Chicago, why are you so quiet? [Section 8 stuff]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by HalaMadrid, Oct 20, 2003.

1. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    How big is your singing crowd? Usually a good megaphone can easily lead a crowd of a few thousand packed together. Here in Basel megaphones are not allowed anymore (because of police issues), but we'll probably be getting a system installed with speakers and a small microphone for the capo so he can announce / start the songs soon.. just as you see them in Milano, Marseille etc. (i still prefer the megaphone though).

And don't forget: ONLY use the megaphone to announce / start songs, DONT sing with it during the whole chant because it sounds awful and it's cheap.. sadly enough, some people never learn this (ever watched a Real Madrid game? 90% of the times you only hear the capo..)

2. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Our singing crowd is around 1,000 I think. But were spread out over four sections now.

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Like Hala said, our megaphone is a small cheap one. We could do with a better one. And definately, we don't sing with the megaphone, just start things off and communicate stuff. Section 8 is definately against amplified singing. You might want to run over to the KC boards and try and teach them this though. ;)

4. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
  5. Does that make Coz the "capo di capi"? ;)

6. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    After seeing "Amadeus" again, I think he should be a kappelmeister
    :)
    pardon my German spelling

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Thank you for bringing up this point.

Section 8 overall hasn't been as good in 2003 as I've seen in it years past-- and this is coming from someone who's been next to section 8, across from section 8, and at the other end of Soldier Field from Section. No matter where I've been, it hasn't been as good as I've seen it in the past.

For my money, I want Mirek leading Section 8, at least I think that's his name, the gentleman with the glasses. When he leads, Section 8 DEFINATELY follows.

8. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I agree.

No offense to Marcin, because he's up there doing his best to lead Section 8 every game. It's just that Mirek is a better leader and when he's up there, Section 8 is ALWAYS on.

9. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound

You can get one that makes you louder than god for about 100$ at radio shack. I am the president of a group at NIU that has this model and its truly been a great investment. I can dig up the exact model number if any one is interested. Its the kind that has the detachable microphone like the po-lice use.

100%,
    -Karl

edit: here's the link http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...541582076C674139E66C98EE723E0CC3956A87016F477

appoved by subversives, reccommended by doctors.

10. Anoldo Schwarzeneggr

Anoldo Schwarzeneggr BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 26, 2003
    Atlanta
    It's a bunch of suburbanites who have heard of Section 8 and think, oh, that is wonderful honey, let's SIT there. It's the in-thing to do.

I say just beat the SH!T out of people who don't sing and then get an attitude about it.

Or put a giant sign by the ticket booth reading:

Section 8 is not for you if:

1. You are offended by foul-language at sporting events

2. You don't participate

3. You are from Arlington Heights, work as an Exec at Motorola, and are in Section 8 because it's the office water-cooler buzz. If you scream your lungs out, then by all means, stay.