Chelsea Trio head list of PFA nominees

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BridgeMonkee, Apr 12, 2006.

1. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    PFA Player of the Year

The six nominations:

Joe Cole (Chelsea)
    Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)
    Frank Lampard (Chelsea)
    Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
    Wayne Rooney (Man United)
    John Terry (Chelsea)

PFA YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR
    The six nominations

Darren Bent (Charlton)
    Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)
    Anton Ferdinand (West Ham)
    Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)
    Cristiano Ronaldo (Man United)
    Wayne Rooney (Man United)

2. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Should be Terry and Rooney. Joey hasn't done too much lately but he was couple weeks to win the award.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I think Henry will win it. Rooney will win again as well.

4. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    On the other board I post on a lot of people said Henry, too. Arsenal are in 5th place, FFS!

5. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Hell I don't know how you pick between Lampard and Terry - they both have been just unreal this season. I'm surprised that Ruuuuuud is not on the list - he is, after all, almost tied with Henry for scoring/assists. I guess the fact that he's been benched lately influenced the nominations - I don't know. I don't really see why Joe Cole is on that list at all. There are several folks who had better seasons and/or were more important to their team (ruud, pedersen, bent, to name a few).

I pick Terry

6. sukhenkoy

sukhenkoy New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    20,000 shits
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is it possible for Rooney to win both awards? I doubt that it will happen, but I'm just wondering if the PFA would allow it. :confused:

7. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lampard has been shite since Christmas. Cole was the best player in England for the first half of the season but has dropped off since. He certainly deserves to be on the list. What has Rooney done that's so great?

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    He's done a number of things.

1. Lost a little weight
    2. Stopped sleeping with over-the-hill prostitutes
    3. Learned how to gamble (altough apparently, he is not very good)
    :D

Seriously, he's been MANU best player this season. Without him, MANU would have never been in the race.

9. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Indeed. Giving it to Henry would be rewarding failure.

This award is voted for by fellow professionals so the result will be interesting. I think Rooney has done enough to stand out in the young player category. Lampard was better last season but is still a decent player this year overall. Terry is a rock. Joe Cole certainly the most improved player and he’d get my vote.
    <o =""></o>
    Btw – when are all the votes submitted? Have they already been submitted? And if they have been when were they submitted?

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Terry will take the players vote, I'd expect.
    He's very much a players player, strong, solid, leads from the back - and touted to be a future Captain of his country.I can't see him not taking the majority of the players votes again.

Rooney will walk the young players vote.

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I'd give our player of the year award to Gallas, personally. There's pretty much nothing more that we can ask of him, other than to have been healthy against Barcelona.

12. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it a gross injustice that James Beattie wasn't nominated.

13. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not to worry I am sure David Moyes will be the manager of the year again

14. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    I think Terry will win it, nobody else has really been as solid all season. Rooney had a patch of good form around Christmas, but he's looked tired lately, similar to Gerrard and Lamps. Which does not bode well for England in the WC.

15. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think Rooney has ruled himself out as his average performance today took ManUre out of the 'title-race'.

16. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

The sooner he learns he can't score 30-yard volleys every game, the better. I think he's a great player, but honestly, half the time he's within 40 yards of the goal, he lets one fly into the top row.

17. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I disagree with that. You want your great players to do what makes them great. You can't score a 30 yard volley if you don't try and take one. One moment of such brilliance can win a game. You want your stars trying to shine even on days when they can't. We wouldn't want super Frankie to stop shooting from outside the box because he's not hitting them.

18. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

Maybe, but the rate at which Rooney trys them, when he's got better options, is absolutely ridiculous. Especially with so many other talented players, who are also capable of magic, it really comes down to selfishness. If Rooney were playing on Sunderland, then maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal, but he's on a very talented squad.

19. phishnchipz

phishnchipz Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Seriously, where is Gallas?