Chicago @ DC United, Sat 1 Nov, 6.30p CT [Post match] RESULT

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by willydonc, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Finally Razov with the overdue second goal in stoppage time. Great match all around in taking care of business.

2. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    that second goal is awesome

damn
    damn

3. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those of you with the shootout package heard it... maybe... but in the break, when we can still hear the audio of the broadcast booth... Jack Edwards said, "Ryan Nelsen should be thrown off the end of a pier." Cracked me up.

A good win... looking forward to 11/9. I hope I can get out of work on time for the noon start.

4. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    goal descriptions

for those of us listening on the radio, waiting for the FSC replay tonight, describe the goals.

5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Scared the hell out of my wife yelling at the Razov goal. Hopefully, we won't even need it next week, but it's nice to have.

It ain't over though. It's only halftime.

6. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Also great job by the Fire fans who went to DC. Following the Razov goal you could clearly hear the 'Fire, Fire, Fire Fire Fire" chant on the radio feed.

7. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    And Zach got an assist (his first of the year) on Razov's goal. How sweet it is!

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice assist by razov on first great goal by Andy and then some real nice ball control by razov to put in second goal.

9. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    hmm

mlsnet is saying andy's goal was unassisted

10. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Sigh...I can breathe now!
    -Is it just me, or did that game seem to be going in slow motion?

-Great possession the whole game.

-Thank goodness for that second goal. Razov deserved it, he worked incredibly hard the entire 90 minutes.

-I would be embarassed to be a DC fan right now. I've seen five year olds play better defense than that.

-Dema. I am speechless. What a tool. Hacking at Razov early in the game. Throwing the ball at Armas's crotch. He really took himself out of the game tonight mentally. Not that I don't mind!

-Jesse Marsch splitting Etcheverry and Hristo in the 11th minute. Hilarious They both just looked at each other....stunned.

-Even though I'm not a fan of Sean Wheelock, I had to laugh at this comment, "You are probably not going to get the advantage rule if you committed the foul, Bobby Con-VAY."

11. Turk from Pigs Eye

Turk from Pigs Eye New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Pigs Eye (St. Paul),
    The Andy Williams goal was a rocket. He hit two like that tonight.

12. The7Shirt

The7Shirt New Member

May 10, 2002
    Evansville, IN
    Next Game at Soldier?

Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I really want to catch the fire at Soldier Field. Assuming they hold out in the second leg, when will they be back at Soldier? Thanks for the help?

Kyle

13. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Next Game at Soldier?

Yes.

Stoichkov needs to retire.

I'm watching the archived game on Yahoo now. The goal was sweet, the game is intense and I'm glad we got that second goal. That was a really good offside call on Cerritos' discounted goal, but we're lucky they got it right. Game-changer.

I'm glad Andy Williams came through for us, I've always liked the guy.

Let's bury them at SF (and on ESPN2). Hot. I never had any doubt we'd come out of this game in good shape, but this is excellent shape...

14. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good game. Great effort by our guys through the whole game. Horrible officiating in the second half. It should have been at least 3-0, and DC should have been playing with 10 men. Other than that, it was a good game. The guys played very well.

15. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    10 men? try 8,

Valenzuela should have been tossing them for dissent if nothing else. Almost 2 full minutes after his card and Hristo was still in the ref's face yelling.

A yellow card is supposed to mean you are in danger of being removed from the match, not holy dispensation to kill whomever you want without mercy.

16. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
  17. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to the DC guys who did PBP and invited Fire fans to their AIM chatroom. It sucked having to read PBP, but it was nice to at least have something.

Observations:
    1. Jack Edwards is a stupidface
    2. Kenny Stern should be shot and burried in a hole somewhere.
    3. "Climb the Ladder" 59th minute.
    4. DC played Whack-the-Fire for a good portion of the night. While I got tired of KS and JE repeating it over and over, it did make the game ugly.
    5. Overall a good game by the Men in Red.
    6. When Andy Williams shows up he is a huge asset.
    7. Razov is a pure striker and his goal showed us that, but he worked his ass off all game and had some big midfield plays offensively and defensively.
    8. Ralph was kind of unsung, but had an OK game...needs to practice his headers this week.
    9. I don't like the following DC players: Kovalenko, Stoitchkov, Nelson, Petke, Satan, and Namoff.
    10. Valenzuela did a pretty bad job if only for his non-calls. A majority of the calls he made were correct.
    11. Jaqua is a great sub.
    12. In my mind; Boca, Pope, and Curtin and the 3 standout canidates for DOTY. Curtin is often overlooked, but might have done the best job of the three this year.
    13. The Fire play good soccer.
    14. Beasley needs one more year in MLS.
    15. Ok, lets just shoot both Edwards and Stern, and bury them in a hole somewhere (maybe under the center circle at Crew Stadium).

18. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    You didn't see the FSW feed of the match. Wheelock and Harkes made Jack and Kenny sound like Simon and Garfunkle. :)

19. Matteo

Matteo New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    will there be a re-broadcast of this game on fsw or fsc? i set the vcr, but the game never taped.

20. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    Good to see Williams score....and that goal was just incredible.

Anyone else hear Dave yelling "Murder!!" after that Dema foul on Ante? But we had to expect that from Dema..."Is Playoffs" after all.

Nothing more demoralizing than a goal in stoppage time of the first leg. Wont take much to finish business on Sunday.

21. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing :)

22. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FIRE! FIRE! FIRE FIRE FIRE!
    Li-Li-Li-Li-Li-Li-Li Li-Li-Li!

23. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think so. Soccertv.com had one listed for Tuesday at 3pm EST. I'm hoping to take advantage of that as well...

24. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    at some point in the near future, MLS is going to have to doi something about the jackasses officiating these games. and the effing jackasses announcing them as well, as long as they're going to give pathetic teams like DC a free pass by calling dirty, cheap play "hard-nosed" and *#*#*#*# like that. I was utterly disgusted by DC's cynical play the entire match. From the opening whistle they fouled every single Fire player they ever got close to. Dead on whoever said they should have been down to 8 men - and that was just after the first 20 minutes. DC and Ray Hudson are embarassments to the league, and the heart and determination the Fire showed for the full 98 minutes was an joy to behold. The whining, crying, fouling, cheap-shotting bastardos from the capital only got what they deserved when Razov, in what can only be termed a mysteriously large amount of injury time (aside: NOTHING happened in the second half, yet the ref found some way to add 4 minutes? I'm gonna go Ollie Stone here and assume the league office called the Ref and asked him to give DC a chance to tie. F***ER.), so very cooly stuck the dagger in. I wonder what it's like to be a fan of a team that plays such shite, and thank god we've never had to watch the fire decide to cheat for 90 minutes. really, really pathetic BS from DC as they were completely dominated and destroyed by a much much classier side. I hope United's plane crashes somewhere over Indiana next weekend. *#*#*#*#*#*#*#s.

m

25. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Isn't that a bit harsh?