The ChivasGirls comes from a team whose is owner is ......Mexican and from a franchise whose main team is in Mexico.

B) Yes. Mexicans do love Soccer, Beer, anything from Mexico, and lots of T&A. LOTS OF T&A on ANYTHING. It ain't a stereotype. It's....a truth....Oh...yeah..and you forgot we love boxing.

Is this a stereotype:

[​IMG]

More of the Tigres Porristas!

This are from Argentina!:

[​IMG]

Yes...cheerleaders may be an NFL thang, but we Latinos sure have taken it to the 10th power.

El Chapulin Colorado

20. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Epiphany: Fire _______s dance in white tank tops while being hosed down by a volunteer fire station every halftime. :D

21. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    The physically fit Chivas broads are alright by me...

22. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Member+

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I don't care if there are cheerleaders in every city outside DC, with way other MLS FOs run their teams it would be no wonder to sink to that level LOL

23. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least they got the ands to start trying thing most other teams aren't doing. It may work it may not but at least they are trying.

Wheres all the whining about the KC cheerleaders. Give them credit foir trying. Personally I thnk they will set MLS on fire and wills et new attendence records on the road as smoke the Galaxy at home.

24. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    i thought it was Colorado that had the cheerleaders?

25. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must be reading the fine print, cause I don't see 'disaster' anywhere.

I'm with Northside and others--what's the big deal? For those of you worried about the familes--have you watched an NFL game, say, EVER?