(Cherundolo) Hannover 96 vs VFL Bochum [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by 96Squig, Oct 30, 2004.

1. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    looks good so far... Stajner had to leave the squad after scoaring 2 goals last week for 'dolo's return...
    Mathis didn't make the squad as far as I know... :-(

[Edit] Tooor hannover 1 Bochum 0 by Christiansen[/edit]

2. pivo6

pivo6 New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Brainerd, MN
  3. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And it was prepared by 'dolo btw...
    Hannover would be 6th spot, one more goal by Schalke or Hannover and we'd be 5th...

4. pivo6

pivo6 New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Brainerd, MN
    HT

Hannover 1 : 0 Bochum

5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Hannover are now 2 up - Stendel with the Tor

6. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Unreal, completely unreal!
    I would have loved to be in the stadium today, I hate work!

7. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Interesting would be, how does München loosing in Gladbach affect us next weekend? they either are a total mess, bad for us, or they have to show it to everybody and kick our butts...
    well, whatever, I like it when it's messy at bayern's... ;-)

8. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    3 0 Leandro
    Juhuuuu!

9. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I'd really love to play Liverpool next year in the UEFA cup! :D
    Bye, I'm off!

10. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found this on ESPN.COM about the first goal:

"....defender Steve Cherundolo supplied a perfect cross for Christiansen, who finished off with a close-range volley."

11. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yap, was very nice to watch!

12. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Who needs a perfect cross when you do a stepover instead.

Signed: Frankie.

13. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Why would Hannover need Mathis - they're a firking goal machine without him!

14. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just imagine about Mathis scoring 2 goals a game... Than you see why we could use him...
    http://www.hannover96.de/MODULES/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=4190061#4190061
    Lienen explained in an interview today why we don't use him atm, all u wanna know in that thread in the official hannover 96 board...

15. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Squig, I checked out that thread. What Mathis said at the "watch incident," without a doubt in my mind, was "about fvckin' time!!" He did NOT say anything about "respect."

16. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Agree with you 100% Superdave.
    Mathis was disrespectful to be sure... but he didn't say anything about respect...
    Mathis definitely said "about f___ing time!"

Maybe the biggest dissappointment I have over the past couple months is that I didn't tape that show on FSW to have this clip posted.

Imagine me scoring 2 goals a game... would you sign me? Personally I think I look great in these imaginary games :D
    Why would you picture Mathis scoring 2 goals a game? How many multiple games has he had this season?

17. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hannover
  18. king_boris

king_boris New Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Germany
    mathis was running towards lienen, pointing on his arm and saying "about ********in' time". later when his team mates had reached him he stopped and repeated "no respect" several times.

theý showed the incident again on german tv yesterday, because lienen was interviewed in the show "Aktuelles Sport Studio". so im 100% sure.

19. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Fact is that we are playing more agressive and less defense than against Bielefeld and Schalke. And fact is that Mathis isn't that good as an attacking mdfielder but rather a forward, at least that#s where he played before he cmae to hannover. he didn't do so well here as a 10, so he could play as a forward again, that together with the team playing great atm could give him 2 goals/game...
    But then again he has to get his butt on the chair again and work hard! If he doesn't do that he just won't play, and therefore can't proove my theory... ;-)

20. king_boris

king_boris New Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Germany
    Stevie to the rescue:

[​IMG]

21. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hannover
  22. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Re: http://www.96soccer.com/

Cherundolo rated 3 by local paper NEUE PRESSE and kicker.

23. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca

I couldn't find on Kicker site (maybe someone else can), but if you look at cumulative ratings to date, Stevie is likely in the top 15 or so of all defenders in the BL. His final year in BL2, he was in a similar category (around 10-15). But his 1st 2 years in the BL were a struggle- in part due to Rangnick formation. Just another indication that Stevie has really raised his game in last 3 years......

He had a 4,5 the first 2 games, and has been in the 3s ever since...

Kicker ratings are partially BS, but one more data point to show there is really something good going on w/Stevie, Hannover, etc.

Another data point is that Rangnick wants him, despite the fact Hannover had a porous defense during Rangnick, and eventually Rangnick got fired. Rangnick knew and appreciated what Stevie was going thru (stress) on his side- and knew some, quite a few of those goals were not Stevie's, but the system's fault...

24. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA

Not top 15--top 25 (tied with two others at #22). Mertesacker is in the top 10, and Cherundolo and teammate Michael Tarnat are tied at #22. Wolfsburg defenders are #1 and #3 :)

BTW, if you want another data point, D is #4 among MFs :)

Let me add my two cents on another subject: Cherundolo should stay with Hannover. Easy for me to say, since I don't know what kind of compensation we're talking here, but Schalke is a club that needs to win now, and has heavily invested in its roster. Cherundolo will get no grace period there, as he did in his first couple years in the 1.BL with Hannover. It will be perform or be benched (see Rodriguez--I think that's his name--a Uruguayan right back who was bought after the 2002 WC and has largely struggled with Schalke). Plus, consider with NT commitments, he will have a harder time holding down a starting spot with a new club than one where he is an established starter.

25. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca

Geez, did you go add them up (all players?). I wasn't going to do that, and couldn't find it on the site.

If Schalke is offering considerably more green, I wouldn't blame Stevie for going..this next contract is likely his big one..

Otherwise, yeah- its probably a toss-up...

good luck to wolfsburg....I just don't see them (similar to hannover) staying where they are, and I expect those ratings will slip (but we'll see) :)
    I think you guys will snag the last UEFA spot, however