Chinese Super League/AFC Champions League 2015

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Congratulations to my fellow Cantonese brothers, next up the Club World Cup! :)

teamdragon repped this.
  2. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Seeing how Roma and even Real Madrid got absolutely slaughtered by Barca, I seriously wonder how well Evergrande will do... as in losing by >5 goals at least

3. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    ? They will not destroy Evergrande in this way. Just will score 2-3 to secure the win and that's enough. Like Bayern did.

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As a Brazilian fan I look forward to see how you guys match up with club America and river plate. What is the expected lineup? Are all the Brazilians fit? Does Rene jr even play? How good is your defense?

5. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Expected XI: Zeng Cheng, Zhang Linpeng, Feng Xiaoting, Kim Young-gwon, Zou Zheng, Zheng Zhi, Huang Bowen, Paulinho, Ricardo Goulart, Elkeson, Zheng Long

All the Brazilian players (Paulinho, Ricardo Goulart, Elkeson) are fit except Alan Carvalho who's still injured. Rene Junior hasn't played for Evergrande since last season and is in the reserve squad.

Zeng Cheng is a solid goalkeeper (and arguably the best Chinese keeper alongside Wang Dalei). Zhang Linpeng is by far China's best defender and one of the best defenders in Asia. Kim Young-gwon is a great defender as well alongside Zhang.

teamdragon and Emperor Adriano repped this.
  6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No Robinho ? I'm surprised Rene jr wouldn't be involved, he sucks offensively but he can destroy, something that might be necessary against these teams.

7. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Robinho wasn't registred to the ACL list. Elkeson was in his place. I don't know what are the rules for CWC. If are like in the AFC the same foreigners will remain I guess.

8. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Depends on if the foreigner rules will be changed for CWC. In AFC, teams are only allowed 3 foreign players in match-day squads, which is why Rene Jr hasn't been in the first team. Robinho was signed after rosters for the knockout stages of the AFC Champions League were finalized, so he wasn't eligible to play. He may be able to for the CWC though, since I assume a new tournament means a new set of registered players.

Hoping not over 3 goals against Barca. Last year's game against Bayern was "respectable" in score line, but the game was pretty much played in Evergrande's half. Hopefully they'll have a few more offensive forays despite losing, though I'm not holding my breath. Not to say Club America are pushovers though, I'd hope we can beat those guys first before thinking about Barca.

teamdragon and Emperor Adriano repped this.
  9. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Honestly Huang Bowen and Elkeson have been pretty bad the first half. I would give Huang 10 more min after the break before he needs to be subbed out for Zheng Long. Sloppy passes in the midfield and pretty poor first touch

10. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Injury Time winner from Paulinho clinches victory for Guangzhou!!!!! Barcelona on Wednesday!

Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  11. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    and what? Guangzhou wins 2-1! The additions of Gao Lin and Yu Hanchao after the hour was such a boon. Evergrande turned it up 5 notches and took it to America! Wow now we got a controversy. Elkeson or Gao Lin as striker for Barca game?

Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  12. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    SO pumped, worth staying up until 4 AM!

Performance in the last 20 minutes was amazing. First half was okay. Li Shuai picked a good day to play well, but still had some pretty damn shaky moments even when collecting the ball. Gao Lin did great after being subbed on, his first pass to Paulinho that set up the cut back was beautiful. Paulinho was pretty invisible until America scored, then really turned it on. Elkeson had an off day, a lot of poor touches and passes... don't even think he got a shot. Feng Xiaoting missed an open net, and is a ticking time bomb on defense. Hopefully they don't get ripped a new one by Barca.

teamdragon and Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  13. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Highlights:

teamdragon repped this.
  14. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zhang Linpeng up against Neymar in the next game!

15. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is there enthusiasm in China after this important win of the Guangzhou vs America ?

16. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Honestly Zhang Linpeng was pretty poor aside from a few dangerous crosses. Lost the ball on numerous occasions in his own half.

17. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

The Gao Lin sub changed the game. The difference between Scolari and that idiot NT coach is Scolari knows when to sub whom. Yu hanchao, Zheng Long, and Gao Lin, three subs that changed the course of the game.

Fushida if you were pumped, now you must be bursting with excitement for Thursday's Barca match. How do you watch the game? TV? Does anyone have a live stream link? I'm thinking about just picking up and going to Yokohama for Thursday's game. Only if I could manage the schedule, and also somehow get a ticket in these late hours.

Fushida and Zhou Jiabao repped this.
  18. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Quite excited, I must admit I was more excited for the America game as it's AFC vs CONCACAF, two federations I care much about. I also like to see wins more than losses! Unfortunately going to Japan isn't an option for me but I'll be streaming it once a link becomes available closer to the day. Definitely not on TV here, in Canada, where you'd be hard pressed to find any global footy on a regular cable channel, other than the Premier League.

Definitely agree with you on the difference between Perrin and Scolari.

I also find it funny because Mexican fans and pretty much the world press are saying America lost rather than GZ win. It's odd because if you even just look at the game stats, GZ was ahead on possession, passing, duels won, and pretty much every other stat other than total shots, and shots on goal. Even then, the majority of America's shots were from outside the box, whereas the majority of GZ's were inside. Granted America hit the crossbar once and should have done much better with a few of the free chances in the box, but Feng Xiaoting did miss an open net, and there were a few sitters missed by Goulart and Elkeson as well... Seems like AFC still got some ways to go to get some real respect. Really hope GZ and Hiroshima can perform well at least, even if they can't win, to get some recognition. Our NTs might suck but not always the clubs!

teamdragon repped this.
  19. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What can be the audience on CCTV 5 for Guangzhou - Barça ?

20. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

5:30 AM CCTV5 my time. No Japan but got the next best thing, a set top box that has CCTV5 on it. Alarm set. Super excited.

But realistically, what do you guys think? Anything better than a 0-3 loss should be viewed as a victory? CCTV5 has some footage of the Guangzhou team preparing for this match. The players don't look like they are about to enter a fight to the death, instead, they seem like they are on vacation already. So, I don't know.

21. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Game on. Messi and Neymar are not playing?

22. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Wow. Barca is dominating.

23. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    FK, dangerous spot just outside of the box. 15'30". Hit the wall. It probably should have been a penalty kick for Barca.

24. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    20th minute, still 0:0. Feels like Guangzhou has already won :)

25. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Finally, Guangzhou is looking like it's here to play ball. Got to remember, even the mighty Barca players are only human. The ones in the pitch anyway :)