Chelsea v. Arsenal Prematch thread...

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Ian Lozada, Aug 29, 2002.

1. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    I did and though Ham looked good for 60 minutes its hard to play at St James park. Once the dam burst it was a flood.

2. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    West Ham has a nice "feel good" quality about them, but there's no way - no way! - they're going to finish ahead of Chelsea, this or pretty much any other year. Soccernet in particular is often full of Sp*rs. The Hammers are a selling club who simply aren't big enough to sustain a run over the course of an entire season. That being said, they're usually entertaining, usually capable of beating you, and certainly not lowly. Drawing against them at Upton Park, where they only lost three times last season, wasn't a disgrace.

As far as the match on Sunday, JFH owns us, and it's rarer when he doesn't score against us than when he does. LeSaux, if he's indeed in ahead of Babayaro, is a first-class wind-up merchant. His old nemesis Lee Dixon isn't around anymore, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see Arsenal's first red card of the season in this match. I think we can win, but I'll settle for a draw.

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I'm a little surprised that JFH is still at Chelsea, but they do have a pretty good team. Not Arsenal/ManU good, but I agree a bit with michaec that we can't be upset with a draw. Much as we'd all love a victory, I do see a 1-1 score line in our future.

On a completely unrelated note, anyone else having a real problem with Manu Petit's new hair? I can't believe it's the same guy.

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Sky Sports
    BBC Match Preview

5. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club: