Chelsea vs Liverpool FC - FA Cup - Mar 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Mar 1, 2020.

1. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Milner and firmino on

2. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    they do nothing with the possession anymore, no one dribbles, this is a rutt especially if we dont beat bournemouth

3. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    should be 3-0

4. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one consistent thing these last couple of games is the speed of interplay, and accuracy, has been much lower. These guys need to have a fire lit under their butts...

B.A. repped this.
  5. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    Forgot what it feels like to celebrate a goal we score

B.A. repped this.
  6. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    We've folded like a house of cards and here I was thinking there's going to be a reaction to what happened at Watford.

What a god awful time to lose our Mojo.

We look bereft of ideas and how we are 22 points ahead in the Premiership I do not know,cause we look like a pale pale shadow of that December team.

Believing our own hype?...Bournemouth and Atletico to get our Season back on track or its going to be a Depressing ride home.

YNWA.

7. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let's just face it hendo is more important to this team than any of us imagined

usscouse repped this.
  8. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Not me!
    Early in the season oppo attacks used to try and fill behind Trent then Hendo filled that hole and used it to start our attacks.
    There’s nobody there now who can open the field up with his passing

B.A. and ewibe repped this.
  9. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    last 2 games 0 goals scored 5 conceeded.

like i said the play of this team right now is too slow and no one (accept mane) is trying to make it happen.

out of the cup early again under klopp

10. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently so.

The team should be embarrassed right now.

What a pathetic run of late.

11. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    one shitty cross into the box after another.

12. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the only speed on the field is by our opponents when we turnover the ball, apart from that its 65-70% of nothing, everyone is faltering.

B.A. repped this.
  13. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #62 Red Bird, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Recall the mid season slump which cost us last season? It came after a similar break in mid season. By the time we got our rhythm back we’d conceded ground to City and never regained the lead again. I’m glad we are 22 points ahead, otherwise it would be the same story all over again. We don’t just handle these interruptions well at all. Kloppp has to figure out why especially if the mid season break he yearns for becomes a permanent fixture.

Those who blamed Keita and Lovren for the last few games will have a new scapegoat tonight, I’ll warrant. Except, I don’t think it’s about one player at all. Rather, collectively we’ve been diabolical for some time.

14. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Can’t win if you don’t score… Two more goals allowed!

Is the season coming to an end?
    Nah...they’ll get back on track...hopefully sooner than later!

15. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Neco did well, mane did well Lallana had a decent first half not much more positive to take from this.
    We need to step up big time against atletico

16. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Minamino still needs time use him as sub and play him every league game once the title is secured.

17. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    exactly.

Norwich and Westham papered over the cracks, there is no dynamism in this team right now we are like a text book team, almost boring to watch, the only excitement is created by our defenders when it looks like they are going to turn over the ball.

no idea whats going to happen with bournemouth, no idea wouldnt be surprised if we lost again.

18. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    next break Klopp better keep them in Liverpool training and not flying out

delaynomo and B.A. repped this.
  19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We let the team take an offseason vacation in the middle of the F'n season. Obviously, people who get paid a disgusting amount of money know better than I do but I don't understand why we do this. Yeah, there's no games and you need to rest guys but come on. Don't lose focus. This is just sad and I'm slightly alarmed.

20. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #69 newterp, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Maybe we will hit form this weekend or next Wednesday? That will be about a month since our winter break? :thumbsdown:

21. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I absolutely detest losing to the Chavs. It's the first time this season I've been thoroughly annoyed watching us play. Outworked , outmuscled and more than one of our players bullied by Chelsea today.

Hopefully Bournemouth will see us get back on track.

22. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I was very unimpressed when I saw everyone was taking off all over the world for a holiday.

23. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    OK vacations over kids. No more late curfews and sweaty wet dreams. Back to work. Like right now.

B.A. repped this.
  24. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's how long it took us to regain form last season, was it not? There was an improvement last night although I wonder how much of that was to do with the fact that Chelsea was set out to attack. We just kept finding Arrizabalaga with our shots.

Next!

25. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    I said in the Watford thread that I was concerned about the form shown since the break, wondering if it was like the software question - is this a bug or now a feature?

Since the break, we’ve played 5.
    P 5
    W 2
    D 0
    L 3
    F 4
    A 8

We’ve been shutout 3 times away from home, which hasn’t happened in a long time.

A team doesn’t get horrible or excellent overnight, but to partially answer my own question, I’ve faith in Klopp and the team to make this run seem like a bug, but it can so easily become a feature.

For morale, etc., we will need to beat Bournemouth, not necessarily comprehensively, but certainly without any doubts. Otherwise, the Atletico game is looking to be fraught with disappointment.

26. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    As some of the posters have mentioned the Watford loss cannot be blamed on Lovren/missing Hendo, and the Chelsea loss cannot be blamed on (Insert Scapegoat)/missing Hendo.

Klopp has a squad. There is always talk about how the fringe players are itching to play. I have not seen Minamino, Origi, Neco, or Curtis get valuable and meaningful game time with the first team. It is almost as if they are not trusted enough but can get on for 5-10 minutes depending on the match situation. I may be wrong on this but several of the fringe players have not been fully integrated. I can understand that Klopp does not want to chop and change like Benitez (to a certain extent). If it works why change it, but in my opinion, the depth on the bench is not good enough. Of course we cannot afford to have a City type bench but this should be addressed.

Chelsea also had several first-team players missing and had an 18-year-old who won the midfield and got the man of the match.

It is not a scapegoat or missing a player there is some complacency creeping up and I trust Klopp to get this fixed.

I have mixed views on the winter break as everyone deserves a chance to recharge their batteries. But if the players thought "its in the bag" they are in for a rude awakening.

Bournemouth are fighting relegation, Everton away is never easy (plus if we lose to Bournemouth they have an incentive to put another L) Crystal Palace at home again is a team that worries me and Atletico to visit in the CL. All these teams have a chance of hurting what has so far been an amazing season.

It feels weird to have 3 Ls. I forgot what it felt like to lose. But it will turn around. It has to.

B.A. and TimB4Last repped this.