Chelsea vs Liverpool-League Cup Final-Feb 25 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Suss, Feb 23, 2024.

1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #401 SamScouse, Feb 26, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    I've read that Dom had repeated arguments with the physios, insisting he was ready and able to play on Sunday but they overruled him. we'll see him vs Soton for sure I think, even just off the bench.

soccershaggy repped this.
  2. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Pity Nunez won’t be available; Uruguay have called him up for the 110m hurdles.

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LFC are planning to enter him for the Grand National.

Samarkand repped this.
  4. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Klopp has now used 97 players in the EFL Cup since he joined Liverpool in 2015.

..... wow.

5. Binomial

Binomial Member

Liverpool
    Andorra
    Feb 5, 2024
    Champppppppppppion champppppppppppppppppion champppppppppppppppppion

Ole ole ole!!!!

One kiss is all it takessss, fallin' in love with may.....the possibilitaaaaaaaaay
    I LOOK LIKE ALL YOU NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeeeed from desireeeee, mind and senses purified freeeeedfrom desiree.

Na na nan ananananananananan annanan ananan

6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-rules-out-klopp-u-turn-after-carabao-cup-win
    Gomez said the support Liverpool received from their fans was also a factor in pushing a depleted team over the line and was a marked contrast to the backing for Chelsea. “I’m not one for cliches but I think we have the best fans in the world,” he said. “It’s a 50-50 stadium but it’s evident how superior our fans are in comparison. I hope they realise that and how much it means to us. You see the opposite side [Chelsea] and they need that boost and we just get it and it helps us so much. That is one thing we are all grateful for.

7. Lemmyfaith

Lemmyfaith Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Lol, Pep and co are wondering when the Carabao Cup became so special, due to our celebrations. They will never understand, what if feels like to walk through a storm together, united, resolute, this is not just a Club, it is family!! Watching your younger siblings achieving things. To them it is just a Cup, to us it is not just a Cup, it is a journey travelled. There is no party like a Liverpool victory party it is real, pure and unadulterated, not contrived like the copycats. Eat your hearts out!!

soccershaggy, Suss, hubbabubba and 4 others repped this.
  8. Binomial

Binomial Member

Liverpool
    Andorra
    Feb 5, 2024
    Any silverware won goes down in history forever......then it's up to that club to decide how that history will be remembered, if we treasure it equal to European royalty then that's how it'll be remembered. Or if we do it by setting an unprecedented record of fielding 6-7 u21 players then it automatically becomes 10x more special.

9. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    They don't get Liverpool and never will. Plus, it's not just any league cup, it's Klopp's swan song and the occasion of a bunch of academy kids beating the billion pound plastics. It's a big, big deal.

oikos and Samarkand repped this.
  10. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Right, it’s club, family and history that brings a city together though some hard times.
    Compared to a collection of expensive purchases who happen to play well together. Luck really because that same formula is not working for the Chavs or Barcodes.

11. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A good piece on the tactics by 442

Mabee, B.A., delaynomo and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Ta. Excellent.

13. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Interesting little thing. Going into the stadium, I saw 2 Japanese women queuing up together. Bucket list thing I thought for traveling Japanese 20 somethings. On the concourse, a few more peppered about. By the time I got to my seat, I’m going to say 30+ Japanese people around the place. All there, I’m presuming, for Endo.

Which leads me to think that (pun intended) Liverpool are going to be big in Japan for as long as Endo is about. If the game was more popular there, I’d say a pre-season tour would pay dividends.

15. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    CHAMPIONS!

What a game for the kids!
    Kelleher was immense - and saved the game more than once
    Our backline, with young Conor was rock solid
    Enough has been said about Endo - but he had a massive game
    Tough one for RG - unbelievable that there was not even a foul called on that play.
    Diaz and Harvey have some attitude!

All the youngin's that came on late played great and added just what was needed to get over the line.

And, yes, the crowd supporting the Reds was unbeilievable - especially that five minutes into extra time...I knew that (the crowd) was going to play a part as soon as I saw the pregame shot of the blue plastic flags that were probably handed out as the ¢hel$ea supporters walked in the stadium

Onward

YNWA

Samarkand and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  16. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    More VAR Cr@p......

The raison d'etre of bloody VAR is to spot unspotted instances of serious foul play. Our resident experts tell us that intentionality does not matter in this set-up. So, that's the end of it - Caicedo should have been off. Miss the ball by a yard with a crunching stomp or crash onto an opponent's leg or foot - then when the opponent is stretchered off, VAR do yer analysis of whether or not that was a serious foul, ya set of great plonkers.

personally I would change the rule here so that an actual injury can be looked at for a yellow or a red. Not just a red. A yellow would have been fairer here, but since by the rules it had to be a red once the ref missed it, then it should have been red.

17. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here's extended highlights with interesting camera angles and just the crowd noise

Samarkand and asitis repped this.
  18. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    #418 Samarkand, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    Funny story from one of the guys on Sunday. February 2011 Liverpool were drawn against Sparta Prague in the UEFA Cup. Draw was made in December. Return leg away February 17th.

He knew he’d have a very hard time with the wife getting away with a midweek trip to Prague, as he had been to so many games that season already (Europe and League), but he did get a match ticket. So he booked airline and hotel mid-December without telling his wife figuring he’d build up to it, lay the groundwork in January. Work project, might need to go to Prague etc. Plausible, he’d probably get away with it. But wait until after Christmas to start laying the groundwork.

Christmas comes. His wife’s present to him? A romantic weekend away in Prague first weekend of February! (Plus the Liverpool game was the most boring 0–0 draw he ever went to). :)

19. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He mustn't have gone to the Anfield Barcelona game in 2002 or 03 then.... the one where only Begrer and Heskey barely ventured over the halfway line...