Cheyo shooting

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Tweaked, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    Anyone else notice that Cheyo's (Q2) new favorite shot is a dribble down right side of the box, cut it back to the corner of the box and then ripping a wicked slicing ball at the left top corner of the goal. I wonder if that's something Marco has been helping him out with.

2. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    I also noticed he had a tough time staying on his feet. He mustve slipped/fallen at least 4 times in the game...

3. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    well, from where i sat during the WWC match on Saturday, the field still looked in decent condition, but on Sunday it looked pretty bad. That could have been part of his problem.

4. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    maybe this is why a left footed mid fielder prefers to play on the right wing... he probably has a better chance beating a keeper with that shot because of the curve he puts on it than he would with a direct shot from the left side of the field.

5. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I screamed at Q2 to WASTE TIME at one point, and he didn't do it! If he doesn't understand English well, that would've helped. The Metros goalie heard me!! He wasted PLENTY of time

Why can't our team WASTE TIME?? Just hold on to the ball and fall when you're hit for a foul. We were up a man........just spread out and play keep-away using the extra guy

Just makes you wonder why at home w/all the momentum, them w/out Guevera and Mathis, that we couldn't easily finish that game out. How many free kicks did they get near the goal at the end of the game-my God man

6. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Part of the shot/cutback is that he always leans back while he's shooting so the shot is always errant. I doubt that Marco's helped him with that.

7. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    When I saw the thread title, I thought the kid had been shot! Guess I'm a regular Washingtonian now. :rolleyes:

8. BroonAleMagpie

BroonAleMagpie New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Yeah, my first thought too. Like, "Auugghh! *Another* of our players out injured?" :)

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Re: Re: Cheyo shooting

Unfortunately the El Salvador friendly wasn't on TV or you could've seen the same type of shot he put on goal. The keeper had come out of the net and Q2 intercepted it and placed the ball looping into the upper corner. The Salvadoran keeper proceeded to make one of the most ridiculous saves I've ever seen.

10. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    That was a crazy ass save...one of many from the Sallie's goalkeeper!