Chicago Soul

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Scooge, Jul 5, 2012.

1. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    He's better than the Blast's roving announcer Milquetoast Phil. At least Van gets dressed for the occasion.

2. cdskou

cdskou Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    American indoor soccer. A great game, and a great spectator sport. The Wave, a great club. Let us hope they will survive.

3. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    You know we're deprived for some indoor action when diehards are reduced to "Well, at least my team's PA Announcer can pronounce ALEXANDER FILIPOVIC!" On a related note, I kind of like the concept of the roving/interviewing PA Announcer, as long he doesn't ask YES/NO questions... and he is working on a seven-second delay...

4. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
  5. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    From the Soul on FB:
    as a first year team, it's not easy to announce the roster right away. The other teams have players that are already approved by the league from prior years. Because a lot of our players are new, it's a longer process to get everything organized. In the meantime, we have had our formal press conference and community launch party, during which all of our players were present, so the public still got to see who we have in store. We're also making appearances everywhere throughout the Chicagoland area (as you can see by our pictures). So, we are trying our best to create a buzz. As for the road games, yes, it's quite a challenge to be on the road for the first 7 games, but we don't have control over that—The league creates every team's schedule. We realize it's an uphill battle, but we're going to remain optimistic, practice/prepare hard, turn to our veterans for guidance, and hope for the best! Hang tight, It's going to be a fantastic inaugural season, and we plan to be around for years to come!

cardshopmd and Joey Tee repped this.
  6. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I'm awaiting the announcement with baited breath, but the Soul should have been able to announce its roster (or most of it) by now, considering that the season starts in less than a week. And I don't hear a whole lot of buzz about the Soul, not that I expected much.

7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I don't have any details but the Rockford Rampage tied the Soul 4-4 yesterday at Palantine.

8. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    nope Soul won 5 - 4

9. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Soul sat most of the starters in the 2nd half / Ref was just a guy that works there and it was kind of a rough game but lots of good hustle by both teams. Ritchey sat out 2nd half and had a rookie in the net. Rampage did some of the same.

10. balthrop

balthrop Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Plano, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to clarify which scoring system was used: was the game 5-4, or 5-4 (2-2 in goals)?

11. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    it was played at soccer city with no lines so goals were 1 point each

12. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are excited to announce the addition of five MISL veterans to the squad. Tijani Ayegbusi, Chris Brisson, Will Kletzien, Alexander Megson and Jeff Richey (pictured) will join the club in its inaugural season, which begins this Friday, November 2.
    [​IMG]

13. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    And if they leave NOW, they might still make Syracuse by game time...

14. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
  16. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great Goals for the weekend , but i think the soul will shock us all this year and win a lot more games then you would think

17. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    I think they'll do OK, but history suggests that an expansion team starting with a month of roadies is a recipe for disaster on several fronts... standings, morale, balance sheet...

18. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That may be so but last night proved that they can win ,

19. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Anyone know why Manny Rojas was mutually fired/quit today?

Novi Marojevic is now Head Coach.

He is the third coach in their 9 game history.

20. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    CHICAGO — The Chicago Soul FC announced on Tuesday that in mutual agreement, Manny Rojas will step down as head coach, and Novica “Novi” Marojević will assume head coaching responsibilities effective immediately.

[​IMG]
    “I appreciate all of the hard work and passion Manny put into the team,” said Soul Owner and
    CEO David Mokry. “He is a man of great character and knowledge of the sport. It’s unfortunate that the situation simply did not work out. We hold him in the highest regard and have a great level of respect for him. We wish him nothing but the best.”

Marojević, who possesses over 20 years of professional soccer experience, is set to lead the squad moving forward. The Montenegro native launched his career in his home country, playing for FC Sutjeska, FC Radnicki, FC Partizan, FC Vozdovac and FC Celik. He accumulated two national championships while playing for FC Sutjeska. He was also a member of the Montenegro National Soccer Team, and voted Best Junior Player in Montenegro during the 1989-1990 season.

Upon arriving to the United States, Marojević joined the Kansas City Attack for a nine-year stint, earning a championship in 1996. In 2004, Marojević joined the Chicago Storm. He then went on to play for the Detroit Ignition in 2006, Rockford Rampage in 2008, and finally, the Chicago Riot in 2011.

21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have an autographed Novi Chicago Riot jersey! Not many can say that. Probably.

GoStorm repped this.
  22. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff Kraft is now the assistant coach. So I guess he is head coach of the Rampage and assistant with the Soul. He has been around the team since pre-season.

23. SheHateMe

SheHateMe Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't there some guys playing on both teams?