Chicago Fire New Stadium (Photos)!!!!

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by mouseboy33, Oct 19, 2004.

1. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    The site clearing is almost complete. The village of BridgeView had to remove some former industrial structures that were on the site. But as of this past weekend. They were razed, not sure if they have dug up the foundations as of yet. But more site-prep is expected to continue through the winter. Before this flurry of stadium activity, most supporters were all for the British-style football ground. Now with the height of the seats and the inclusion of the benches will make HarlemBridge the most "european" of all the stadiums in the MLS.

2. kingjackdaniel

Jul 16, 2004
    Dyer, IN
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mentioned something about the height ofthe seats. Are the front rows of the stadium level with the playing field? Or were you speaking of something else?

3. kingjackdaniel

Jul 16, 2004
    Dyer, IN
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 feet off the ground? Awesome. where did you get this info from?

4. kingjackdaniel

Jul 16, 2004
    Dyer, IN
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    6 inches off the ground? Even better! This stadium is starting to sound like what i wanted. Thank god for intelligent management like Peter Wilt!

This stadium truly sounds like it will be a soccer cathedral! Can't wait!

5. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Speaking as a guy who sits at the half line in the second row of the club level....please, find me my view at Bridgeview.

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wilt said they will have a second level on the west side which would be comparable to the club level at SF.

7. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    no, i didn't. The structural support needed for a balcony is cost prohibitive, so the second level on the west side will be comparable to HDC's.

Unfortunately, their will be no view in BV as good as the club level at Soldier Field - which i believe is the best view for soccer of any stadium in the US.

peter

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter-I know you didn't say the second level at Bridgeview would be comparable to the club at SF, I am saying that. I know the second level at HDC and at Bridgeview will be set a little farther back than the club level at SF but I think it will be close to the view that the SF club has now.No you won't be as close to the field but the height appears about the same which makes for a great perspective. I meant to say only that you said there would be a second level in the Bridgeview stadium.

9. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago

Aye, and while I am sad that my view (which makes me giddy as a schoolgirl at matches) will not be present in Bridgeview....I accept the reality of the economics of the situation and don't believe I would have done any differently if they were my decisions to make.

It's a bit sad to lose that element of NSF for our use...but my pie-in-the-sky attitude leave me hoping that at some point down the line if stadium expansion gets onto the table that the economics involved at that point would be more ammenable to such a stadium setup.

10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not going to look that sweet when no one is sitting there.

11. kenosha

kenosha New Member

Sep 19, 2001
    West Vancouver, BC
    Does anyone know if there are plans to have the 'Chicago Fire' incorporated into a section of the seats, so when the stadium is empty it creates a great brand identifier?

Many stadia in England and Germany do this along the sides and it not only looks cool, but also is a great way to publicize the team, especially when non-Fire events take place there.

12. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe they are planning this with one side chicago the other fire.

13. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi pete, I sit in the first row at soldier field section 209 at the halfline and i know exactly what you mean. the club level is awsome.

But, then again, SF is not the House of Fire, and that means more to me.

Hey, can I sit above the field strapped to a bungee cord? Just askin, FIRE2005