Cheney in hospital

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by sch2383, Nov 13, 2004.

1. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    CNN is reporting Cheney has gone to GW Hospital with shortness of breath. He is supposed to have had a cold, but with his heart problems you can never be sure.

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Best wishes to our great Vice-President.

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/13/cheney/index.html

CNN -- Vice President Dick Cheney is undergoing tests at George Washington University Hospital after experiencing shortness of breath, the White House said Saturday.

It is unknown whether Cheney, who has a history of heart problems, will be admitted. Dan Bartlett, White House communications director, said Cheney has been suffering from a cold recently.

Because it was unclear if his shortness of breath was related to the cold or not, and given his history of heart disease, it was the recommendation of the White House medical unit that he go to the hospital for tests

5. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over the top. Do not become your Adversary to try to defeat him; this is, in fact, the way of this Adversary, and look where it takes him.

No, if you actually looked at the behaviour of the Adversary, and simply did the opposite thing in all your thoughts, words and deeds, you'd be fine. Smiling at the man's life under threat is not treading that path.

Since your heart is in the right place normally though, I gave the neg rep for that post to Ian, on GP.

6. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    God bless you, Mel.

7. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Let me guess, Captain Kirk? Dude, you need a vacation from sci-fi & comic books.

8. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow. Mel Brennan neg-repped me for wishing the Vice President well. I can only conclude that he wishes the VP the opposite of best wishes (i.e. death).

9. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the world would be a better place without him.

10. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best wishes to Cheney. I predicted a few weeks ago he might not last these four years, but I didn't really mean it.

11. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    When Mr. Edwards' wife's medical situation came out after the election, no ill will was expressed towards him or her by opponents.

Of course, with Mr. Cheney not feeling well...

Could this be an example of the morals and values the American people were talking about on election day?

12. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Go fvck yourself.

13. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be more appropriate to compare Mrs Chenney to Mrs Edwards wouldn't it? I wouldn't wish anything bad for Mrs Chenney either. Now if Mr Chenney had to resign for health reasons....

14. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sssshhhh... don't clue them in. We want them to keep losing elections due to their own blindness.

16. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He actually looks like he's having a heart attack right there. Or maybe a wank.

Probably a wank.

17. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I won't wish any harm to anybody, his family are certain to be concerned and scared.
    Get well soon Snarlin' Dick.

I got a bad rep from some fool for saying something similar about Arafat...Hmmmm...!!!

18. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you.

19. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Learn to read. I neg-repped astab0ot's post, but because his/her posts in general reflect some hope, and you are generally without it, I gave his duly deserved neg-rep to you on GP.

For which I was neg-repped by "quicksand," so it's all good.

20. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Only somone who reads comics and watches sci-fi - exclusively - would think that the notion of the Adversary actually springs from those sources, and is not aped by them. I actually came to understand the notion of the Adversary in 1980, at the age of ten, when my Godfather handed me Milton.

Not that I hate on comic books, or sci-fi: My father (an incredible artist who, being turned down for job after job in the '50s for the mistake of sketching while black, became a Philly cop) kept NM versions of some very valuable ones, which along with my collection and some transfer scholarships put me through college after I left USAFA.

But while I'm a Frank Miller and Ursula K. LeGuin sort of fella, you probably think Larry Niven is the best thing put to cut-down trees, and that Ron Marz can write...at all.

There's also the possibility that you have no idea what you're referring to in slighting those genres, in terms of quality, shite, or anything else, which of course would be indicative of the "knowledge" you've demonstrated throughout your prodigious BS posting adventure.

21. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to hear it, although I thought more of you than to guess that you would read Ian, and not the thread, where I make it clear that rooting (or, more accurately, smiling) at any man's death is condemnable, and sets one down the path of becoming the evil we think we rail against.

But whatever. Back to work.

22. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002