Chiribiga also recieved money apparently re: fifa scandal

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Jefe Esco, May 28, 2015.

1. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://www.elmercurio.com.ec/481229...-segun-diario-el-pais-de-espana/#.VWdnG1DD9Aj

2. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I read the report which was 164 pages long and its public information you can downloaded it here http://www.justice.gov/opa/file/450211/download and the report didn't mention him. Ecuador was named once for the 2023 Copa America being held in Ecuador for bribes of 20 million but it doesn't state to who it went too. only time will tell if something is done to that rat.

damnecuadorian repped this.
  3. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like this son of a bitch is finally going to get tagged!!! When this whole FIFA scandal broke out, I was hoping that Chiriboga was going to be named, but nothing happened until now. We're finally going to rid ourselves from this leach!

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn the images of him getting arrested are pretty shocking! Holy shit. Is his actually happening?! Thank you USA!!! I hope it leads to real change. This is insanity! Lol.

5. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is almost as good as being undefeated in the qualifiers.

6. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He still wants to be president of FEF if that happens I'm turning my weekends over to the MLS games

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's not going anywhere...I believe there's no extradition treaty and as you know he probably already paid the judges and nothing will be found.

8. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The crimes he is being accused of originated in the US and therefore the US has the right to charge him. He is already arrested. I don't know if he will be extradited to the US, but I'm pretty sure his ass is no longer going to be running the FEF.

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah and do you guys really think FIFA will want anyone accused of corruption to be in charge of one of their countries? No way. After this is done Conmebol and Concacaf will change significantly and to prevent further embarrassment they will make sure they put new people in charge everywhere. Remember, this is all about money and when sponsors start pulling their products because of scandals... Everything changes. Sponsors don't want to tarnish their image.

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's hilarious how all of this happened for years, but the culture of leadership across the continent was so tight lipped, that nobody said anything. This is amazing considering how much money gets pumped into these tournaments, how much sponsorship revenue is generated, and the TV deals that can be massive. My point is simple....things will only get out of hand with sponsors if the general public finds out about the corruption, otherwise, they were cool with it, too....and if they weren't cool with it, they at least tolerated it. They totally knew, and likely fueled their greed.

11. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    thank god this sob is finally out of fef,hopefully his minions also resign.I was beginning to think this guy was going to keep his post because of all those corrupt officials in his pocket.whoever takes over the fef needs to be transparent in their dealings and maybe get these officials from provinces without official teams, to not be allowed to vote for future presidents.