Chelski League: Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BridgeMonkee, Nov 8, 2003.

1. paulo

paulo Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Atlanta
    draft

We need to set a time after the transfer window closes (Jan31 I think). And just have a free for all or we could randomly assign a draft order and give everyone the option to make a move or to decline.

I am okay with either, however we need to first set a date when to start to allow transactions involving players added in the window. And if we are going to assign draft positions (random numbers and such) we would need to do that right away (like Monday). It looks like people are leaning towards the free-for-all. And that may be our only option if we wait much longer.

if we are going to have a draft order and we need to choose 3 digit numbers here is mine (734). We could start the draft after midnight on the 31st of January and probably finish before the end of the week ( I forecast a maximum of two rounds) That way we can get our changes in before the gameweek closes.

If we are voting on day and time to go live with a free-for-all, I suggest, Feb 2 at 10:00A (EST) The gameweek closes 1/31 at 11:30 (UK time). So there may still be transfers that take place up until midnight on the 31st so we shouldn't cut it so close by going live on the day that the gameweek closes. I chose 2/2 because some people don't get online much over the weekend. These are what I think are most fair however if anyone can give good reason why we might want to do a draft before gameweek closes on the 31st I could probably be talked into anything.

2. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    i'm not even sure there's anyone i wanna buy....

should we go for a draw, i'll have 246

3. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    I still think it should be first come first serve, but if not I choose 486.

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, to be fair to everyone i would suggest the original numbered draft policy.

We can't all be on line at the same time, if at all on certain days - not to mention the time diference for Miko.

i would also take it that anyone who doesn't post in this thread does not wish to participate.

5. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

i go wid flow

6. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    i'm down

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: i'm down

I think anyone with a "record" loses their right to draft ;)

8. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    Do I have to register

as a "Convicted Chat Site Offender" on every thread now or will I be allowed to live in peace and contribute to society again at some point?

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Do I have to register

They're only temps mate, given out to make a point.

10. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    So it's like I'm on parole?

When I am up for review? I really have no problem with it. It's not such a bad deal being infamous.

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: So it's like I'm on parole?

That is %100 up to the supermod who issued the card.
    Usually they aren't for long at all - like i said, they're more to make a point than "punishment".

12. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    B Wing is up in arms over this

I think it should go down on his permanent record :)

is death row a possibility here?
    does he need legal representation?

13. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Everyone knows that chicks love the "bad guy".

:)

On the topic of the new transfers, I like the idea of having one draft round and then a free for all. I think the draft order should be the reverse of the current table, not that I'm biased or anything.

:D

But if you insist on doing another drawing, then my number shall be: 100

14. paulo

paulo Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Atlanta
    I actually would be in support of this. Basically, I don't think anyone has any real strong feelings on this. So, I nominate ClanBlue to just decide on what we are all going to do.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, to be quite honest, and seeing as one player (especially if captained) can make a world of difference to a weekly score - i would prefer to make the league more interesting by allowing the bottom team to pick first and so on up the table.

Everybody gets one shot, then it's a free for all.

16. paulo

paulo Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Atlanta
    I knew my nomination would bring a wise recommendation. Make a rank order. Set a date. Its cool with me.

17. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    At the end of the transfer window the table is as follows:

1: Chelsea Munich (miko)
    2: Thornhurst Blues (Clanblue)
    3: Beanotown Blues (bmw9983)
    4: Toffees XI (Scouse)
    5: Shoe Suede Blues (Paulo)
    6: The White Horse Crew (mst77)
    7: CFC KGB Connection (spectra)
    8: Dynamo Daylight (BridgeMonkee)
    9: Eager Street Blues (Lowecifer)
    10: Boston Blur (GPK)

So I guess the draft order is:

1: GPK
    2: Lowecifer
    3: BridgeMonkee
    4: spectra
    5: mst77
    6: Paulo
    7: Scouse
    8: bmw9983
    9: Clanblue
    10: miko

So, when you ready GPK? If anyone doesn't want to pick just say so in your post.

18. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nice to be near the top for a change :)

No exciting NEW strikers seem to be availbale for the Dynamo Daylight board to sign in this window. No Kluiverts or Donovans or such, seem to have signed up for English clubs in the transfer window. Ho-Hum, looking forward to next year.

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Is 10 teams too many?
    There isn't anyone left really after all the teams are filled up - or does that make it more of a challenge?

Last season we had 8 teams on the other league and not a single week went by without transfers such was the availability of undrafted players.

20. paulo

paulo Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Atlanta
    I think it is challenging this way. You have to snatch up a good player coming off of injury. Or you may consider keeping them on the bench until they are better. You watch who the others drop. But, there is not a lot of movement from one week to the next between the table. After the first month of the season, we all settled into either the top third the bottom third or the middle third and besides jostling within those groups. I don't think anyone has gone from worst-to-first. And I will be surprised if the winner at the end of the season comes from anyone besides miko or Clanblue (maybe bmw). I guess it kind of is like the real tables of the premiership.

so we are waiting on GPK and I do not want to give up my draft pick. I have to do some research and check the numbers to see if I can make a few things work.

21. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Move to the next person...if he wanted to pick he would have done so by now!

22. Luther Blissets

Luther Blissets New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Lowecifer yer on the clock

I need to get in soon, as I'm off to London for the weekend - Yep I'm going to Chelsea V Charlton :D

23. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Give him untill tonight - if he hasn't picked then you're up first thing tomorrow.

For the record i pass. (and i hate you ;))

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  25. paulo

paulo Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Atlanta
    Re: Lowecifer yer on the clock

wait a second. did i miss something? which team is yours?