Chelsea TV/Chelsea Village employment...

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by eric515, Aug 27, 2002.

1. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, this is kind of a weird post, but I was on the Chelsea Village website, and it said that Chelsea TV/Chelsea Digital Media had a vacancy for a production assistant. It sounds like an awesome job that I am well suited for. Only problem is, I am American, and I live in Georgia. I e-mailed the contact, but heard no reply.

My question is, would I have any shot of getting this job? It seems like EU standards are pretty tight on hiring non-EU's. I would really love the chance to live and work in London, and work for a football team. Oh, and concerning the "My Teams" part of my profile...I am very open to switching my loyalties to a team that offers me employment. :)

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Securing a work permit for employment in the EU can prove to be every bit as daunting as obtaining the famed "green card" over here.

You would have to prove that you and you alone are the best person that Chelsea could find capable of doing that particular job.Chelsea themselves would have to prove that they actively tried to hire somebody from within the confines of the Eu and failed to find a suitable person.

You would then be given a test of your "skills".

In the end it would come down to some geeky clerk in the immigration control board to okay it or not.Of course both yourself and CFC and lawyers of both parties could request a formal hearing to hash it out.

Most likely you would then be given a temporary permit for a few months with the view to a permanent one after an inspection by an official at the end of the temporary one.

3. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, in otherwords, alot of work that Chelsea would probably not want to put themselves through, even if it meant hiring a less qualified person??

And we thought affirmative action was bad over here! :)

4. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No reply as of yet. :( guess I should give it a few days, huh?? Now that I think about it, I should probably worry about getting a passport first!! :)

5. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    Yup

I would say the first order of business is to get a passport so you can make it over there if they ask you to come for an interview. Then worry about the work visa.

6. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Yup

Well, me getting the job is probably mostly fantasy at this point anyway...although I would love to do it, if I ever chose to move to England, even for a few years, I am sure I would have to take some odd jobs at first...then work my way to breaking into their media structures.

Anyone know of any first hand examples of someone pulling off something like I am trying to do??